GB's: and Jerry Straps: Belacheats Pats at Dallas

HDsportsfan

GB's: Daron Bland and the Defense. It was good to see the ball spread around to our WR's. At least in the first half.

Jerry Straps:

Our TE's (Except #84 for trailing the Turpin run and recovering the fumble. Still dropping balls and pre snap penalties.

I'm all for WR quick throws and screens, but come on McM, today was about 6 to many.

Overall though, obviously a good game.

Game Balls: Defense!! It is true lt carrying this team right now. Was last week just a fluke performance by them??

Jockstraps: The Red Zone inefficiency!!! 1 out of the last 9 trips into the Red Zone ending in a TD?? Pathetic!! They need to get this figured out by next week against San Fran who is averaging 31.25 points per game. 

GB.  Every one was on point…. Some a good team win.  Ferguson had a really good game for our TE’s

JS.   Crickets

HM.  Worried about giving up that huge pass play. Didn’t see what went wrong

red zone the early drop of the TD pass is a killer.  After we were up big like the Jets and Giants game I think we put a few things in the back pocket again to not show too much.  I know in one of those in side five plays I saw Dak fed it inside when he had the play option run with a blocker for an easy TD….  

Game balls: bland is an absolute ball hawk in that secondary. 
Ferguson: He was getting open all game and was giving dak that safety blanket to go to. Also he was making defenders really work to get him down. 
Dak: he was making some good throws, and generally good decisions with the ball. Also delivered some nice balls on plays where he knew he was gonna get lit up. Just wish he was better in the redzone…

jock straps: play calling and execution in the redzone. 

14 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Jerry Straps:

Our TE's (Except #84 for trailing the Turpin run and recovering the fumble. Still dropping balls and pre snap penalties.

Schoonmaker might be an all-time bad 2nd round pick for a team no stranger to busting in that round.

But Ferguson played quite well! A meaningless false start late in the game doesn’t outweigh the impact he had throughout. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Schoonmaker might be an all-time bad 2nd round pick for a team no stranger to busting in that round.

But Ferguson played quite well! A meaningless false start late in the game doesn’t outweigh the impact he had throughout. 

We shall see.   We should be encouraged that Schoomaker is getting reps and getting targets and seemingly getting open and running proper routes.  Those are the hard thing for rookie TE to figure.   In time we shall see how his hands really are but he is getting snaps and blocking well so that puts him above the curve of our second round busts

GB: Obviously everyone mentioned above. But I have to also mention Dak. He was efficient and protected the ball. He would have had another score too on a great throw if not for a drop by a rookie TE. That is the kind of play we need from Dak with a defense, special teams and ground game that are all this effective. Dak only needs to play at that "special" level when the situation calls for it, and with a team like this it should rarely call for it. And it's when the team needs him to be special game after game that we see him struggle.

Jock: How about the running back group? I know the OL wasn't blocking particularly well, but there were plays to be made that were sold short because of questionable vision or lack of pacing through the gap. This includes our beloved Pollard and my love obsession And Fantasy Deuce Vaughn.

1 hour ago, quiller said:

We shall see.   We should be encouraged that Schoomaker is getting reps and getting targets and seemingly getting open and running proper routes.  Those are the hard thing for rookie TE to figure.   In time we shall see how his hands really are but he is getting snaps and blocking well so that puts him above the curve of our second round busts

At least some of our other busts had theoretical upside. Schoonmaker is going to have to exceed expectations just to become a reliable TE2.