'THE SUPER EARLY, WHY ARE WE DOING THIS IT'S ONLY WEEK 4' MOCK

Karnage84

33 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I feel like he's going to get signed. The Lions can open up $15M of cap room by cutting Decker with a post-June 1st designation. We've got quite a bit of cap room to play with although there's guys like Goff, ARSB and Jonah Jackson that should be getting contracts. 

Don't forget about Penei Sewell. 

46 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I haven't watched him but he does have a 54.8 PFF grade, good enough for 57th qualified OT.  So not great but its early and if he was playing OG, then it may be better.  Side note, we would not likely have one of Laporta or Branch (or both given extra resources allowed us to move up for Branch) if we did not trade down with AZ.  

Yeah, that is always something to consider and I sometimes forget about. I still would prefer to not worry about the OL....ever. *edit - meant I'd prefer in general, not over Branch or Laporta.

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Don't forget about Penei Sewell. 

Sewell we at least get the fifth year option on, so have him for two more years guaranteed but would prefer to get a long term deal done before that.  

ARSB, McNeill, Iffy, and Levi will all be free agents after next year.  As will Houston I believe given we cut him and signed him from the PS squad he only has the RFA years left.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

This was why I wanted the dude from OSU last year with our first pick. Get the early on best OL with our premium picks from the Stafford trade. Seemed like the best long term ROI we could of had if Carter wasn’t going to be the pick.

I haven’t been watching Arizona this year so I have no idea how he’s panning out, but we need to take care of the ol because our success is tied to this position group.

There have been very good guards taken all over the draft.  Quenton Nelson was taken higher than any interior lineman that I can recall.  However, a lot of G, G/C type players have been taken in the late-first round, second and third round.  I have no problem taking a guard or center in Round 1 if they are good enough to warrant that grade but Rounds 2 and 3 seem to be good place to get value with the interior line positions.  The upshot to having so many highly rated OTs and Gs  in this draft is that there will be a chance to get good players later on in the draft because the teams that hit those positions early will be looking at other priorities.  The large number of good QB prospects in this draft will make amplify that effect.  That will leave the Lions in a position to scoop up some solid prospect in the later rounds.  The best example I can think of is the Chiefs:  Joe Thuney-2d rd pick with the Patriots, Creed Humphrey-2d rd pick, Trey Smith-6th rd pick.  

You also have to account for the Brad Holmes factor.  He has completely re-made this team in just three drafts after being handed a roster that was mostly bereft of talent outside the O-Line.  Lets be honest, his first three off-seasons have been a mad scramble to get this team back to respectability.  If the play of the this year's rookie class continues to expand and improve this might be his best draft yet.  He got Colby Sorsdal in the 5th round and he was good enough to make the team as a back-up OL as a rookie and probably compete for a starting job in year 2.  Chase Lucas was a 2022 7th round pick and has become a special-teams demon.  Melifonwu was a 3rd round pick.  Brock Wright was a UDFA.  No GM is going to hit on all of their draft picks but he has done a really good job so far and there is no reason to think he won't be able to work every level of the draft to keep the talent-level high.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Yeah, that is always something to consider and I sometimes forget about. I still would prefer to not worry about the OL....ever. *edit - meant I'd prefer in general, not over Branch or Laporta.

Agreed, I think having the OL shored up is super important and although we have a very good one, injuries always are an issue.  But I do think I would rather have Gibbs and Laporta than Paris Johnson and probably more than Carter but thats close at least.  If you throw in Branch and ending up with someone else in the second, I would easily have the three other than Carter plus whoever.  

2 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

There have been very good guards taken all over the draft.  Quenton Nelson was taken higher than any interior lineman that I can recall.  However, a lot of G, G/C type players have been taken in the late-first round, second and third round.  I have no problem taking a guard or center in Round 1 if they are good enough to warrant that grade but Rounds 2 and 3 seem to be good place to get value with the interior line positions.  The upshot to having so many highly rated OTs and Gs  in this draft is that there will be a chance to get good players later on in the draft because the teams that hit those positions early will be looking at other priorities.  The large number of good QB prospects in this draft will make amplify that effect.  That will leave the Lions in a position to scoop up some solid prospect in the later rounds.  The best example I can think of is the Chiefs:  Joe Thuney-2d rd pick with the Patriots, Creed Humphrey-2d rd pick, Trey Smith-6th rd pick.  

