Week 6 GDT: Eagles(5-0) @ Jets(2-3) - One for the history books(literally)

AZ_Eaglesfan

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Delusional.  What does BJ have to do with Jalen staring right into the teeth of double coverage and throwing the ball anyway? It's bad when you get outplayed by Zach Wilson.

Once again, the offense is built on athletes on the offensive side dominating athletes on the defensive side. It does not work and it will not work in the NFL. 

This is a college offense trying to dominate the NFL. 

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Delusional.  What does BJ have to do with Jalen staring right into the teeth of double coverage and throwing the ball anyway? It's bad when you get outplayed by Zach Wilson.

Brian Johnson isn't figuring out the defenses and how to adjust his scheme accordingly. Jets were running shallow zone all day with 2 high. Very seldom are our guys getting open, yet they're all talented. 

The last interception was Jalen, the others were unlucky, but we're doing the same thing and not making adjustments.

The good teams in the league adapt, we keep doing the same thing and expect things to change. I don't get it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I can literally tell you what they issue is right now. 

There’s not a single Florida fan here besides me - I’ve watched this offense, I know what it’s about. This offense works when you can athletically dominate the other team. That does not work in the NFL and it never will. Brian Johnson needs to go or a lot of you are in for a wake up call. 

I hope you’re right since we’re tied to Jalen financially, BJ can be fired next year, but I’m seeing a lot of problematic tendencies in Jalen show up when he doesn’t have the best OL in football.

Just now, Danger said:

Brian Johnson isn't figuring out the defenses and how to adjust his scheme accordingly. Jets were running shallow zone all day with 2 high. Very seldom are our guys getting open, yet they're all talented. 

The last interception was Jalen, the others were unlucky, but we're doing the same thing and not making adjustments.

The good teams in the league adapt, we keep doing the same thing and expect things to change. I don't get it.

Oh hey! We agree again! Well said. 

Just now, Danger said:

1st “INT” yes total fluke/not Jalen

2nd the internal clock simply needs to be better, you don’t have all day in there.

3rd obviously inexcusable. He also had an easy dropped INT on 2nd to last drive rolling right. He was a disaster in the entire 2nd half. Sure Brian Johnson compounded that, but Jalen stunk after a good 1st half.

Just now, Danger said:

So his arm getting hit after holding the ball for 6 seconds is on BJ too?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with the play calling either, but this loss is 100% at Jalen's feet.  I never bought into what I saw from him last year and maintain he's closer to what he showed in 2021 than 2022.  The Eagles would've never done it, but would have been a perfect time to dupe some poorly run franchise into giving the Eagles 2 1st Rd picks before paying him.

5 minutes ago, GetSwifty said:

Add on 19 picks.

Int's in general seem to be up this year. A lot of QB's on pace to throw 15 or more. Would be nice if they could throw some of those against us, but that seems to be a tough ask, even when playing Zach Wilson or Sam Howell.

Edited by Jeezla

in defense of Jalen, good QBs have looked bad vs this Jets D. Mahomes and Allen both had their worst games as well, and while, like Jalen, their mistakes didn’t even really look forced, I’m sure that’s credit to Saleh’s scheme and playcalling.

How offense responds to a softer Miami D will be telling but I am terrified how we fare if Lane is not playing. History has shown this offense sinks without him.

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

in defense of Jalen, good QBs have looked bad vs this Jets D. Mahomes and Allen both had their worst games as well, and while, like Jalen, their mistakes didn’t even really look forced, I’m sure that’s credit to Saleh’s scheme and playcalling.

How offense responds to a softer Miami D will be telling but I am terrified how we fare if Lane is not playing. History has shown this offense sinks without him.

Good QB's look bad against the Jets when they have Sauce. You're supposed to pass all over them when they don't, let alone when they are also missing their 2nd best CB. And their run defense stunk prior to playing us. The loss of Lane Johnson completely derailed our offense, and losing 1 OL, no matter how good, shouldn't totally ruin your O. The SF offense can still go without Trent Williams, but for some reason we can't do anything without Lane, and instead of masking Driscolls weaknesses, Brian Johnson played right into them.

Edited by Jeezla

Predicted 11-7 and sticking with that.  Called a pessimist.  Reality is, it’s hard to stay healthy in the NFL and win as much as they did last year.  To expect the same was delusional.  SB losing teams rarely come out to a 5-0 start.  Get in the playoffs and hope to get healthier at some point.  

• Like 1

Milton Williams has stepped it up this year. I still don't think he's good, but he's been better than I gave him credit for.
Still think Ojomo has the higher ceiling tho, and hopefully our coaches give him the chance to show it once we're down 24 points to the Dolphins.

2 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Predicted 11-7 and sticking with that.  Called a pessimist.  Reality is, it’s hard to stay healthy in the NFL and win as much as they did last year.  To expect the same was delusional.  SB losing teams rarely come out to a 5-0 start.  Get in the playoffs and hope to get healthier at some point.  

18 games huh? Sticking with 18 games? Go on and make that 7 a 6.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Jalen hurts is still a beast. That last interception was god awful but it is what it is. That’s very uncharacteristic for him. The doomers will come out and cry and say the worst is here but truth is the whole right side of the OL is out, Jalen Carter is out, and basically everybody in the secondary is out. Combine that with a ton of fluky plays all game long and this is just one of those games that just happens sometimes. It just happened to SF too. 

It’s a long season, the eagles clearly had things to work on last year as well at this time and improved on those things. It’s a process guys, we aren’t looking at the finished product yet.

• Like 1