3-63 Travis Kelce        
3-96 Kniles Davis        4 years 2 starts 250-800-11
4-99 Nico Johnson        6 Games 1 Start 7 tackles
5-134 Sanders Cummings        2 Game 1 Tackle
6-170 Eric Kush            3 Games 1 Start
6-204 Braden Wilson        0 career apperences
7-207 Mike Catapano        1 year 1 sack

Traded for Alex Smith        Good trade if your okay with average
Signed Sean Smith 3/18        Great signing worked out.

Signed Dunta Robinson 3/15    8 games 2 starts
Signed Anthony Fasano 4/16    24 games 22 starts in 2 years
Signed Chase Daniels 3/10    3 yeas 2 starts 1 TD
Signed Mike Devito 3/12.6    3 years 19 starts 3 sacks
Signed Donnie Avery 3/11    22 games 55 receptions in 2 years
Signed Geoff Schwartz        1 years 7 starts
Signed Ryan DImperio        0 apperences

1-23 Dee Ford            17 sacks in 4 years are numbers you'd expect from 2-3 round picks. Ogbah is on pace for 19 and tending upward instead of downward like Dee and 95% of Browns fans are calling for his replacement already. Ford is also terrible in run defense white Ogbah is fantastic.
3-87 Phillip Gaines        4 years 15 starts 1 INT
4-124 De'Anthony Thomas        4 years 5 starts 3 TDs
5-163 Aarron Murray        0 career apperances
6-193 Zach Fulton        4 years 43 starts
6-200 Laurent Duvernay-Tardif    4 years 35 stats

Signed Vance Walker 3/15    1 year 2 starts 2 sacks
Signed Joe Mays 2/6        1 year 3 starts 20 tackles

1-18 Marcus Peters        
2-49 Mitch Morse        JAG
3-76 Chris Conley        Replacement Level
3-98 Steven Nelson        Replacement Level
4-118 Ramik Wilson        Replacement Level
5-172 DJ Alexander        2 years 25 tackles
5-173 James O'Shaughnessy    2 years 8 catches traded with #216 for #183 on draft day
6-217 Rakeem Nunez-Roches    Replacement Level
7-233 DaRon Brown        0 appereances

Traded 5th for Ben Grubbs Age 31 (Played 7 games and released after signing 4/24)
Signed Josh Mauga 3/8
Signed Jeremy Maclin 5/55 not exactly the contract I'd like my GM handing out to a guy who goes for 87/1088 and 44/536 in 2 years.

Overall I am less than impressed with this guy. Kelce and Peters picks were about his only 2 really nailed it picks. Eric Fisher was crap his first 3 years in the league and even now the last 2 years he is far from a world beater. The entirety of the Kansas City offensive line is greatly overrated and a lot of Alex Smith "Captain Checkdown" style has to do with the offensive line not holding up far too often. If they had a revolving door of young QBs like Cleveland always does the Oline would have been exposed much more than it is with a good decision maker like Alex back there. The free agent signings have been a disaster. Sean Smith was a good get for 6 mil a year for the time he was there but the rest never even came close to earning their contract.

If is way to early to give opinions on the 2016-2017 off seasons but there are already 4 players who never even made the 53 man roster and not making appearances with other teams one of which was a 3rd round pick who didn't even make it to final cuts.

Color me very unimpressed especially if the guy gets us into cap trouble and we have to see all the talent added the last 2 years just walk out in free agency when it comes that time.

As Bart said about Krusty’s autobiography, this post is self-serving and full of glaring omissions. I do believe you failed to mention the fact that Dorsey signed a guy by the name of Mitchell Schwartz after a guy named Sashi Brown let him go. 

Ultimately, all of this is doomed to fail because of one simple reason:

Hue reports directly to Haslem.

Dorsey reports directly to Haslem.

DePo reports directly to Haslem.

There's no semblance of structure or hierarchy within the football leadership, and there will be miscommunication, disagreement, and innately Jimmy will take ONE side or 2 out of 3 sides, and there will be at least 1 odd man out.

There should be THIS structure:

Haslem

Optional: CEO/President who reports to Haslem

GM and VP who report to CEO/President

Head Coach who reports to GM

1 hour ago, Dogbite said:

I feel like no one really pays any real attention to the Chiefs. There is a reason they have just 1 playoff win in 4 years it it was against TJ Yates if I remember the QB correctly(either way it was because they got to face a terrible QB), and that reason is not Alex Smith like so many will lead you to believe. There roster is simply not good enough. They have so many overrated players on that team. They have lucked into soft schedules and don't really show up when the competition gets tough.

Just go ask the Chiefs fans how they feel about Dee Ford. He is highly inconsistent and pretty bad in run sport. 

Not disputing the deal about Ford, just was pointing out a few factors for him not playing as much, and as far as the Alex Smith thing, by no means am I painting him as Tom Brady, but he would by far be the best QB we've had since our return, and even still I view him as an Andy Dalton type of guy. We are in no position to scoff at a guy who could help stabilize our offense and sustain drives, to heck with what he does in the playoffs, we aren't even in that position yet, just get "A" win.

20 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

You all can have all the opinions you want but the Browns made the wrong choice. Fired the wrong guy and then hired an overrated guy to replace him.

To be honest, I deep down kinda feel that but I'm all in with Dorsey, its up to him to prove us wrong. I mean he has to be Ray Farmer bad to fail with what he's been given.

