Week 6: San Francisco 49ers at Cleveland Browns

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I have to hear about the injuries first. I think CMC is a trickier thing because that appears to be a muscle issue, which means we may not have a clear answer until much closer to the game. I do expect Deebo to go, but I expect Trent to sit. 

With CMC banged up they have to figure out which RB gets the touches the most. I would like to have still have Jeff Wilson Jr b/c we know he can be useful if they give him touches in spot duty.

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Going to reiterate that I hate playing bad weather games lol 

Those games just aren't going to give you representative data points. Hopefully we can get relatively clean playoff game situations so that the better team is more likely to win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Those games just aren't going to give you representative data points. Hopefully we can get relatively clean playoff game situations so that the better team is more likely to win.

Playing in SF or a dome like Deroit/Dallas will definitely help mitigate the weather 

Playing in Philly in January will definitely be tough. Eagles have looked just OK all year though & have a tough schedule coming up. Think they could track for the #3 seed

Lions look legit and really only have 2 more tough games - Ravens & Cowboys. Maybe drop a surprise game here or there but i thnk they end up 13-4 at worst

Looking at our schedule i think we end up 13-4 as well, losing to the Bengals, Seahawks & Ravens. 

So if we're both 13-4 and we have 3 AFC losses as i predict, we'd get the #1 seed as tiebreaker due to out of conference losses. But lets see how it plays out

I do think the NFCCG will be 49ers-Lions either way

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Joe and Steve had these type of games at Candlestick sometimes. On some days, especially nasty days weather-wise, the slug just won't come out the chamber how one would prefer.

Bad game in terrible weather. It's that simple. Glock has had enough games where this is clearly the outlier. If he plays long enough he'll have more games like these, even sometimes in a dome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

That's why I say any place but Philly.

If you look at all the probable playoff teams with potential for homefield throughout, none of those home fields has the potential to circumvent Brock's game like Philly in the winter.

Maybe Seattle but I just don't see us losing homefield to them at this juncture.

Give me Ford Field.

Give me AT&T Stadium

I like our chances in any of those venues.

But Lincoln Financial with some ugly winter weather is our worst nightmare, imo.

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Guess Gumbo has experience on his side still. Both Mitchell, and Mason could run buckwild on the Vikings, so that's a plus. 

I would make that an almost 50/50 split, to be honest. 

• Like 1

PFF take via 49ers Webzone:

The San Francisco 49ers dropped their record to 5-1 after a 19-17 loss against the Cleveland Browns in Week 6. Today, Pro Football Focus released its grades from the game. Which Niners played well, and who has more work to do?

Below are Pro Football Focus' five highest-graded 49ers players on offense against the Browns.

Charlie Woerner, TE, 73.3, 5 snaps
Jauan Jennings, WR, 71.0, 33 snaps
Brandon Aiyuk, WR, 69.8, 61 snaps
Jordan Mason, RB, 68.9, 15 snaps
Christian McCaffrey, RB, 68.2, 36 snaps

Below are the five highest-graded 49ers players on defense.

Fred Warner, LB, 81.1, 76 snaps
Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, LB, 75.3, 19 snaps
Clelin Ferrell, DE, 74.1, 36 snaps
Deommodore Lenoir, CB, 73.2, 72 snaps
Nick Bosa, DE, 73.1, 68 snaps

Below are the three lowest-graded 49ers players on offense.

Brock Purdy, QB, 45.4, 62 snaps
Aaron Banks, LG, 49.0, 62 snaps
Trent Williams, LT, 50.6, 60 snaps

Below are the three lowest-graded 49ers players on defense.

Oren Burks, LB, 41.9, 76 snaps
Drake Jackson, DE, 42.0, 22 snaps
Tashaun Gipson Sr., FS, 50.3, 76 snaps

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/173294-highest-lowest-graded-players-browns-counts/

16 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Guess Gumbo has experience on his side still. Both Mitchell, and Mason could run buckwild on the Vikings, so that's a plus. 

I don't expect that will last long.  Mason is running with more power and breaking more tackles than Mitchell.

Edited by Swift21
  • Like 1