What trade value does Davante Adams have?

RaidersAreOne

The Raiders season is over. We are horrendous in every aspect yet Adams is still producing. He had a career year last season after going from Rodgers to Carr. He is still killing it with Jimmy G and AOC at the helm somehow.

He quite honestly deserves better and I don't think he will want to stick arround for a rebuild. Say he does request a trade, what value do you think the Raiders could get? He has 3 seasons left on his contract after this. He'll turn 31 this December. He is still WR 1 A/B and his game will age fine.

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Probably a second I would think maybe more/less depending on how much money Raiders would eat.

Nah, he gets at least a first. They just won't trade him for less. He's extremely affordable this year and next, no guarantees into 2025 so that is easily restructurable. You don't trade him for less than a first, especially when you're likely dealing with contenders. I'd be fighting for a first and a second, settle for a first and third or fourth maybe. 

The problem may be who is driving the market. Most of the contenders don't need him. Everyone can use him, but few need him out of the teams you would peg as the final 5 or so. 

May be better to move him in the offseason, I dunno

It depends on if we allow Zeigler and McDumbass to handle it. 

Knowing them, they'll renegotiate his deal to expire in February and sign a no-trade clause like they did with Carr. 

Otherwise, Jimmy will keep throwing suicide balls at him and he'll say screw the money and shut himself down and just refuse to play, at which point teams won't start the bidding particularly high because they know he'll wind up released anyway due to his cap numbers and nobody would blame him for going full self preservation mode. 

My gut says if we net anything, it's ultimately a 3rd. 

Edited by ronjon1990

A 1st. He’s a Top 3 WR this year and next year. Him, Jefferson, and Hill are all 1a 1b 1c in whatever order you want to put them in. He should be Top 3 next year as well, before he hits some slight regression in 2025. 

A Super Bowl contender will gladly pay a 1st. We gave up a 1st and 2nd, and would get a 1st back. 

• 3 weeks later...

More rumblings about Adams being frustrated, and rightfully so. He has 6 receptions in the past 2 weeks. He's rarely being targeted which is just criminal. We're .500 and 2nd in the AFCW, but we've barely beaten some of the worst teams in the league (May be 4-3 after a Fields-less Bears this weekend).

Do you see DA being traded? What's he worth at the deadline?

27 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

More rumblings about Adams being frustrated, and rightfully so. He has 6 receptions in the past 2 weeks. He's rarely being targeted which is just criminal. We're .500 and 2nd in the AFCW, but we've barely beaten some of the worst teams in the league (May be 4-3 after a Fields-less Bears this weekend).

He's still worth a first. That being said, who are the teams who would actually trade for him at that price?

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This seems like much more of an off season move because out of the real contenders, who needs him? 

There's KC, but lets be honest, that's probably not going to happen. I'd give the Raiders a lot of credit if they did do it, but if the Chiefs make a play for a receiver by the deadline, that feels like much more of a hopkins trade partner. 

Baltimore? I think it's safe to say that this conglomerate of receivers isn't really working. Would they make that sort of splash? They made the move for Roquan last year. 

After that I really don't see much as an option 

Ok i have given a quick glance at the playoff standings and I think if they have a winning record, a wild one would be Houston. They won't trade their first (the one from Cleveland) but I could see them offering a 2nd+. They have the cap space next year to absorb him. @ET80

Edited by General Tso
  • Like 1