Week 6 GDT: Eagles(5-0) @ Jets(2-3) - One for the history books(literally)

AZ_Eaglesfan

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Good thing we've always given the correct amount of importance to the back of the defense so we should be well prepared in case of any emergency...

liar-liar-comedy.gif

I'm guessing Sydney Brown will be back, but he doesn't have a lot of experience in the defense and probably isn't as comfortable on the back end as he is closer to the LOS.

Edmunds is... poop. Don't want to see him against a very fast offense like Miami. Sigh.

Evans is on IR... Blankenship is hurt now.

We really need that trade for a safety, but even if we do that idk how well they'll know the defense for this game or even Washington next week.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

Is he the worst draft pick the eagles have made since the fireman?

I hated the Barnett pick when we made it probably more than anybody, but worst since Watkins? Idk… he’s up there though.

I think Jalen Reagor (my biggest mistake) could be the worst and then we also have Marcus Smith, but I think a lot admitted at the time he was over drafted. A lot fought back against the Barnett being over drafted cause of his statistics like surpassing Reggie White’s sack record at Tennessee. 

We wanted Christian McCaffrey really bad in that 2017 draft, but didn’t like him enough to trade up a handful of picks to secure him. Just wouldn’t be like us to trade up for a RB in the 1st even though his skill set was perfect for how the league was becoming. 

We just missed out on a chance for Reddick or Lattimore (was praying he would keep falling). 

Looking at who went after us maybe we considered guys like Malik Hooker, Gareon Conley (remember kinda liking him… oops), Adoree Jackson, Tre’davious White, etc.

We were looking at the wide receivers in the 1st like John Ross, Corey Davis and Mike Williams… but they all went before we picked.

It’s too bad Wentz didn’t tell Roseman he liked Cooper Kupp cause he was one of the like 8 receivers they had Wentz workout with. Instead we got Shelton Gibson a couple rounds later lol.

2017 was just a horrible draft class for us. The best player from that class turned out to be Rasul Douglas. I felt at the time we let him walk too soon and now he has a higher PFF grade this year than anybody in our secondary right now. 😕

23 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I hated the Barnett pick when we made it probably more than anybody, but worst since Watkins? Idk… he’s up there though.

I think Jalen Reagor (my biggest mistake) could be the worst and then we also have Marcus Smith, but I think a lot admitted at the time he was over drafted. A lot fought back against the Barnett being over drafted cause of his statistics like surpassing Reggie White’s sack record at Tennessee. 

reagor definitely up there. but aside from being beat so badly he fell on the fumble in the superbowl, barnett has been nearly as invisible as marcus smith still is his entire career. unless he's committing a penalty.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is more or less what I noticed when I started focusing less on the trench play, I couldn't see the whole field obviously, but everything seemed to be plays that take a long time to develop, and when Lane Johnson goes down, adjustments need to be made. No adjustments were made.

Jalen didn't play well as a whole, but it wasn't bad like a lot of folks are making it out to be. Brian Johnson is just as much if not more at fault coupled with injuries and bad luck.

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

For @Jeezla saying get DeVonta open. Johnson got him a match-up on a LB with a 2 way go and he could only get 7 yards.

Driscoll smh

Really liked this play call and the pony package stuff in general like the #3 clip (above).

Not a bad game till the 4th and made some horrible plays at that point that aren’t typical for him. He’ll clean it up. 

PFF Grades for our top receivers:

AJ Brown - 91.0

DeVonta Smith - 62.2

Quez Watkins - 51.9

Olamide Zaccheaus - 51.9

200w.gif?cid=6c09b95266k4pf49uxck1d9mrvm

You already know devontas better than that. I’m ok with PFF but this is one of those times I’m like yeah whatever dude…

The defense I feel like we have to like what we've seen from the most part from Desai though. Obviously we gotta get healthier on that end, but there's a lot to like on that side of the ball. 

I think the defense is actually better this year than it was last year to start the year. Desai looks like a really good coach, hopefully he doesn’t get poached any time soon.

I don't think the D is better this year to start. The schedule has been very kind to us so far with the QB's and OL's we've gone against (The OL's especially), and we're still just a middle of the pack pass defense. Our next 7 games will be the true test.

Eyeball test says Slay and Bradberry are a good bit worse this year than to start last year. Last year they were like the #1 and #2 PFF CB's until around the halfway point of the season. This year through 5 games they look...very beatable.
Then the drop off at Safety without CGJ and at Slot CB with Maddox out...definitely not looking as strong as we did last year at this point in the season, imo. And now we're about to enter the deep ocean portion of our schedule. 

Edited by Jeezla

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think the D is better this year to start. The schedule has been very kind to us so far with the QB's and OL's we've gone against (The OL's especially), and we're still just a middle of the pack pass defense. Our next 7 games will be the true test.

Eyeball test says Slay and Bradberry are a good bit worse this year than to start last year. Last year they were like the #1 and #2 PFF CB's until around the halfway point of the season. This year through 5 games they look...very beatable.
Then the drop off at Safety without CGJ and at Slot CB with Maddox out...definitely not looking as strong as we did last year at this point in the season, imo. And now we're about to enter the deep ocean portion of our schedule. 

Individuals in the secondary are struggling because there’s so many injuries in the secondary. When this many injuries happen, players like slay and bradberry have to be moved around and do things they wouldn’t normally have to do. An obvious sign of this was a few weeks ago when the eagles had to move bradberry to nickel cornerback.

That being said, last year at this time the run defense was near bottom of the league. So far this year it’s looking top 3. I think top to bottom it looks better and when guys start to come back from injury I think things will look pretty good.

• Like 1