We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

Alt and Olu are gone, what do you do instead? 

Pray to god someone wants to move up the board for one of those EDGEs.  I'm not sure Latham is going to be on our board if he can't keep his weight in check.  It'll make @Packerraymond happy, but if they move back for a future FRP and grab Taliese Fuaga or Cooper DeJean in that 18-24 range.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

We're not making the playoffs.  But I admire the reverse jinx attempt.

We're the youngest team in the league. Being bad enough to tank means this whole thing is a mess, like it was for those 4 games.

Rallying to go 8-9 or 9-8 means your young talent got going and playing better. 

The best case scenario for this team is not that we suck and get a top 3 pick, that probably means your QB failed, your HC failed with him and your GM failed with the roster. That's the worst case scenario.

He's entirely wrong. He wants to blow it up. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're the youngest team in the league. Being bad enough to tank means this whole thing is a mess, like it was for those 4 games.

Rallying to go 8-9 or 9-8 means your young talent got going and playing better. 

The best case scenario for this team is not that we suck and get a top 3 pick, that probably means your QB failed, your HC failed with him and your GM failed with the roster. That's the worst case scenario.

He's entirely wrong. He wants to blow it up. 

We're 3-5 with wins over Justin Fields, James Winston, and Brett Rypien.  We're not a good football team.  We're not an awful football team, but we're not a good football team.  I'd put quite a bit of money we're going to be picking in that 6-9 range this year.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

We're 3-5 with wins over Justin Fields, Desmond Ridder, and Brett Rypien.  We're not a good football team.  We're not an awful football team, but we're not a good football team.  I'd put quite a bit of money we're going to be picking in that 6-9 range this year.

If we're losing to Tampa, Chicago and Carolina late in the year, it's time to blow it up.

We should win those 3 games and we should take a game from Pitt, LA or Minny that we're not favored in.

7 wins at worst, think maybe 9th is best case scenario.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If we're losing to Tampa, Chicago and Carolina late in the year, it's time to blow it up.

We should win those 3 games and we should take a game from Pitt, LA or Minny that we're not favored in.

Tampa Bay isn't a good team, but that's a veteran roster.  They're decent on 3rd down, good on defense, and have a great TO differential.  They're better than you care to give them credit for.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Tampa Bay isn't a good team, but that's a veteran roster.  They're decent on 3rd down, good on defense, and have a great TO differential.  They're better than you care to give them credit for.

It's in GB, in December, that team isn't going anywhere and will have minimal interest in playing a cold weather game with no meaning. 

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That’s where I see us landing. Upset the Jets didn’t crash but that defense is too good and they’ve squeaked out some close ones. That pick probably lands 50+. So we might get 9, 41 and 50 which is still real capital, just not top of each round. It really matters what Love, the young pass catchers look like by the end of the year. That and what can be salvaged from the OLine will make or break next year. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

Beat the worst QB in the NFL and suddenly we’ve got a promising team.

Fail to mention Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams with Bakhtiari and when our OL was playing elite football with Aaron Jones having three straight fantastic seasons and we couldn’t get to a Super Bowl.

There are serious organizational issues with this team. From leadership to mentality and attitude, we’ve got a bunch of mental midgets.

Aiden ****ing McConnell just started 9/10 for 135 yards. That’s 13.5 yards per attempt. Jordan Love hasn’t had a first half over 65% and over 7 YPA. That’s with Antonio Pierce, a linebacker, at head coach.

And I’m supposed to have faith in LaFleur?

Give me a break.