Chase Claypool

Phinsesq

Did see much conversation on his acquisition or at least not in its own topic. I was reading that they were going to try and move him to tight end which causes me some concern. Part of the knock on him in Chicago was his lack of effort blocking. Granted this is a very low investment experiment. What I like is this offense has playmakers all over the place, so if anything is going to drive him to compete it is that.     

38 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Did see much conversation on his acquisition or at least not in its own topic. I was reading that they were going to try and move him to tight end which causes me some concern. Part of the knock on him in Chicago was his lack of effort blocking. Granted this is a very low investment experiment. What I like is this offense has playmakers all over the place, so if anything is going to drive him to compete it is that.     

He's WR6 competition for Chosen Anderson, as far as I'm concerned. I honestly don't see him making much of an impact.

Would be more than happy to be proven wrong, though.

• Like 1

Ideally he is a combined replacement for the injured Ezukanma and Cracraft.  He's athletic enough to fill the role that Ezukanma carved out and he's big and physical enough to fill the role that Cracraft held.  But none of that matters if he's too lazy and the staff doesn't let him see the field because of it.

• Like 1

No problem for me on the Claypool trade.  No risk move for a probably low production but possibly high production player.  Regardless of his production possibility I don't predict to see him on the 2024 roster.  Claypool gets the rest of the season to prove to some other team he belongs in the NFL.