You also have to account for the Brad Holmes factor.  He has completely re-made this team in just three drafts after being handed a roster that was mostly bereft of talent outside the O-Line.  Lets be honest, his first three off-seasons have been a mad scramble to get this team back to respectability.  If the play of the this year's rookie class continues to expand and improve this might be his best draft yet.  He got Colby Sorsdal in the 5th round and he was good enough to make the team as a back-up OL as a rookie and probably compete for a starting job in year 2.  Chase Lucas was a 2022 7th round pick and has become a special-teams demon.  Melifonwu was a 3rd round pick.  Brock Wright was a UDFA.  No GM is going to hit on all of their draft picks but he has done a really good job so far and there is no reason to think he won't be able to work every level of the draft to keep the talent-level high.

I did notice Lucas a few times making plays on special teams last week.  That is likely why he is here instead of Starling Thomas and good to see him having an impact. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

@Karnage84 I just did a mock on PFN and the results would fit your requests. I made a couple small trades to add an extra mid round pick.

1.27 - Leonard Taylor, DT Miami (FL)

2.58 - Decorian Patterson, CB UCF

3.67 - J.T. Tuimoloau, EDGE/DL OSU

3.76 - Patrick Paul, OT Houston

4.107 - Johnny Wilson, WR FSU

5.153 - Drake Nugent, OC Michigan

6.188 - Javon Foster, OT Missouri

Would add to the DL with two studs, a top CB prospect who likely will go higher than this, 3 OL with one of Paul or Foster being able to kick inside to OG, and a big (6'6") WR who has speed.  Would need to re-up CJGJ at S but this would be a very solid result IMO.  

Interesting to see some overlap on a new one that I just did (inspired by your effort but I actually didn't look at your players when I made picks)

• #25 - Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa: This guy is an all around freak athlete and I suspect he should be able to play outside at the next level. Worst case scenario, we have two guys (Branch and DeJean) that can be moved around to different spots. 
  • #60 - Tyler Davis, DT, Clemson: He offers good size (6'2, 300 lbs) and offers both run stuffing and pass-rush ability. Play McNeill at whatever position that is best and then plug in a guy like Davis next to him. It never hurts to add good DL players and keep a rotation going. 
  • #67 - Zak Zinter, RG, Michigan: He's elite at run and pass blocking. He has over 1,000 snaps at RG right now (with the rest of 2023 to go). He's a plug and play guy here for years to come. 
  • #91 - Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky: I'm not hanging my hat on this guy but the position seemed right and he was BPA that also addressed a few items on the to do list (over 200 lbs, good OVR, good run blocking score, etc.). His height or lack of (he's 5'11) concerns me. He's getting Zay Flowers comps. I was leaning towards Jason Marshall, the CB out of Florida here. However, I'm trying to find slots for guys and Corley was more of a position fit than Marshall. 
  • #162 - Javon Foster, OT, Missouri: Here's our duplicate. He has 1100+ snaps at LT in the SEC. He grades out well as both a pass and run blocker. NFL Draft Buzz says his best fit is a team that runs a power run game, so he'd be a great fit for our offense. As a later round pick, he can be given some time to develop behind Decker and eventually be his replacement. 
  • #206 - Darius Robinson, Ole Miss: I didn't intend on picking back-to-back Tigers and actually missed that until writing this up. He's 6'5, 296. Offers some pass-rushing ability. He can compete for an edge spot behind Cominsky and Paschal
  • #248 - Collin Oliver, LB/EDGE, Oklahoma State: He's listed as an edge on PFN and LB on PFF. He's 6'2, 235 lbs. He grades out with a 91.4 as a pass rusher and a 72.0 in coverage. He has potential to push James Houston's spot on the roster or offer a little extra than what we can get out of Rodrigo. 

SUMMARY

We've added another top level piece to the secondary. If we bring back CJGJ, then the group just gets that much deeper here. Jerry Jacobs is a RFA so we might need to re-visit the Corley pick and add another DB somewhere

We've addressed 2 of the 3 OL issues and we've added depth at both interior OG spots (Foster can probably play inside) with a long-term starter set on the right. 

