New Regime Options

beardown3231

31 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Sometimes when I'm driving around or prepping a thought I really like to change my perspective on things and try and argue against myself, and always find it really useful to either develop an idea, or consider what my argument might do to someone else or at least anticipate a counter argument etc etc. In this case that well goes totally dry except for some sort of organizational comfort in a coach that will seal those close losses,  who won't be too scary and unconventional, who will physically sit there and be present while reporters ask tough questions, who looks completely like a 
"coach guy"  from a Hallmark move, even after unforgivable **** just went down.  Like seriosuly aside from continuity for continuity's sake, what is there here?

Things I can talk myself into easier:

-veganism

-voting for the other presidential candidate (in very complex things like politics you can always find something to agree with or at least understand)

-getting a real job

-veganism (there really are lots of ethical, environmental and health benefits_)

-auto trans in sporty cars (they're quicker these days!)

-white wine

-Going slowly in the right lane*

-The suburbs

-Lite rock

*Just realized that Eberflus is the equivalent of someone who gets on the highway, kind of ends up in the left lane for reasons, and then just stays there, even though they know it's against the order of how lanes work, and people are angrily riding their tail and having to go all the way over the right to pass, and traffic is slowly building up behind and around them, but there's just not a good spot to get over so just angle your mirror towards for face and turn up the radio. 

I can't remember the last time my hopes got up so high for a win for them to come crashing down. Mind you, I did not expect them to win going into the game. However, they were just so completely dominate that I started to think there was no way even they go blow this game. Well, you tricky bastards! You got me again. Well played Flussy.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I feel like the villain because I don't want Flubby and Getsy fired. Let this staff cook themselves further. Fire them after the last game of the season, not before. 

LAR looks totally different with Pierce as a HC and won 2 of their last 3 and hung with MIA. While I have no faith that Janocko is the second coming of Shanny or that Hightower is going to be some stud in the making, just getting those clowns out of the building my give the Bears an extra meaningless win or two. 

Embrace the tank and get the best draft pick possible for the new regime. I don't want to miss on an "Aaron Donald" of this draft because they found a way to squeak by a mediocre team in Dec. 

I don't disagree with you in principle, but at the same time I want a sign that ownership actually gives a crap

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

I don't disagree with you in principle, but at the same time I want a sign that ownership actually gives a crap

I'm hoping Warren is the one who will be that person. 

Purely head cannon here and no backing by anything, but I think they realized they suck *** at football ops but know they can make even more money if they got someone who wasn't trash at it. Ted and Co are too damn soft for any real leadership roles and Warren can be the one they deflect any criticism to as it is "out of their hands" when he make a controversial firing or hiring. Hopefully he can be the no nonsense, no BS guy because all these 'nice guys' might be people you wouldn't mind having a beer with but they sure as hell can't lead and coach a football team competently. 

I want actual ownership to stay the hell out of all football ops because ever since Mike McCaskey fired Vainisi in the late 80s then not even letting Tobin be the real GM the Bears have been a joke of a franchise.  

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Someone help me make sense of it all

it goes back to his "sweat wasn't in the game because of rotations and keeping guys fresh. my guy, your defense was on the field 1/3 of the time as the offense. they had plenty of time to rest. we just traded a high 2nd and $100M for our best defensive player, put him on the field.

• Like 1

Guys, i just realized another reason Flus is gonna be fired in the offseason.

Teams eligible for hard knocks - "(1) they have a new head coach; (2) they’ve done it within the past 10 years; and (3) they’ve been to the playoffs in any of the prior two seasons."

McCaskey's absolutely don't want to do hard knocks. they were almost picked last year. if they fire flus, they wont be forced to do it.

22 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Guys, i just realized another reason Flus is gonna be fired in the offseason.

Teams eligible for hard knocks - "(1) they have a new head coach; (2) they’ve done it within the past 10 years; and (3) they’ve been to the playoffs in any of the prior two seasons."

McCaskey's absolutely don't want to do hard knocks. they were almost picked last year. if they fire flus, they wont be forced to do it.

I love the idea of the Bears on Hard Knocks but it's just the camera crew following an increasingly terrified George McCaskey around with "The Office" style footage.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

First time any of the bigger name insiders have mentioned Poles being at any potential risk...I still struggle to see that one a bit...but if Kevin Warren does really want his own guy then that would seem to be Rick Spielman.

was spielman his guy, or were they just both there at the same time? also, i have a hard time thinking poles was given the ok to trade #1 for a future first and trade this years 2nd and give out that contract if he's gone after this year

3 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

was spielman his guy, or were they just both there at the same time? also, i have a hard time thinking poles was given the ok to trade #1 for a future first and trade this years 2nd and give out that contract if he's gone after this year

Spielman couldn't have any more complimentary about Warren when we hired him and it is clear the two of them worked very closely for 13 years in that front office...I think if he wants someone to trust then Spielman would be an obvious choice...

I do agree though I suspect Poles is safe...just the first insider to even question it.

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Someone help me make sense of it all

Well Sanborn is the best fit at SAM, so naturally he shouldn't be in when a SAM was necessary.

Its pretty simple sogic. Ghe other team can't clue in on you when you don't even know wtf you're doing.