Bears Legendary WR Chase Claypool Traded to Dolphins

Ty21

19 hours ago, Soko said:

I thought they already had a tall, skinny but fast, locker room cancer WR on the team?

I hope he didn't  change his name to chase claypool before the trade

13 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Watch the Bears be good enough to go 7-10 now and be stuck with Fields/Eberflus/Poles again for 2024 lol

something about the above comment is familiar, and has been for a while with the steelers 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 8:39 AM, Ozzy said:

My guess is he does quite well with that switch and plays a flex TE or big body WR in the slot for them with Waddle and Hill outside, or vice versa.  Kid has talent obviously, look what he did on Pittsburgh early in his career.  He might do just fine and was a great pickup for them especially if Hill or Waddle go down.  

They do not have great depth at TE so that could be in play no question but more as a slot flex off the line TE that is moved around.

Thats the whole problem with Claypool, he does not play big bodied at ALL. In fact he is a worse blocker than even the tiniest WR. And he doesnt fight for the ball either. Like, saying that he can play flex TE is like saying Brandin Cooks could play flex TE haha(and to be honest that might be an insult to Cooks)

I think one of the most underrated characteristics of a football player is physicality and he just plain has none of it. Just a tall athlete who could win college matchups

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

Thats the whole problem with Claypool, he does not play big bodied at ALL. In fact he is a worse blocker than even the tiniest WR. And he doesnt fight for the ball either. Like, saying that he can play flex TE is like saying Brandin Cooks could play flex TE haha(and to be honest that might be an insult to Cooks)

I think one of the most underrated characteristics of a football player is physicality and he just plain has none of it. Just a tall athlete who could win college matchups

Maybe but if he can only win college matchups how did he have 800 yard seasons two years in a row on Pittsburgh?  Possibly the injury hurt him after that athletically but he clearly can win "matchups" against NFL players and has done so before.