We've added depth on the DL in order to maintain constant pressure on the opposing QB's while still focusing on stopping the run. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Interesting to see some overlap on a new one that I just did (inspired by your effort but I actually didn't look at your players when I made picks)

• #25 - Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa: This guy is an all around freak athlete and I suspect he should be able to play outside at the next level. Worst case scenario, we have two guys (Branch and DeJean) that can be moved around to different spots. 
  • #60 - Tyler Davis, DT, Clemson: He offers good size (6'2, 300 lbs) and offers both run stuffing and pass-rush ability. Play McNeill at whatever position that is best and then plug in a guy like Davis next to him. It never hurts to add good DL players and keep a rotation going. 
  • #67 - Zak Zinter, RG, Michigan: He's elite at run and pass blocking. He has over 1,000 snaps at RG right now (with the rest of 2023 to go). He's a plug and play guy here for years to come. 
  • #91 - Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky: I'm not hanging my hat on this guy but the position seemed right and he was BPA that also addressed a few items on the to do list (over 200 lbs, good OVR, good run blocking score, etc.). His height or lack of (he's 5'11) concerns me. He's getting Zay Flowers comps. I was leaning towards Jason Marshall, the CB out of Florida here. However, I'm trying to find slots for guys and Corley was more of a position fit than Marshall. 
  • #162 - Javon Foster, OT, Missouri: Here's our duplicate. He has 1100+ snaps at LT in the SEC. He grades out well as both a pass and run blocker. NFL Draft Buzz says his best fit is a team that runs a power run game, so he'd be a great fit for our offense. As a later round pick, he can be given some time to develop behind Decker and eventually be his replacement. 
  • #206 - Darius Robinson, Ole Miss: I didn't intend on picking back-to-back Tigers and actually missed that until writing this up. He's 6'5, 296. Offers some pass-rushing ability. He can compete for an edge spot behind Cominsky and Paschal
  • #248 - Collin Oliver, LB/EDGE, Oklahoma State: He's listed as an edge on PFN and LB on PFF. He's 6'2, 235 lbs. He grades out with a 91.4 as a pass rusher and a 72.0 in coverage. He has potential to push James Houston's spot on the roster or offer a little extra than what we can get out of Rodrigo. 

SUMMARY

We've added another top level piece to the secondary. If we bring back CJGJ, then the group just gets that much deeper here. Jerry Jacobs is a RFA so we might need to re-visit the Corley pick and add another DB somewhere

We've addressed 2 of the 3 OL issues and we've added depth at both interior OG spots (Foster can probably play inside) with a long-term starter set on the right. 

We've added depth on the DL in order to maintain constant pressure on the opposing QB's while still focusing on stopping the run. 

Oliver sounds like a nice replacement for Julian Okwara as well.  Have to read up on the rest but the positions are what I am expecting.  

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Zinter is good but there is something off with the Michigan run game this year. Just isn't the same and I am not as high on Zinter as I once was. 

It's sometimes hard to tell when you have such elite OL play if he is being supported by that some. 

Is it elite? He's the highest rated guy, by a lot (outside of Nugent). 

LT - Barnhart (77.8 OVR with 168 snaps); Henderson (71.2 OVR with 125 snaps)

LG - Keegan (70.5 OVR with 256 snaps); El-Hadi (47.8 OVR with 54 snaps)

OC - Nugent (81.9 OVR with 265 snaps); Crippen (56.2 OVR with 45 snaps)

RG - Zinter (82.2 OVR with 263 snaps); Persi (61.2 OVR with 24 snaps)

RT - Hinton (62.0 OVR with 168 snaps); Barnhart (77.8 OVR with 87 snaps)

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

The OL is #4 for Run Blocking and #32 for pass blocking. Zinter grades out well on both fronts. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

As a unit they have won the award the last two years....so as a group they are.  But yea I understand what you are saying

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

As a unit they have won the award the last two years....so as a group they are.  But yea I understand what you are saying

PFF isn't the end all, be all but just pointing out the individual grades. Zinter leads the group as opposed to being an average player with a ton of support. 

• Like 1

Because it's Thursday and we don't have a lot of Lions related stuff going on until Sunday.. here's another version of

"It's only week 4.. why are we looking at this" - Cornerback Edition

The Lions will have big needs at corner this off-season no matter what. 

