Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

NinerNation21

Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

The discourse with discussing Purdy is hilarious. Take Nick Wright for an example. He tried to use the CMC TD as an example to show the greatness of Shanny as if it was some special design or something lol. That play had nothing to do with Shanny. Purdy evaded the interior defender and froze the safety that was supposed to continue to go with CMC. They just lost CMC inexplicably but that was not a great play design or anything. 

Then after the Eagles game he tried to show the Purdy pass chart if that is what he's been doing all season.....Only for him to ignore the passing chart against the Seahawks lol. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The discourse with discussing Purdy is hilarious. Take Nick Wright for an example. He tried to use the CMC TD as an example to show the greatness of Shanny as if it was some special design or something lol. That play had nothing to do with Shanny. Purdy evaded the interior defender and froze the safety that was supposed to continue to go with CMC. They just lost CMC inexplicably but that was not a great play design or anything. 

Then after the Eagles game he tried to show the Purdy pass chart if that is what he's been doing all season.....Only for him to ignore the passing chart against the Seahawks lol. 

He did say it was a good play by Purdy but yeah, he did say that. I think people are going to come around on Purdy more, its just going to take time. And one byproduct of people wanting to not give credit to Brock is Kyle is getting some talk for coach of the year.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

WIth all of this Cherry P}icking, I am starting to understand why George Washington Chop]p]ed down the cherry Tree.

On 12/19/2023 at 5:03 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nobody includes attempts in their statistical comparisons.  Yesterday there was a group] of people on facebook talking about Jordan Love is close to Brock Purdy.  They added his rushing stats onto his passing stats, and did not show attempts.  I think they also went with the first 13 games.  The comment people eat that stuff up], but it also makes me wonder how much AI has ruined our comment sections. 

There was a guy today that said "imagine Lawrence on the 49ers."  Lawrence processes  slow, doesn't follow his feet, and has questionable accuracy.  He doesn't feel the pocket, and he is basically Jared Goff dressed like Spicoli from Dazed and Confused.

Purdy's ability to process the defense and get the ball out on time is as good as anyone.  On the JTO breakdown he talks about a vertical hot read on a blitz inverted cover 2.  He had to use the vertical hot route because the corner was sitting in the flat zone, which is a great play.  But, how did he even spot the zone?  What kind of bonkers task is that to give a dude.  I'm going to watch that one a few times today and try to figure out how he identified the coverage.  It's freakin unreal.

When Trevor Lawrence gets an unblocked linebacker coming off the edge, he eats a helmet sandwich before he can read whether center of the field is open or closed.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Matt Bowen for ESPN picked out who was the best player based on 101 traits for various positions. 

Had Purdy rated as the best in the league at touch/timing and the best pocket footwork 

Pocket footwork is something Purdy was not always great at last season. This is why I think him not being able to throw in the offseason kind of helped him as he must have spent a lot of time working on his footwork. 

For timing, I may go with Tua over him though. I think pocket presence and processing wise, Purdy is ahead of Tua but man the latter's timing is so elite.