Week 6 GDT: Ravens vs Titans in London

deeluxx3

2 hours ago, Kookie23 said:

we didn't pull the trigger on that trade because the Texans got word that we wanted him, and traded away a lot more than we had. 

Right. Makes it sound we punted on Stroud. 

And I remember correctly majority of the forum felt there wasn't anyone worth trading up for unless it was Young. 

Nobody wanted to give up the future for any of them. Wanted to wait until "it's better" next year. 

Also I know nobody believes in Levis but until he fails he has just as good as a chance of success as any of the QBs drafted. 

Unless we traded to number 1, I don’t think there was any possible chance we could’ve gotten stroud as long as Houston was there at 2. There’s no way they just suddenly decide to draft stroud once news leaked we wanted him at 3.

in hindsight, I’d have traded the house … and Simmons … for stroud. I wanted stroud bad. Was totally cool with giving up a lot to get him at 3.

im so ready to see Levis. He’s our only hope for the future right now and we just need to see if he can play

The free agents we got all have done exactly what expected except for Key and Dillard. 

Brunskill has been a stop gap OG.  SMB has been a good CB2. 

Aziz has been a good MLB. 

And Dillard has been what he has always been. People wanted to trade for him last year but he is at best a swing OT at this point. Carthon tried to hope for the best and didn't work. 

Still say should put Peter at LT. Easier to find a decent OG than a starting LT and we drafted a guy that is a good OG as a rookie. 

A lot of questions. 

But they tried to rebuild and reload. Pick one road and stay in it. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Right. Makes it sound we punted on Stroud. 

And I remember correctly majority of the forum felt there wasn't anyone worth trading up for unless it was Young. 

Nobody wanted to give up the future for any of them. Wanted to wait until "it's better" next year. 

Also I know nobody believes in Levis but until he fails he has just as good as a chance of success as any of the QBs drafted. 

If stroud was there guy from the start you trade up to 1 dam waiting on Houston 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

How do you figure that?

The same way someone can figure Richardson, young and Stroud can have success. 

Different environment. Surrounded by pros. Youth. 

Like it or not, believe in him or not. Up to you. Levis has skills, strengths and weaknesses. 

Just like Stroud did/does. Can he magnify those skills and strengths?

I chose to believe he can until he shows he can't. Similar to how I felt about Malik. 

Belief only until proven otherwise. Chance at success until proven otherwise. 

Houston doesn't have this bounty of talent. Stroud is just being good. 

That's how I personally figure it. Just me. 

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

And that means that the Bears wanted whatever deal we lay on the table. 

Bears might figure the Panthers pick next year will be higher than ours. 

So far they are right holding #1 and #2 overall pick. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

The same way someone can figure Richardson, young and Stroud can have success. 

Different environment. Surrounded by pros. Youth. 

Like it or not, believe in him or not. Up to you. Levis has skills, strengths and weaknesses. 

Just like Stroud did/does. Can he magnify those skills and strengths?

I chose to believe he can until he shows he can't. Similar to how I felt about Malik. 

Belief only until proven otherwise. Chance at success until proven otherwise. 

Houston doesn't have this bounty of talent. Stroud is just being good. 

That's how I personally figure it. Just me. 

What's the success rate of 2nd round QBs vs top 5 QBs?

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

this isn't madden dude. it was rumored that they were looking into moving up to 1 but the bears like the panthers' deal better. they had a DJ moore to offer and we didn't. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

I don't know and don't care.  

I believe he can have some success until proven otherwise based on what he did in college. 

Not every rookie is the same, man. Just because all these QBs are rookies doesn't mean they all have the same chance at success. We've already seen Stroud play great, and you're going to say Levis has the same chance at success just because he's a mystery?

Would you trade a 1st rounder for 2 4th rounders? I mean that's 2 rookies vs. 1 rookie and all rookies have the same chance at success, right?