• Cam Sutton has been solid but he's not a lockdown CB. 
  • Jerry Jacobs is a RFA next year and we should be looking at upgrading from him
  • Emmanuel Moseley hasn't played yet - still TBD
  • Will Harris should be a FA
  • Brian Branch has been a revelation but he's currently dealing with an injury

We're going to need to add at least

1) CB2 (or someone that can take over as CB1 pushing Sutton to be a high end CB2)

2) Depth - Replace Will Harris

I've gone through PFF and PFN's lists for 2024 CB's. I've added a couple that are grading really well but maybe aren't being talked about right now (it's only week 5 in the college season... we've got a ways to go). 

I had certain criteria that I think the Lions would follow (fairly broad but it'd eliminate some of these guys).

• Size: 5'11+; 180 lbs+
  • OVR: 70.0+ > This is an overall grade on how well they're playing. It's still early but it's a good marker for right now.
  • COV: 70.0+ > You're a corner. You need to be able to cover. 
  • RDEF: 70.0+ > This is a team that wants to stop the run. They don't have to be at at HOF safety level but we should be able to stop it when called upon.
  • TKL: 60.0+ > We need consistent tackling. 
  • Primarily played WCB - Ideally has split time at LCB and RCB (Sutton has mostly played LCB while Jacobs has mostly played RCB but they've each played around 70+ snaps on the opposite side vs 150+ on their respective side)

This isn't ordered in the way I've ranked them but more so how they're rated by PFF with current draft order in mind. (I'll update this post with the scores later).

TC = Team Captain

TAW = Thorpe Award Watchlist

• Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama (TAW) - 6'1, 195 lbs (84.7 OVR; 69.6 TKL; 76.5 RDEF; 83.3 COV)
  • He grades out decently overall. Main concern is that he's exclusively played LCB with over 1,000 snaps played there. Could he flip things over? Possibly but we haven't seen it. He'll also probably be selected much higher than the Lions closest pick. 

• Cooper DeJean, Iowa (TAW) - 6'1, 207 lbs (78.2 OVR; 71.2 TKL; 70.2 RDEF; 80.2 COV)
  • He's either played slot or LCB for about 98% of his snaps. He does offer up some versatility but the same question does arise as McKinstry. DeJean could be the super replacement for what Will Harris offers. This versatility could help but it also leaves us lacking a true outside corner outside of Sutton.

• Quinyon Mitchell, Toledo (TAW) - 6'0, 196 lbs (82.8 OVR; 81.3 TKL; 78.7 RDEF; 81.8 COV)

A shutdown cornerback, Mitchell is tall, long and has 4.3 speed that shows up on film. He has no issue staying step-for-step with wideouts vertically, and Mitchell consistently looked like the fastest player on the field. 

The closing burst is there, and Mitchell's instincts are off the charts. He also never looked out of control and, when targeted, made plays on the football. Mitchell had a four-interception game against Northern Illinois and 13 pass breakups on the season. As a two-year starter for the Rockets, Mitchell has done nothing but stand out. 

He will be a big-time riser over the course of the season and throughout the pre-draft process. Mitchell is a better prospect than Sean Murphy-Bunting, who came out of the MAC and went 39th a few years ago.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/scouting-the-nation-2024-nfl-draft-top-midwest-cornerbacks#gid=ci02c2c5b88000256b&pid=cb-quinyon-mitchell-toledo

• TJ Tampa, Iowa State (TAW) - 6'2, 200 lbs (79.9 OVR; 74.7 TKL; 72.7 RDEF; 80.0 COV)

The Cyclones have had a top-50 pick in the last two drafts, and that trend could continue next April. Tampa is the best cornerback returning to the Big 12 and put together fantastic tape in 2022. He excelled in press coverage, where his physicality and length were on full display. Tampa also has the fluid hips and route recognition to stay in phase with receivers. 

Wideouts’ really struggled to get open against Tampa. His patience and feel for the game showed up in zone coverage, and he could be a high-end zone corner at the next level as well. Tampa can defend the run and doesn’t miss tackles, which only adds to his game. Tampa is a scheme diversity cornerback who has size and length. He took a big jump on film last season and is an ascending prospect. 

