New Regime Options

beardown3231

22 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I agree with all of this. I doubt he gets a HC job anytime soon, maybe ever, but I wouldn't hate it.

If anything happens that keeps Flus here for 2024 I would be much happier if either he or Moore come here after WAS or LAC clean house as the OC.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Considering two of those many incidents were putting his hands on the throat of a female parking attendant and shoving a firefighter who was tackling a blaze at Bieniemy's own mother's property I don't really care how long ago it happened...dude is a scumbag and I don't see why on earth when there are ample candidates for one of the top jobs in all of sports we would settle for this guy...

Coaching side no one can question...but there is a clear reason no owner up until this point has trusted this guy.

I hear you bro ! he has a LOOONG *** list of offenses !! 

In perfect fairness tho we have to consider his age, length of time since last offenses and also things like Neuroplasticity.

Today, it's understood that the brain's neuroplasticity allows it to reorganize pathways, create new connections, and, in some cases, even create new neurons.

Plasticity refers to brain malleability, or ability to CHange;  it does not imply that the brain is plastic. Neuro refers to neurons, or nerve cells that are the building blocks of brain and nervous system. So neuroplasticity allows nerve cells to change and adjust. Therefore, things like motivation, individual lifespan development, personality features etc  are not permanent and depending on a person's level of desire and willingness to change, dramatic changes are very possible, and can happen VERY late in life, even until death. 

I have seen some remarkable individual transformations in  my practice. 

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Considering two of those many incidents were putting his hands on the throat of a female parking attendant and shoving a firefighter who was tackling a blaze at Bieniemy's own mother's property I don't really care how long ago it happened...dude is a scumbag and I don't see why on earth when there are ample candidates for one of the top jobs in all of sports we would settle for this guy...

Coaching side no one can question...but there is a clear reason no owner up until this point has trusted this guy.

Dude we are talking like 30 some years ago when most of these incidents happened and Bieniemy was still a college student in his early twenties. 

I'm sure a lot of us her made some stupid decisions back in our twenties 

As far as I can see he has not had any brush ins with the law since 2001.

I would say he's matured wouldn't you?

16 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I think Bienemy would honestly be in my top 3 behind Harbaugh and Johnson. He's a hard *** and clearly KC is lost offensively without him. I wouldn't LOVE it but it sure beats some 50-something year old beat off who loves defense

Is the KC offense lost because they lost Bienemey, or because they added Nagy in his place? 🤔 

8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Dude we are talking like 30 some years ago when most of these incidents happened and Bieniemy was still a college student in his early twenties. 

I'm sure a lot of us her made some stupid decisions back in our twenties 

As far as I can see he has not had any brush ins with the law since 2001.

I would say he's matured wouldn't you?

No...at no point did I assault a woman or try and stop a fire being extinguished...that isn't a maturity issue...that is being an arsehole of the highest order...

Matured or not this is the chartered franchise of the NFL...we can do far better. 

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No...at no point did I assault a woman or try and stop a fire being extinguished...that isn't a maturity issue...that is being an arsehole of the highest order...

Matured or not this is the chartered franchise of the NFL...we can do far better. 

The passage of time makes it far less of an issue for me, but all that matters is whether or not it makes a difference for the Bears. There’s clearly been something that’s kept him from getting a HC opportunity elsewhere though in this modern era of the NFL where most teams are looking for a younger creative offensive mind in their HC and Bienemey has had as much prolonged success as he has. Any other coaches with HC ambition who have his coaching resume have gotten a HC gig far earlier. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The passage of time makes it far less of an issue for me, but all that matters is whether or not it makes a difference for the Bears. There’s clearly been something that’s kept him from getting a HC opportunity elsewhere though in this modern era of the NFL where most teams are looking for a younger creative offensive mind in their HC and Bienemey has had as much prolonged success as he has. Any other coaches with HC ambition who have his coaching resume have gotten a HC gig far earlier. 

I think it is clear what has stopped him from getting a HC gig...all that stuff might be overlooked somewhat as an assistant coach but you best believe it would all be brought up if he became our HC by the Chicago media...

Either way there are better options out there...hopefully won't even be an issue and Washington take the bullet and promote him.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it is clear what has stopped him from getting a HC gig...all that stuff might be overlooked somewhat as an assistant coach but you best believe it would all be brought up if he became our HC by the Chicago media...

Either way there are better options out there...hopefully won't even be an issue and Washington take the bullet and promote him.

Better options as in who? 

Harbaugh is still a pipe dream. Rumor has it he and Kevin Warren don't have as good of a relationship as some people seem to think they do and last time Harbaugh was in the NFL he had a power struggle with his GM at the time (I believe Baalke?) so I highly doubt he's going to want to come here to work with Poles who he has no tiea to and who by all accounts appears to be safe in his role. 

I love the idea of Harbaugh being the head coach but have doubts about him being a CEO type of coach. If he'd want to come in to work under Poles that would be great 

But rumor also has it he wants JJ McCarthy wherever he goes. That's a hard pass for me. Not that I don't think he can be any good but I'd much rather stick with Fields then go with JJ who has a lot more question marks and less ability.

