'THE SUPER EARLY, WHY ARE WE DOING THIS IT'S ONLY WEEK 4' MOCK

Karnage84

9 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Game Day! Apparently the Lions will be rocking the all whites today. This is probably the healthiest the team has been going into a game this season, let’s get everyone out of this game safe & healthy 🙏🏿

I've been trying to find a place for custom kids jerseys and it has been impossible over the last two years. I'm suspecting it's because the Lions do have new uni's coming out for 2024 and the emphasis is on stock that can be made, sold and shipped out as opposed to having a ton of blanks sitting around waiting to be ordered. 

The all white is a really nice look and would be a much better fit for the Lions alternate helmet (although, the blue over grey look has grown on me a bit after seeing the in-game photos vs the press release ones). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Game Day! Apparently the Lions will be rocking the all whites today. This is probably the healthiest the team has been going into a game this season, let’s get everyone out of this game safe & healthy 🙏🏿

Side note: the Bengals were able to petition the NFL to allow them to play with their white helmets and their regular white road jerseys. I don't see why the Lions couldn't have done the same thing with a white helmet (if they wanted to go that route) or pair the helmet with the white or blue jerseys. We already have a throwback alternate for Thanksgiving - I'm sure rules could have been bent. 

I remember that we had a colour rush jersey that we never used (I don't really want black to be in the Lions colour scheme but this is a much better look than our current alternates). 

color_rush.0.png

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Side note: the Bengals were able to petition the NFL to allow them to play with their white helmets and their regular white road jerseys. I don't see why the Lions couldn't have done the same thing with a white helmet (if they wanted to go that route) or pair the helmet with the white or blue jerseys. We already have a throwback alternate for Thanksgiving - I'm sure rules could have been bent. 

I remember that we had a colour rush jersey that we never used (I don't really want black to be in the Lions colour scheme but this is a much better look than our current alternates). 

color_rush.0.png

I loathe the black. Almost as much as the Pistons teal. 

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I don’t mind the grey. It’s not my favorite, but at least it’s close to the silver in the color scheme. The black is atrocious and brings back Millen era nightmares. 

If you ignore that, purely aesthetically, the black would look better than the current grey ones. However, I don't want black in our scheme. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Sllim Pickens Here's a mock using PFN's latest rankings. It's a bit broader as I am not noting down FA's, etc. so it's not in lock step with the 2024 projection project. Some of the work there does spill over (to some extent).

Trade pick #30 to Washington for #37 and 2025 3rd

#37 - JT Tuimoloau (6'4, 277 lbs), REO/DE, Ohio State: The Lions need desperate help on the edge opposite of Aidan Hutchinson. JTT fits the size mold of Josh Paschal. The Lions can't rely on Paschal and we need an upgrade over Cominsky. JTT can either add on a couple of pounds and truly replace Cominksy or drop a few and take over for Charles Harris' role. He has a 12.0% pressure rate and 1.6% sack rate. Cominsky is sitting at 10.5% (+1.5%) and 0.5% (+1.1% or 3x). He's able to put some pressure and get home. The downside is that JTT is not as strong in the run game but he's still pretty solid (68.5).

#62 - Landon Jackson (6'7, 281 lbs), DE/DT, Arkansas: Physically, Jackson is closer to Cominsky in terms of his build. Like the movie, Ghosts of Girlfriend's past, we're going back in time to 2022 when the Lions selected two defensive linemen (Hutchinson and Paschal) with their first two picks with shades of 2021 (Onzuwurike and McNeill later in the draft). Jackson is solid against the run (79.5) while also being strong at applying pressure (10.8%) and getting sacks (3.4%). 

(insert DJ Khaled gif here - anotha one)

#84 - T'Vondre Sweat (6'4, 346 lbs), NT, Texas: Alim McNeill desperately needs to be paired with someone that can command some attention and provide some pressure up the middle. Sweat grades out excellent against the run (90.8) while also offering up some extra value in the pass rush department (10.1% pressure rate). He does struggle at getting sacks (0.5%). This is still an upgrade as our current NTs who are at 7% pressure rate and 0.6%, 0% and 1.6% (Buggs but they aren't playing him) in sack percentage. I've seen Sweat listed at 346 and 362 lbs. If he can be in the 330's - 340's at the combine, then it would be a really good look for him and help his draft stock. 

#93 - Johnny Wilson (6'6, 237 lbs), WR/TE, Florida State: Wilson gives the Lions something that they don't have a lot of - size at the WR position. He reportedly runs a 4.50 along with several other solid athletic measurables. He's a solid run blocker (which is a big plus for what we want) and is also a deep ball threat. He's a big X wr, however the Lions can also play him as a big slot or even inline as a TE (at least on occasion). 

#158 - Beaux Limmer (6'5, 307 lbs), OC, Arkansas: The future of Frank Ragnow is up in the air. The Lions don't have an heir apparent on the roster at the moment. Graham Glasgow can slide in but he's also our starter at RG. We now have another former Razorback step in behind to eventually man the centre. 

#190 - Tyreek Chappell (5'11, 185 lbs), CB, Texas A&M: A feisty outside press/man style CB. He doesn't have elite size but he's in the same stream as what most of the Lions have on the roster/seem to be ok with. I suspect the Lions will address the secondary using FA and supplement it with the draft. 

#222 - Javon Foster, (6'5. 309 lbs), OG/OT, Missouri: The Lions can use some more OL help and have potential replacements for someone like Decker on the roster. Foster has been pretty decent on a pretty poor Mizzou team.