If he can continue his success against the top Big 12 wideouts next season, Tampa will be viewed as a day-one starter in the NFL.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/scouting-the-nation-2024-nfl-draft-top-midwest-cornerbacks#gid=ci02c2c5b88000256b&pid=cb-tj-tampa-iowa-state

• Dwight McGlothern, Arkansas - 6'2, 188 lbs (89.9 OVR; 77.6 TKL; 70.4 RDEF; 89.7 COV)

• Jaden Davis, Miami - 5'10, 182 lbs (83.8 OVR; 73.2 TKL; 84.4 RDEF; 81.4 COV)

Transfer from Oklahoma.

Davis , an Oklahoma transfer, has quickly become a leader on the Hurricanes' defense. He missed the Sooners' final three regular-season games last year due to injury but shows no signs of wear. Miami claimed a top-25 spot in the polls with a home win over Texas A&M and the help of Davis ' physicality as an open-field tackler. He made multiple third-down stops and forced a fumble at the end of the third quarter, setting up the touchdown that created a two-score deficit. Davis' speed and tenacity allow him to play outside or inside, though his size and blitzing acumen (tackle for loss vs. a run play, one pass breakup against the Aggies) will likely make him a nickel back at the next level.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft-prospects-ten-early-season-risers-among-potential-senior-bowl-par

• Khyree Jackson, Oregon - 6'3, 195 lbs (81.5 OVR; 77.4 TKL; 70.9 RDEF; 81.3 COV)

Transfer from Alabama

Size, length and ability to recover are key traits all teams want in the cornerback position, and Khyree Jackson has showed all three in his first season with the Oregon Ducks.

Prior to arriving in Eugene, he went to Alabama after a short stint at community college. During his time with the Crimson Tide, the 6'3", 195-pound defensive back primarily played on special teams.

At Oregon, he's now the No. 1 corner after Christian Gonzalez joined the New England Patriots. Like most bigger CBs, Jackson's potential issues are relative to his size.

"He shows to have fluid hips to open and swivel but may have some lateral tightness in press," Giddings said. "The transfer prospect can be handsy at times and out of control. But he displays very good ball skills when working downfield to locate and high point passes."

The previously explosive Colorado Buffaloes wide receivers struggled to stack and create separation from Jackson.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10091001-2024-nfl-draft-week-4-buzz-and-best-prospect-fits-for-leagues-worst-teams

• Isaiah Johnson, Syracuse (TC) - 6'3, 205 lbs (81.3 OVR; 82.8 TKL; 81.4 RDEF; 80.0 COV)

Previously played at Dartmouth; from Detroit. Known as a very hard hitting DB. Has the toolset to eventually play safety. 

Strengths: Tall, aggressive defensive back who began his college career at Dartmouth. Smooth flipping his hips, tracks the pass in the air, and contorts or adjusts to defend or intercept the pass. Has outstanding length that he uses to his advantage, quickly locates the action, and works hard to make plays.

Incredibly instinctive, immediately diagnoses plays, and wraps up tackling. Strong, open-field tackler who brings ball handlers down at the point of attack.

Weaknesses: Slow pedaling in reverse. Lacks a closing burst as well as long speed. More of a loper.

Overall: Johnson was a terrific college cornerback the past three seasons, but he has the style to be moved inside to safety. His instincts, tenacity, and lack of speed fit well in a zone system.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/syracuse-2023-nfl-draft-scouting-reports/

• Ennis Rakestraw, Missouri - 6'0, 188 lbs (76.6 OVR; 87.8 TKL; 87.9 RDEF; 73.2 COV)

Rittenberg: Ennis Rakestraw Jr., CB, Missouri. After producing just one draft pick (defensive end Isaiah McGuire) this year, Missouri will be a much bigger factor in the 2024 draft. Rakestraw is one of several Tigers defensive backs who could rise up draft boards. Fully recovered from a 2021 ACL injury, Rakestraw had three forced fumbles, 13 pass breakups and an interception last season. He’s always around the ball and has very good speed, testing well in Missouri’s offseason program.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/espn-analyst-names-mizzou-defender-a-sleeper-to-watch-for-2024-nfl-draft/

Edited by Karnage84

On 10/5/2023 at 7:01 PM, Karnage84 said:

Because it's Thursday and we don't have a lot of Lions related stuff going on until Sunday.. here's another version of

"It's only week 4.. why are we looking at this" - Cornerback Edition

The Lions will have big needs at corner this off-season no matter what. 