Other than him do we really trust Ben Johnson to lead this team ? He's only been a coordinators for 2 years, and yes while he has done a good job in Detroit I just don't know that I'd  feel overly confident handing the reigns of this team over to him 

I want the next head coach of this team to be a respected leader who can relate to the players in that locker room and who has a track record is successful development of players, especially at the QB position. Someone who has played the game at the NFL level would be preferred too but it's not a must 

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Better options as in who? 

Harbaugh is still a pipe dream. Rumor has it he and Kevin Warren don't have as good of a relationship as some people seem to think they do and last time Harbaugh was in the NFL he had a power struggle with his GM at the time (I believe Baalke?) so I highly doubt he's going to want to come here to work with Poles who he has no tiea to and who by all accounts appears to be safe in his role. 

I love the idea of Harbaugh being the head coach but have doubts about him being a CEO type of coach. If he'd want to come in to work under Poles that would be great 

But rumor also has it he wants JJ McCarthy wherever he goes. That's a hard pass for me. Not that I don't think he can be any good but I'd much rather stick with Fields then go with JJ who has a lot more question marks and less ability.

Other than him do we really trust Ben Johnson to lead this team ? He's only been a coordinators for 2 years, and yes while he has done a good job in Detroit I just don't know that I'd  feel overly confident handing the reigns of this team over to him 

I want the next head coach of this team to be a respected leader who can relate to the players in that locker room and who has a track record is successful development of players, especially at the QB position. Someone who has played the game at the NFL level would be preferred too but it's not a must 

Anyone who didn't have constant run ins with the law through his own actions...some things are more important than Xs & Os and that is only amplified as a HC...I would certainly not respect him as a leader and there will be people in that locker room with real issues with him (clearly a lot of owners with real issues as well)...he is a hard pass for me.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Anyone who didn't have constant run ins with the law through his own actions...some things are more important than Xs & Os and that is only amplified as a HC...I would certainly not respect him as a leader and there will be people in that locker room with real issues with him (clearly a lot of owners with real issues as well)...he is a hard pass for me.

Fair enough but I think this team needs to get away from this idea that they always need to hire some goody two shoes kind of coach with a super clean rap sheet.

That didn't work with Jauron, Trestman, Fox, Nagy nor Flus. Only coach in this franchise's last 30 years who's had any semblance of success is Lovie and that was pretty short lived.

Time for them to take a risk and get out outside of their comfort zone of being a bunch of *******

Just now, topwop1 said:

Fair enough but I think this team needs to get away from this idea that they always need to hire some goody two shoes kind of coach with a super clean rap sheet.

That didn't work with Jauron, Trestman, Fox, Nagy nor Flus. Only coach in this franchise's last 30 years who's had any semblance of success is Lovie and that was pretty short lived.

Time for them to take a risk and get out outside of their comfort zone of being a bunch of *******

Harbaugh is my joint #1 choice right now for HC...but there is a big difference between playing in the grey and flat out being a criminal...that is something that has to be taken into consideration in any evaluation and for me he has not done anything so outstandingly in Washington that I would overlook his clear concerns.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Harbaugh is my joint #1 choice right now for HC...but there is a big difference between playing in the grey and flat out being a criminal...that is something that has to be taken into consideration in any evaluation and for me he has not done anything so outstandingly in Washington that I would overlook his clear concerns.

I just think it's a bit unfair to hold these criminal incidents over the guy when they happened over 20 years ago. Did Bieniemy ever even face any jail time for any of his actions? Not from what I can see.

Lastly if Bieniemy can be judged against getting a HC job because of his past then why is Mike Vrabel allowed to be a HC after his brush in with the law for theft ?

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Is the KC offense lost because they lost Bienemey, or because they added Nagy in his place? 🤔 

Neither.  Their WR group just isn't very good. 

Edited by dll2000
group not good
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I just think it's a bit unfair to hold these criminal incidents over the guy when they happened over 20 years ago. Did Bieniemy ever even face any jail time for any of his actions? Not from what I can see.

Lastly if Bieniemy can be judged against getting a HC job because of his past then why is Mike Vrabel allowed to be a HC after his brush in with the law for theft ?

I guess for me assaulting a woman is a far bigger issue than theft...and again I am not saying people can't change...lots of people who have been criminals have...I'm just saying with one of the most prestigious jobs in all of football and millions on the line I would look in many other directions before I would turn to him.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I guess for me assaulting a woman is a far bigger issue than theft...and again I am not saying people can't change...lots of people who have been criminals have...I'm just saying with one of the most prestigious jobs in all of football and millions on the line I would look in many other directions before I would turn to him.

The thing is he was never convicted of assaulting that women so again what are we even talking about here...anyway to each their own 

I will agree with you that Harbaugh would be my#1 choice over any of these guys but I have my doubts he'd be attainable without having to give up both a lot of power and money, something I do not see this franchise doing with Warren now calling the shots 

And with us potentially ending up with the #1 pick (still wont believe it until it actually happens) I want a way better plan at QB than JJ McCarthy being th future QB of this franchise, so if that's Harbaugh's idea then forget it... pass