Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

Gonna post the same reaction here... 

It'll be hilarious if after all the fighting in Bears Fandom and on this board if the panthers win out and we don't have #1 anyway. Maye to me is much riskier, and more about projection about being able to reach him to read the field. 

I'll be honest, in that case, I look hard at Maye, look hard at mid tier qbs in case I take MHJ at 2.......

But ultimately probably try and trade back up to 1 and take williams with both our 1s.

37 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

With their D if the Jags can sort out the OL for TE to run behind they should still win.

I know. But now I have stupid scenarios like how the Texans lost out on 1.1 the last second. Lol.

Realistically the Panthers are bad enough most teams should be able to beat them with their back up QB.

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting question posed to me by a Washington fan...

What do you think the Bears record would be if we had Sweat from the start of the season?

I had us reversed at 9-6 winning the Broncos, first Vikes & Saints (I know he was here but only for 5 days) games

I had the Bears at 7-10 well before the season, and a major part of it was the lack of passrush. I thought Ngakoue would have been better too.

That being said the defense wasn't going to do that well with or without Sweat until Eberflus took over defensive playcalling. Offense was regularly pretty putrid for most of the first 10 weeks too. So with Sweat coming over in week 9 that gives 8 games to possibly change. I don't believe he changes the Bucs game or Vikes game (Fields went down and Bagent was not ready, as an UFA rookie shouldnt) but DEN and NO are real possibilities. I think thr Bears beat DEN but still find a way to lose NO. Carr was getting the ball out pretty quickly IIRC. Games vs KC, GB in week 1, and LAC the Bears were getting spanked regardless.

So really with Sweat the Bears would be 7-8 right now is my best guess.

Interesting little comment from the commentators on Sunday when they said Johnson looked great at the practice they were at...at 6-6" 220lbs he gives us something different in the depth rotation at least.