Week 5 vs Eagles

LeotheLion

Great opportunity to get to 3-2. Eagles secondary has been having issues. If the OL can hold up, should be a nice day for the offense. 

I'm hoping the defense can keep up the tough outings. Very tough test for them today. I'm not expecting a win but I do think this game is a lot more winnable than it was a few weeks ago. 

The Rams have played well overall in this game. The Eagles offense will not be stopped but I think the Rams have done a nice job slowing them down aside the 1st drive scripted plays and the last drive that was hurt due to penalties and a great catch by Brown. Not many receivers make that play so honestly you just have to live with it same way the Eagles have to live with the throw and catch from Stafford to Puka for the TD.

If the Rams play like they did in the 1st half in the 2nd half they will give themselves a chance to win in the end. The OL is giving Stafford great time and what can I say about Kupp that hasnt already been said. Best receiver in the NFL come back and hasnt missed a beat. Puka compliments Kupp well and Tutu made a few plays. The running game isnt going to be great but as long as the Rams stick to it Kyren will be decent enough to keep the Rams in manageable downs and distances. 

I want to see the Rams come out in the 2nd half and get some points. And then on defense just continue to make things hard for the Eagles. Hurts has to run around to make plays. Make him continue to just be patient in hopes that he will make a mistake bc while he is a better passer than he was years ago he still isnt someone that will carve a defense up continuously. The Rams need to force a takeaway too.  

Im not disappointed bc for one I expected the Rams to lose this game. I said before the season started the Rams would start (2-3) losing to the Bengals, Niners, and Eagles. The Rams competed and showed what they can do even when things werent great. Two big moments I thought decided the game was right before the half the Rams gave up a TD. Similar to how the 1st half ended against the Niners. And then the miss throw to Tutu who had a TD. Stafford has to make that. You cant do anything about Brown making that one handed catch to help the Eagles get in position to score that TD right before the half. 

Then I thought Stafford and Kupp looked off in the 2nd half. Could be bc Kupp condition wasnt good being this was his first live game back. That will get better. Im encouraged. I feel even more great about this team going (8-4) the rest of the way to get to 10 wins. 

• Like 1

Too many mistakes in this one to beat a better team. But I liked the fight our guys showed. That said, I wish we had a better option than Kendrick. He is just too erratic of a player and makes dumb mistakes at the worst times. It was great to see Kupp back. If some of the young guys start to mature and our OL can stay healthy, we may just be a playoff team. Stafford will need to be at this best. But we have the weapons, and the defense is competent enough to help us win if the offense performs. We'd benefit a lot from an explosive HB to pair with Kyren and a better pass rusher opposite Byron Young. I wouldn't go out and give up a premium pick at the trade deadline, but some guys I'd inquire about are:

HB
Antonio Gibson - Washington
Cordarrelle Patterson - Falcons
D'Onta Foreman - Bears
Jeff Wilson or Raheem Mostert - Miami
Elijah Mitchell - 49ers

Pass Rusher
Carl Lawson - Jets
Markus Golden - Steelers
Preston Smith - Green Bay
Yannick Ngakoue - Chicago

I think all should be relatively cheap in terms of compensation. Although, we'll need to offer a premium so the other team will eat cap. 

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Too many mistakes in this one to beat a better team. But I liked the fight our guys showed. That said, I wish we had a better option than Kendrick. He is just too erratic of a player and makes dumb mistakes at the worst times. It was great to see Kupp back. If some of the young guys start to mature and our OL can stay healthy, we may just be a playoff team. Stafford will need to be at this best. But we have the weapons, and the defense is competent enough to help us win if the offense performs. We'd benefit a lot from an explosive HB to pair with Kyren and a better pass rusher opposite Byron Young. I wouldn't go out and give up a premium pick at the trade deadline, but some guys I'd inquire about are:

HB
Antonio Gibson - Washington
Cordarrelle Patterson - Falcons
D'Onta Foreman - Bears
Jeff Wilson or Raheem Mostert - Miami
Elijah Mitchell - 49ers

Pass Rusher
Carl Lawson - Jets
Markus Golden - Steelers
Preston Smith - Green Bay
Yannick Ngakoue - Chicago

I think all should be relatively cheap in terms of compensation. Although, we'll need to offer a premium so the other team will eat cap. 

