New Regime Options

beardown3231

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think if Snow wants it then he has earned it in a lot of ways...that said at 68 years old he might prefer the advanced analysis role he has right now...if he does then the DC role becomes open to just about anyone who we think is an excellent position coach if Flus keeps play calling duties.

I think it’s pretty obvious if Eberflus stays hands on, it’s just going to be a guy already on the staff. The most likely to me is Borgonzi, I’ve heard that’s who works closes with Flus on Gamedays. 

I don’t think it was ever going to be a tenured guy in the league, not with this situation. The OC spot is alittle different due to likely getting full autonomy to install their own system. Not running the HCs system 

On 12/30/2023 at 9:05 PM, Madmike90 said:

If Flus is retained we badly need to bring in an experienced OC if the plan is also to keep Fields (which it should be)...I don't think Frank Reich is coming here or anywhere else for that matter so the 3 that would make the most sense right now IMO would be...

Greg Roman

Darrell Bevell

Kellen Moore

Greg Olson

There are always interesting first time OCs but let's find someone who really understands how to build an offence around Fields and what the rest of our players do well.

I've made it a part of my game day routine to listen to Poles' weekly pre-game hit on the radio. Yesterday he talked about wanting to be a ground-and-pound team, especially with the winter weather we face in the NFC North (until we get a dome lol).

Again, to me, that's Greg Roman to a T. Rushing offense yards ranking per season:

I mean, Jesus Christ.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G08 said:

Yesterday he talked about wanting to be a ground-and-pound team

I feel like, in the situation we are in, that only really works if you can admit to yourself/him that Justin’s Legs are just as/more important to this offense as his arm. 

Trying to force Getsy/Packers offense does not accomplish that. Neither does drafting one of the prolific passing prospects (both can run, but that’s not why you draft them) Recreating Cam Newton in Carolina would be the most fruitful situation in my mind

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I feel like, in the situation we are in, that only really works if you can admit to yourself/him that Justin’s Legs are just as/more important to this offense as his arm. 

Trying to force Getsy/Packers offense does not accomplish that. Neither does drafting one of the prolific passing prospects (both can run, but that’s not why you draft them) Recreating Cam Newton in Carolina would be the most fruitful situation in my mind

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with that style if it puts points on the board. I've said repeatedly, idgaf if it is the Navy Triple Option or they copy Leach's playcalling. Put up points, that's the objective. How you do it should be tailored to how you can do it as often and regularly as possible.

Does it suck that Love will top 4k passing yards next week and has more TDs than any Bears QB in history? Obviously, though lack of runs in the redzone artificially inflates those TD numbers for Love. But I care about total ppg for the team more than a QBs individual stats. Bears are like a half a point behind GB in that with an incompetent SOB at OC.

17 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Does it suck that Love will top 4k passing yards next week and has more TDs than any Bears QB in history? Obviously, though lack of runs in the redzone artificially inflates those TD numbers for Love. But I care about total ppg for the team more than a QBs individual stats. Bears are like a half a point behind GB in that with an incompetent SOB at OC.

It won't suck when we whoop their *** next week and knock them out of the playoffs 😈

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Now that is interesting

This franchise is pathetic if true

I mean McCasky and Phillips have such a sterling record with football Ops. 🤨

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Now that is interesting

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

This franchise is pathetic if true

I mean McCasky and Phillips have such a sterling record with football Ops. 🤨

Adam Jahns said the opposite, that this whole thing was overblown and despite them giving 3 finalists, they were not there for the secound round of interviews and even told Poles to expand the search if he needed to

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Adam Jahns said the opposite, that this whole thing was overblown and despite them giving 3 finalists, they were not there for the secound round of interviews and even told Poles to expand the search if he needed to

Not sure what writers are reputable or not but I hope the one from Jahns is correct. I was seriously hoping Warren's hire was the final step for McCaskey and Phillips to GTFO of football operations. For being actually IN the franchise for decades they seem utterly incompetent about football.

There are reports that, after he was hired, Ryan Poles wanted to interview candidates without Polian (and perhaps others) in the room, which upset Polian. 

Good for Poles.