John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Pretty sure that the plan to tank called for a two-year tank.

Maybe not in year 1 but almost certainly in year 2.

So you're saying we should thank Hue for being such a bad coach???  Because clearly people believe that there is enough talent on the roster to compete if we had a good HC.  And if we ended up winning this year....even 4 games.....then we would be out of the running for a top QB.

16 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

And in year 1, he knew they would be bad enough to get one of the top QB's in the draft of year 3?  Just because you have assets, doesn't mean you will always have a trading partner.  If you are saying in year 1, he knew they would be picking 1 overall in year 3????  Then he is just as guilty for going Sam HInkie tank......

I don’t know if they knew how bad they were going to be, they knew they were going to be bad because of the youth and lack of vets. I was all for doing whatever it takes to get their QB even if it was considered too. You can tell they were building up for it because of the assets. They built up enough ammo that they wouldn’t have to trade future draft picks. It would of be perfectly fine with the browns traded the Houston first, swapping browns first and all the 2nd rd picks to get the best  QB. 

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

So you're saying we should thank Hue for being such a bad coach???  Because clearly people believe that there is enough talent on the roster to compete if we had a good HC.  And if we ended up winning this year....even 4 games.....then we would be out of the running for a top QB.

I think Sashi knew that Cueball was a bad coach and probably wouldn't lead the team to more than 2-3 wins, 4 at most.

And I don't think 4 wins would put us out of position to get a top QB.

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen and Jackson all could go in the top ten.

My biggest fear of Dorsey is he’s going to spend the crap out of our cap money like he did in KC. (I think if I’m remembering right). I know some of you guys will love that. Yeah it’s not my money, right? Hopefully he spends right and get this thing on a picksburg level of sustainability. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

My biggest fear of Dorsey is he’s going to spend the crap out of our cap money like he did in KC. (I think if I’m remembering right). I know some of you guys will love that. Yeah it’s not my money, right? Hopefully he spends right and get this thing on a picksburg level of sustainability. 

Jeremy Maclin was a big contract from the outside but who else? I am not saying you are wrong but I don't remember him handing out any huge contracts.

10 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Jeremy Maclin was a big contract from the outside but who else? I am not saying you are wrong but I don't remember him handing out any huge contracts.

He also signed Mitchell Schwartz. Though I can't remember for how much. But that move has certainly panned out for them.

10 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Like I said, if I’m remembering right. Didn’t kc fans hate all he spent his first year?

Yeah I’m lazy and don’t want to do the research. Sue me

Completely off topic. Typed that on my iPad. There has to be research done on complexity of sentences. I swear it takes me longer to type certain sentences than others. Potential money maker here for the intelligent ?

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He also signed Mitchell Schwartz. Though I can't remember for how much. But that move has certainly panned out for them.

Yes, forgot about that one and no it did not certainly pan out for them. I hate that narrative that we let this stud go because the reality of the situation is Mitchell Schwartz is still very average. I have watched him specifically when KC has been on and I see a JAG. When things were going wrong on the line it was typically him. He doesn't get push in the run game and he is hit or miss in pass protection. The difference between him and Shon Coleman is marginal yet many Browns fans act like Schwartz is an all pro "The Nerds" botched resigning and act like Shon Coleman is a bust.

1 minute ago, Dogbite said:

Yes, forgot about that one and no it did not certainly pan out for them. I hate that narrative that we let this stud go because the reality of the situation is Mitchell Schwartz is still very average. I have watched him specifically when KC has been on and I see a JAG. When things were going wrong on the line it was typically him. He doesn't get push in the run game and he is hit or miss in pass protection. The difference between him and Shon Coleman is marginal yet many Browns fans act like Schwartz is an all pro "The Nerds" botched resigning and act like Shon Coleman is a bust.

So much wrong here. Schwartz is well above average. He was in Cleveland and he has been in KC. He actually got a lot of crap while he was here. And who says Coleman is a bust? I'm cool with Schwartz leaving since Coleman has proven to be a solid starter thus far.

9 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Completely off topic. Typed that on my iPad. There has to be research done on complexity of sentences. I swear it takes me longer to type certain sentences than others. Potential money maker here for the intelligent

Syntax is everything!

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

So much wrong here. Schwartz is well above average. He was in Cleveland and he has been in KC. He actually got a lot of crap while he was here. And who says Coleman is a bust? I'm cool with Schwartz leaving since Coleman has proven to be a solid starter thus far.

Coleman has been solid.

And if he stays healthy he only will get better.

Archived