Do you think the Rams will make a move at the trade deadline if they are over .500 and its looking like they can make the playoffs? I heard the Broncos are open to trading players. Patrick Surtain would look nice on the Rams. If not him do you think the Rams will try to go after Burns again since the Panthers dont have a 1st round pick, winless, and havent signed him to a long term deal?

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Do you think the Rams will make a move at the trade deadline if they are over .500 and its looking like they can make the playoffs? I heard the Broncos are open to trading players. Patrick Surtain would look nice on the Rams. If not him do you think the Rams will try to go after Burns again since the Panthers dont have a 1st round pick, winless, and havent signed him to a long term deal?

The Broncos aren't trading one of their top young players. And hell no to giving up a first round pick for Burns. Do not trade a premium pick. We're not a Super Bowl caliber team this year. Shop in the bargain bin, continue to plan for next year to be the big push, and leave open the possibility that we catch lightning in a bottle despite our flaws.

Edited by jrry32

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Broncos aren't trading one of their top young players. And hell no to giving up a first round pick for Burns. Do not trade a premium pick. We're not a Super Bowl caliber team this year. Shop in the bargain bin, continue to plan for next year to be the big push, and leave open the possibility that we catch lightning in a bottle despite our flaws.

We arent a Superbowl team this year but next year we could be. Remember in 2019 the Rams traded for Ramsey? In 2019 the Rams were a (9-7) team that missed the playoffs. But in 2020 they made the playoffs and won a playoff game. So what if the Rams go get Burns, even if they barely miss the playoffs but go into the offseason get another piece or two, hit more players in the draft then go into the 2024 season and make a playoff run? Thats what Im thinking. 

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

We arent a Superbowl team this year but next year we could be. Remember in 2019 the Rams traded for Ramsey? In 2019 the Rams were a (9-7) team that missed the playoffs. But in 2020 they made the playoffs and won a playoff game. So what if the Rams go get Burns, even if they barely miss the playoffs but go into the offseason get another piece or two, hit more players in the draft then go into the 2024 season and make a playoff run? Thats what Im thinking. 

We need to start filling the roster with young, cost-controlled players. Burns is going to get a big contract. It's not a good idea to trade a first for him. There are a lot of talented pass rushers hitting FA this off-season. We'll have money to spend. Some will get franchised. Some won't. If we're considering that sort of trade, I'd rather trade a lesser pick for Chase Young if Washington continues to fade. They likely won't be able to keep him and Sweat, so I imagine they'll look to get something for him if they're dropping from contention.

• Like 1

I agree. Its truly going to be fascinating to see what the Rams do. I know they can see this team being better than they even thought. They have to know this team this season is looking more like a wildcard playoff team than a meh MAYBE type of playoff team. The schedule looks very nice. The Cards twice, the Seahawks once (we already beat them), the Packers, Steelers, Giants and Commanders are all meh. Even the Saints can be beaten bc they come to LA and I cant tell you the last time the Saints beat the Rams on the road. So like the only games I can say the Rams will for sure lose is the Niners, Cowboys, and Ravens on the road. But the fact that we are competitive no matter who we play should definitely factor into this season.

So again definitely going to be fascinating to see what happens. I wouldnt mind Young but I agree in FA there will be players the Rams can look at without giving away any picks. 

13 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Im not disappointed bc for one I expected the Rams to lose this game. I said before the season started the Rams would start (2-3) losing to the Bengals, Niners, and Eagles. The Rams competed and showed what they can do even when things werent great. Two big moments I thought decided the game was right before the half the Rams gave up a TD. Similar to how the 1st half ended against the Niners. And then the miss throw to Tutu who had a TD. Stafford has to make that. You cant do anything about Brown making that one handed catch to help the Eagles get in position to score that TD right before the half. 

Then I thought Stafford and Kupp looked off in the 2nd half. Could be bc Kupp condition wasnt good being this was his first live game back. That will get better. Im encouraged. I feel even more great about this team going (8-4) the rest of the way to get to 10 wins. 

The offense just falters every 2nd half. Have seen that happen four times in five games. That needs to get corrected if this team is going to make a true run at one of the WC spots. Have to beat the Seahawks next meeting and sweep the Cardinals. Definitely a possibility. 

• Like 2