And to be honest, he had to take the fall for passing on Wentz and Watson, and I would like to see that Chiefs chart matched up against Sashi's chart

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Luck is a good comp.

He's decisive, both with the ball and when he decides to run. Underrated athlete too.

I’m not quite ready to label him can’t miss, but he’s pretty close. Believe it or not (fair or not) one thing I do have against him is he played at USC. 

Nice video of him. Tho not quite nailing clay pigeons good:

2 hours ago, Dogbite said:

That was 2016 and Schwartz is a JAG.

It sure was. And Dorsey was fired in, oh I don’t know? 2017?  And just another guy we’ve used how many draft picks trying to replace him with?  Do you check any information before you post?  I’ll bet you’re a funny guy, cause your posts are cracking me up. 

You all can have all the opinions you want but the Browns made the wrong choice. Fired the wrong guy and then hired an overrated guy to replace him.

I do have an opinion, and I just stated it. I think your posts are funny. So, let me ask you to explain something. In 2012, the Chiefs were 2-14. In 2013, according to you, they hired an overrated guy, John Dorsey, as GM. With that overrated GM, a roster that is lacking in talent (again, according to you), and an overall overrated team (once more according to you), can you please explain how that overrated bunch of no-talents was able to then go 11-5 in Mr. Overrated GMs first year.  Oh, and proceed to make the play-offs in three of his four years as GM?  Oh, and the year they didn’t make the play-offs they went 9-7.  I will wait for your well thought out response because if we were to just take your posts at face value, we’d all think the Chiefs wouldn’t be able to win an intra-squad scrimmage with Dorsey as GM.  Oh, and that’s not opinion. Those are facts. Please feel free to use some accurate facts in your response, if you don’t mind.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. They will clean house, sashi was just the first head to roll. 

If they fired Hue it would of caused complete chaos in the locker room. Who replaces him as HC and who becomes the OC? It’s better to keep hue til the end of the season. Better yet you make him show his worth to the new GM because he can still fire hue or get him fired. 

I don’t know if he is overrated. He is exactly what the browns needed. Not like we over valued him. He was going to interview with the giants and rumors were that they wanted him as bad as the browns. 

20 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Yes.... Sashi was only the first head to roll.  I am convinced that Hue will follow.

Our owner is a complete liar, and the fact that he gave his endorsement to Hue is actually the kiss of death.

If Hue goes, he goes. I’m don’t feel strongly one way or the other about it. If a change is needed, then so be it. But it’s not like he’s 1-28 coaching the 1972 Miami Dolphins, and even though there could be legitimate reasons to fire him, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt, based on what he’s had to work with.  However, I have heard that Dorsey has a highly regarded coaching candidate he is ready to bring in. So, we shall see. I hope the first thing he does on January 1 is to tell Chris Tabor to clean out his desk and get the f* out. That move alone would make us immediately better. I’m convinced of it. 

4 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

If Hue goes, he goes. I’m don’t feel strongly one way or the other about it. If a change is needed, then so be it. But it’s not like he’s 1-28 coaching the 1972 Miami Dolphins, and even though there could be legitimate reasons to fire him, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt, based on what he’s had to work with.  However, I have heard that Dorsey has a highly regarded coaching candidate he is ready to bring in. So, we shall see. I hope the first thing he does on January 1 is to tell Chris Tabor to clean out his desk and get the f* out. That move alone would make us immediately better. I’m convinced of it. 

Okay, please know I am not praising Tabor when I say this, but you do realize that Special Teams consists of the backups, right? Well, we're a team that is starting a majority of players who would be backups on most other teams, meaning our special teams unit is compiled from the backups of backups. You look at the botched plays from last week - the fake punt, and the long return - Hillary should have stopped that fake punt. On the return, Davis was surrounded by defenders who did not make a play. Why should Tabor be held accountable for his NFL players not being able to tackle properly? I think it's more on the personnel.

14 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Its not like hes 1-28 coaching the 1972 dolphins no....

But he is 1-28 coaching an NFL football team.

That's the worst stretch of terrible in the history of the league....

There is no excuse for that...not even the talent level, because they are still NFL players....

35 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Okay, please know I am not praising Tabor when I say this, but you do realize that Special Teams consists of the backups, right? Well, we're a team that is starting a majority of players who would be backups on most other teams, meaning our special teams unit is compiled from the backups of backups. You look at the botched plays from last week - the fake punt, and the long return - Hillary should have stopped that fake punt. On the return, Davis was surrounded by defenders who did not make a play. Why should Tabor be held accountable for his NFL players not being able to tackle properly? I think it's more on the personnel.

Which has been my point all along in this discussion. However, football is a game with three phases. Offense, defense, and special teams. It is a complimentary games, and all phases need to contribute. If the backups to the backups can’t get it done, then keep your starters out there. That’s what they used to do in the NFL before it got softened down by the Players Association.  And as CBrownsman said, they’re still NFL players. And if you heard Jerod Cherry on the postgame, he said if you’re not selling out on Special Teams, Dorsey’s watching, taking notes and saying, “l’m cutting this guy, and this guy...”. Tabor’s units have underperformed since the day he got here, not just this year.  But let’s see, blocked punt on opening day, failed fake punt, missed field goals, allowing large returns, failure to stop fake punt. And that’s just in 13 games!  They have not made one single impactful play to help win a game this year. In fact, it’s the opposite. In fact, I’m getting mad thinking about it just writing this!  Gotta stop. 

Archived