• Cam Sutton has been solid but he's not a lockdown CB. 
  • Jerry Jacobs is a RFA next year and we should be looking at upgrading from him
  • Emmanuel Moseley hasn't played yet - still TBD
  • Will Harris should be a FA
  • Brian Branch has been a revelation but he's currently dealing with an injury

We're going to need to add at least

1) CB2 (or someone that can take over as CB1 pushing Sutton to be a high end CB2)

2) Depth - Replace Will Harris

I've gone through PFF and PFN's lists for 2024 CB's. I've added a couple that are grading really well but maybe aren't being talked about right now (it's only week 5 in the college season... we've got a ways to go). 

I had certain criteria that I think the Lions would follow (fairly broad but it'd eliminate some of these guys).

• Size: 5'11+; 180 lbs+
  • OVR: 70.0+ > This is an overall grade on how well they're playing. It's still early but it's a good marker for right now.
  • COV: 70.0+ > You're a corner. You need to be able to cover. 
  • RDEF: 70.0+ > This is a team that wants to stop the run. They don't have to be at at HOF safety level but we should be able to stop it when called upon.
  • TKL: 60.0+ > We need consistent tackling. 
  • Primarily played WCB - Ideally has split time at LCB and RCB (Sutton has mostly played LCB while Jacobs has mostly played RCB but they've each played around 70+ snaps on the opposite side vs 150+ on their respective side)

This isn't ordered in the way I've ranked them but more so how they're rated by PFF with current draft order in mind. (I'll update this post with the scores later).

TC = Team Captain

TAW = Thorpe Award Watchlist

• Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama (TAW) - 6'1, 195 lbs (84.7 OVR; 69.6 TKL; 76.5 RDEF; 83.3 COV)
  • He grades out decently overall. Main concern is that he's exclusively played LCB with over 1,000 snaps played there. Could he flip things over? Possibly but we haven't seen it. He'll also probably be selected much higher than the Lions closest pick. 

• Cooper DeJean, Iowa (TAW) - 6'1, 207 lbs (78.2 OVR; 71.2 TKL; 70.2 RDEF; 80.2 COV)
  • He's either played slot or LCB for about 98% of his snaps. He does offer up some versatility but the same question does arise as McKinstry. DeJean could be the super replacement for what Will Harris offers. This versatility could help but it also leaves us lacking a true outside corner outside of Sutton.

• Quinyon Mitchell, Toledo (TAW) - 6'0, 196 lbs (82.8 OVR; 81.3 TKL; 78.7 RDEF; 81.8 COV)

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/scouting-the-nation-2024-nfl-draft-top-midwest-cornerbacks#gid=ci02c2c5b88000256b&pid=cb-quinyon-mitchell-toledo

• TJ Tampa, Iowa State (TAW) - 6'2, 200 lbs (79.9 OVR; 74.7 TKL; 72.7 RDEF; 80.0 COV)

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/scouting-the-nation-2024-nfl-draft-top-midwest-cornerbacks#gid=ci02c2c5b88000256b&pid=cb-tj-tampa-iowa-state

• Dwight McGlothern, Arkansas - 6'2, 188 lbs (89.9 OVR; 77.6 TKL; 70.4 RDEF; 89.7 COV)

• Jaden Davis, Miami - 5'10, 182 lbs (83.8 OVR; 73.2 TKL; 84.4 RDEF; 81.4 COV)

Transfer from Oklahoma.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft-prospects-ten-early-season-risers-among-potential-senior-bowl-par

• Khyree Jackson, Oregon - 6'3, 195 lbs (81.5 OVR; 77.4 TKL; 70.9 RDEF; 81.3 COV)

Transfer from Alabama

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10091001-2024-nfl-draft-week-4-buzz-and-best-prospect-fits-for-leagues-worst-teams

• Isaiah Johnson, Syracuse (TC) - 6'3, 205 lbs (81.3 OVR; 82.8 TKL; 81.4 RDEF; 80.0 COV)

Previously played at Dartmouth; from Detroit. Known as a very hard hitting DB. Has the toolset to eventually play safety. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/syracuse-2023-nfl-draft-scouting-reports/

• Ennis Rakestraw, Missouri - 6'0, 188 lbs (76.6 OVR; 87.8 TKL; 87.9 RDEF; 73.2 COV)

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/espn-analyst-names-mizzou-defender-a-sleeper-to-watch-for-2024-nfl-draft/

All of these injuries make this need all the greater.