Week 6: Carolina Panthers (0-5) @ Miami Dolphins (4-1)

TheKillerNacho

Week 6: CAR @ MIA  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Bryce Young
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Alec Ingold
    • Miles Sanders
    • Chuba Hubbard
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Braxton Berrios
    • Chase Claypool
    • Adam Thielen
    • D.J. Chark
    • Jonathan Mingo
    • Durham Smythe
    • Hayden Hurst
    • Jason Sanders
    • Eddy Pineiro
    • Dolphins DST
    • Panthers DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2023 at 05:00 PM

maxresdefault.jpg

I have a bad feeling we're going to give Bryce Young by far his best career game so far, but even if that occurs this shouldn't be close. With games at the Eagles and Chiefs coming up within the next three weeks, we need to make sure we can secure the win here to avoid getting put in a dire situation.

My prediction?

Carolina 23
Miami 36

Fins up!!

On 10/10/2023 at 12:02 PM, Phinsesq said:

We won ugly last week with the turnovers, I think we clean it up this week. Losing Armstead and A’chane hurts but there is talent and speed all over this offense.  

Miami 34

Carolina 13

Looks like we will be without Conner Williams at Center too.  I'm not looking forward to watching Eichenberg get rag dolled and put on roller skates all game by Big Daddy Derrick Brown.

I don't want Derrick Brown anywhere near Moster or Tua.  Check out what he does at the 53 second mark of the attached video.

Edited by Swampbilly

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

Thielen is legit.  He is having a fantastic season with a rookie QB.  Also, Apple is pretty bad LOL.

Yeah i didn’t realize he had been rejuvenated since coming over to Carolina, but anyways i can’t see how Cam Smith could be worse than Apple. Feels like its mostly Fangio being stubborn here, at least try the kid out and see what he’s got against Carolina. 

• Like 1

While watching this game I realized I haven’t heard his name in a negative way in a bit… is it possible that Austin Jackson isn’t terrible?….

Lot of good teams were caught or nearly caught slip’n(Philly, SF, Buffalo). It looked like we were in that trap in the 1st Quarter, but then turned it on. This season will come down to which team can win the injury avoidance lottery. At full strength, Miami has shown they are good enough to compete with anyone.   

1 hour ago, Phinsesq said:

While watching this game I realized I haven’t heard his name in a negative way in a bit… is it possible that Austin Jackson isn’t terrible?….

Lot of good teams were caught or nearly caught slip’n(Philly, SF, Buffalo). It looked like we were in that trap in the 1st Quarter, but then turned it on. This season will come down to which team can win the injury avoidance lottery. At full strength, Miami has shown they are good enough to compete with anyone.   

Jackson has improved a bit it seems but he's still not ideal even as a RT lol

4 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Tua has stayed so clean this season. I think all the movement and speed keeps the defense cautious and they can't rush in with reckless abandon. 

It seems that McDaniel has schemed for Tua to make pre snap determinations and trust his receivers.  The Bills and Giants Defenses did good jobs of mixing their coverages and making it more difficult for Tua to make sound pre snap determinations.  Both teams not so coincidentally have fantastic Middle / Inside LB's.  Apart from those two games Tua has been slinging the ball in record time.

I give props to Mc D for recognizing that his starting QB just cannot get hit this season, and to Tua for being willing to change his rhythm and timing.

6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Jackson has improved a bit it seems but he's still not ideal even as a RT lol

It's going to be an interesting off season to see which starting OLinemen come back for next season.  We have 4 2024 unrestricted Free Agents currently starting on the OLine (Wynn, Williams, Hunt, and Jackson).  I think Williams and Hunt should be viewed as must haves, but with Cap space being an issue I wouldn't be shocked to see them play elsewhere after this season.  Wynn and Jackson could be value bargains.  Either way I don't think we have the Cap to bring back all 4 next year.  Additionally I see Wilkins as a goner for sure and probably Baker and Raekwon Davis too, while Ogbah should be cut after the season.

Edited by Swampbilly

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

It's going to be an interesting off season to see which starting OLinemen come back for next season.  We have 4 2024 unrestricted Free Agents currently starting on the OLine (Wynn, Williams, Hunt, and Jackson).  I think Williams and Hunt should be viewed as must haves, but with Cap space being an issue I wouldn't be shocked to see them play elsewhere after this season.  Wynn and Jackson could be value bargains.  Either way I don't think we have the Cap to bring back all 4 next year.  Additionally I see Wilkins as a goner for sure and probably Baker and Raekwon Davis too, while Ogbah should be cut after the season.

Wynn has proven to be decent and I'd like to retain Hunt but the only OL I'd say is imperative to retain is Williams.

Jackson can take a hike

On 10/16/2023 at 9:42 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Wynn has proven to be decent and I'd like to retain Hunt but the only OL I'd say is imperative to retain is Williams.

Jackson can take a hike

Jackson will never live up to his draft status, but if the price is right, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back.  PFF has him rated 43 out of 64 starters with a pass block grade of 68.8 and an overall 61.2.  Overall I doubt the price will be right since it's a very weak Free Agent OT class for 2024, and right now it's looking a bit weak at the top of the draft too.  If the price is under $10 mil a year then things could get interesting.  I would also take a good look at re-signing Kendall Lamm who has played above expectations this season while taking most of the snaps at LT while Armstead has been out.  Lamm has a PFF overall grade of 68.4 and a pass block of 78.2, which makes him their 30th out of 64 starting OT's, which sounds solidly average (a good thing to be).

As for replacing any of our starting 5 OLinemen Free Agents (considering Lamm as a starter) through the draft; it's a scary thought when considering how awful the Front Office has been at drafting OLinemen. 

• Like 1