2023 Week # 5 Steelers Vs. Ravens GDT Thread

Steeler Hitman

Who Ya Got This Week?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Steelers Bounce Back Against the Ravens?

• Yes. They will somehow get it right and win a close one.
    • No. They have to many internal problems to beat a slid Ravens Team.
    • I Have no clue? This team is so up and down. who knows?

The Steelers are being outplayed. That said, I count at least two obvious holds that weren’t called (the Raven line is getting away with a lot), along with a pass interference that was ignored despite the fact that the LB arrived early with the hit.

Edited by rlon

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I hate the logic Austin said this offseason of we need to move Minkah to make it harder to find him. No put him in a position to be everywhere and force the opposing offense to avoid him.  Of course I know I've said this enough but I think how crappy our SS situation is forces this.

I wanted this team to bring back Kazee or go get a S like CJGJ because at the end of last year with a second roaming play maker they really put Minkah in places to make plays and not HAVE to always be the deep middle.

Kazee and Minkah would line up 2 high and do a variety of things because they both could. But this is just replacing Minkahs high safety with a worse guy in Kazee for the sake of putting Minkah in the slot where QBs can avoid him? How dumb are we?!

I like that no one knows exactly what he is doing. Robber, 2 high, quarters, deep half, etc…but we are just highlighting where he is for QBs and it makes absolutely no sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, rlon said:

Terrible coaching decision for Baltimore there…you kick the field goal. Especially against a team that can’t score touchdowns on offense.

I agree 💯%. This team "not built to come from behind." 😁 Seriously, 10 points and the Ravens moving the ball well would seem too much to overcome the way our offense is playing. We can't score TDs

6 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I wanted this team to bring back Kazee or go get a S like CJGJ because at the end of last year with a second roaming play maker they really put Minkah in places to make plays and not HAVE to always be the deep middle.

Kazee and Minkah would line up 2 high and do a variety of things because they both could. But this is just replacing Minkahs high safety with a worse guy in Kazee for the sake of putting Minkah in the slot where QBs can avoid him? How dumb are we?!

I like that no one knows exactly what he is doing. Robber, 2 high, quarters, deep half, etc…but we are just highlighting where he is for QBs and it makes absolutely no sense. 

Reportedly Justin Simmons is on the trade block.  Not that I would go for him because I think he would be too costly, but that's nice thought to have.  

I think the issue, you hit at here, instead in putting him in a different deep zone every play we're just making him easier to find and either avoid or with that, easier to win when attacking because you can catch him in the blender.

• Like 1