Week 6 GDT: Eagles(5-0) @ Jets(2-3) - One for the history books(literally)

AZ_Eaglesfan

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

It's solely on the offensive coordinator Johnson. Hurts absolutely carried us for most of that game.

Others blaming him is quite crazy. If you wanted to point fingers it's not on Hurts. He can't throw to himself or he probably would. Devonta had a couple crucial drops. Goedert with whatever that INT was sickening. The OL run blocking was disgusting. AJ dominated but that one bomb TD would've been a HUGE spark for everyone but still did awesome. 

The defense and Hurts are not the scapegoats. The Jets had like 20 yards in the 4th Quarter. Majority of that was us letting them score at the end. Yes hurts had one terrible INT but it literally happens to every single QB in history.

It's 1 game. It's not doomsday. The only thing that could doom us is Brian Johnson/Injuries

Nah you went way too far the other way. Brian Johnson isn't sorely to blame, I do think Hurts was looking very good until the DeVonta drop but you can't ignore he spiraled.

You can't ever say "Hurts can't throw to himself" with that supporting cast, that's just a ridiculous thing to say and shows that you would blame everyone before your QB. 

Just because the OC deserves a lot of the blame doesn't make him the sole responsible, there's plenty of blame to go around, including the QB. Johnson didn't went "I will call a fumble here and an interception there". 

16 hours ago, Daimonas said:

not much discussion gonna go on here lmao. Doomerism is at an all time high right now.

It's a nice change from the rampant Homerism that has become the norm on this part, when it wasn't the case in years past. You'd think we were Patriots fans or something.

I said in the off-season, we are going to have trouble with injuries this year and our CB won't play a full season and someone said "hey you don't know that!", when we had all 22 starters in the SB. Come on now.

Losing 6 or more games was considered pessimistic. Games are not won on paper and teams are not a constant or lineal from one season to another.  

Edited by Broadway Joe

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It's a nice change from the rampant Homerism that has become the norm on this part, when it wasn't the case in years past. You'd think we were Patriots fans or something.

I said in the off-season, we are going to have trouble with injuries this year and our CB won't play a full season and someone said "hey you don't know that!", when we had all 22 starters in the SB. Come on now.

Losing 6 or more games was considered pessimistic. Games are not won on paper and teams are not a constant or lineal from one season to another.  

Some of us pointed out that the Slay extension was a bad move, the free agent signings were not all they were cracked up to be, etc, etc, etc.  Here we are, with those statements looking pretty accurate.

• Like 1

There was No singular play that lost that game just a cumulative amount of 💩 between TO's, Penalties and injury. 

It was basically the Washington game from last year, without the 200 yds rushing vs our defense.  Complete Cluster .....!

Or AKA the last regular season lost we've had. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Another concerning trend with Hurts, is the team seems to have to specifically adapt the game plan to get certain players involved, and have to force things to make it happen.  Why can't they just call the offense, and have the QB go through his progressions and find the open receiver.  You should not have to alter your scheme because player X and player Y are not getting touches.

It seems that Jalen has regressed back to focusing on his primary read instead of progressing through his reads and finding the open man like last year.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

There was No singular play that lost that game just a cumulative amount of 💩 between TO's, Penalties and injury. 

It was basically the Washington game from last year, without the 200 yds rushing vs our defense.  Complete Cluster .....!

Or AKA the last regular season lost we've had. 

That last Hurts INT lost us that game. Thats a fact. With all the BS that happend throughout the game with the turnovers, drops, penalties and injuries....fact is we still had the lead and the jets had no timeouts with 2 mins to go. The worst thing Hurts could have done is what happend. EVERYONE gets blame for such a ****ty game but Hurts had the biggest and final nail in the coffin and we pay him $255 mill to be a difference maker and someone that can get us out of the situations and games like yesterday, not be the one to kill us off.

• Like 1

The first tweet..... at least we aren't alone in this and we have a first time play caller which is obviously contributing to the struggles.

The second tweet.... yeaaaaah not good for Sunday Night. I think our red zone defense has been pretty good so far this season, but I am worried about safety play (sounds like Blankenship is probably gonna be out) and just the middle field in general going up against Miami.

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

😎 Then the very next play, this happens. Just makes the drop even worse. The Eagles pass pro struggled at times, and Driscoll obviously didn't play well. But, it's fair to point out the coaches didn't really help him out and he was on an island quite a lot.

It is called situational awareness.  You know Driscoll is struggling, and its not even his blindside.  How do you not feel/see that coming?

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is called situational awareness.  You know Driscoll is struggling, and its not even his blindside.  How do you not feel/see that coming?

Jalen had to be more aware on a few plays with his internal clock for sure. Eagles probably should've tried giving Driscoll a little bit more chip help, but its not as easy to adjust mid game as it is when you have a week to prepare. Hopefully they give him a little more help against Miami if Lane can't go.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought Johnson had a solid game. Probably could've been better down the stretch of the game and some of the play designs as Jonny pointed out and Sirianni fell on the sword for were kinda faulty and led to some of the issues in execution. Some of that should fall on Johnson too, but I think he's got more creative lately and we've taken a little bit of stuff from other teams (need to continue doing it even more) and opened the playbook up more. The offense is still far from perfect, but if we can execute better and he continues on that trend and we can clean up the red zone offense then perhaps the offense can get back to a high level like we saw it last year. It's far from a given, but I'm not completely hopeless on this offense. 

The defense I feel like we have to like what we've seen from the most part from Desai though. Obviously we gotta get healthier on that end, but there's a lot to like on that side of the ball. 

19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The second tweet.... yeaaaaah not good for Sunday Night. I think our red zone defense has been pretty good so far this season, but I am worried about safety play (sounds like Blankenship is probably gonna be out) and just the middle field in general going up against Miami.

Good thing we've always given the correct amount of importance to the back of the defense so we should be well prepared in case of any emergency...