State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

8 hours ago, Titansfan_13 said:

Actually at this point, I kinda hope he goes to the Eagles and they win the Super Bowl so I can just pretend we kinda won it with 3 of my favorite players there... I'm only half kidding lol

Not to mention Marcus Goddamn Mariota, and Zach Cunningham.

Derek Barnett and Reed Blankenship as well for Tennessee college connections. Eagles already my number two team. Might as well take Henry too.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Not to mention Marcus Goddamn Mariota, and Zach Cunningham.

Derek Barnett and Reed Blankenship as well for Tennessee college connections. Eagles already my number two team. Might as well take Henry too.

Serious question.
When all these former Titans leave us to do well, who is to blame and to give credit? 
Can we credit Robinson for being a good talent evaluator? 
Do we blame coaches for failing to get the most out of them?

27 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Serious question.
When all these former Titans leave us to do well, who is to blame and to give credit? 

I could be forgetting guys, but who’s doing well that wasn’t doing well here?

AJ was always elite

david long is still doing David long things 

is Cunningham lighting the world on fire in Philly? Serious Q, I know they like him there. I also think he was often banged up here

idk who was a below average player here that is now above average elsewhere 

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Serious question.

I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

JRob built an extremely competitive team, and for the first few years, he was drafting like a beast.  You can't deny how many misses he had in his last few years though.  I don't know what changed in the scouting department, and without insider info, it's hard to say what happened.

I do think though there's very likely a lot of blame on the coaching staff, and in a few instances already, it's easy to see.  Reynolds is one easy one.  In 2021, JRob had already made some misses, so Reynolds doing nothing here was easy to blame him for.  But he goes to the Lions and immediately is a contributor.  Still is.  In fact, he'd be leading all Titans receivers with his numbers on the Lions right now.

Injuries are also kinda hard to put on anyone but the coaching staff.  With Caleb Farley, maybe not, he was a super huge injury risk as a prospect, so that one I'll give to him, but most of the rest goes to the coaching staff.  And frankly, without being injured all to hell the last couple seasons, I think the team is probably in a very different position.

What I think happened with Robinson is this: he kept treating the draft like he was drafting for a contender, taking "swing for the fences" type risky picks well after he should have stopped and started to take more safe type picks.  It worked for a while, and we had the talent to absorb it, but then it fell apart and he never corrected until it was way too late.

52 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I could be forgetting guys, but who’s doing well that wasn’t doing well here?

AJ was always elite

david long is still doing David long things 

is Cunningham lighting the world on fire in Philly? Serious Q, I know they like him there. I also think he was often banged up here

idk who was a below average player here that is now above average elsewhere 

Maybe not lighting the world up.  Or Maybe wasn't a below average player here, but jst making plays and being contributors elsewhere. 
David Long, Reynolds, Kalif Raymond, Jonnu, Cunningham seems to have found a nice groove, Byard, Arthur Brown, D'onta Foreman, all the former kickers. lol, Conklin( kinda. Was let go because of injuries and has been consistently injured). Adoree played better gone from here. 

It's not a big list, just highlighted by a huge spot in Philly. But if we kept all these players (somehow) of course we'd be a better team. 

Robinson built winning teams. Those last 2 drafts tho, he lost it. I stand on the hill of saying COVID seasons did him in. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Maybe not lighting the world up.  Or Maybe wasn't a below average player here, but jst making plays and being contributors elsewhere. 
David Long, Reynolds, Kalif Raymond, Jonnu, Cunningham seems to have found a nice groove, Byard, Arthur Brown, D'onta Foreman, all the former kickers. lol, Conklin( kinda. Was let go because of injuries and has been consistently injured). Adoree played better gone from here. 

It's not a big list, just highlighted by a huge spot in Philly. But if we kept all these players (somehow) of course we'd be a better team. 

Robinson built winning teams. Those last 2 drafts tho, he lost it. I stand on the hill of saying COVID seasons did him in. 

I think it’s also because JRob failed to replace the players he let go

Conklin was never truly replaced 

AJ never truly replaced 

Jonnu, Adoree… never truly replaced

Jrob ruined us. We just suck from a roster perspective right now

i wish we kept Long. AAS is JAG so far imo

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

i wish we kept Long. AAS is JAG so far imo

Well another one where health was a big deal. 
Either other teams have more relaxed injury procedures and let them play hurt or we just straight up abuse our players. 

His hamstring magically isn't a problem anymore. Same with Arthur's knees. 

Long plays the run well. I think Aziz does too. I like Aziz.

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Well another one where health was a big deal. 
Either other teams have more relaxed injury procedures and let them play hurt or we just straight up abuse our players. 

His hamstring magically isn't a problem anymore. Same with Arthur's knees. 

Long plays the run well. I think Aziz does too. I like Aziz.

AJ got knee surgery after year 2, if I recall correctly. His third year was getting banged up here and there, but I don’t think he missed nearly as much time as this forum makes it seem.

Azeez just straight up disappears … not nearly as splashy as Long. Is what it is

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Serious question.

Obviously yes . . . 

Give it three years. You'll all finally be caught up with me on Vrabel and I'll be hating on the next awful hire we've made because ownership is incompetent and cheap like they've always been.

It's like . . . a cycle. lol

If there were some long list of Titans who did better after leaving here, that argument would have merit, but alas that list doesn't exist. I'm not sure I can name a singular player who played better elsewhere than here. Adoree maybe has the best argument for that, but he had moments of looking really good here too, ruined by either inconsistency or injury, similar to whats happening in New York.

"Derrick Henry has not expressed his frustration by any means. Instead, he's still very impactful for the Titans, but there is some wonder whether they'd move Derrick Henry because he is in the final season of his contract. But right now they're not getting much interest, and I do not sense that this is going to be a trade that does happen. I feel like the Titans are still committed to Henry, and he too is happy to be there."

52 seconds in to this video from Jeff Darlington:

• Like 1

Tbh .. as much as I think getting draft capital is important … I’m definitely more than cool with keeping Henry and Hopkins. If Henry would be cool taking a home town discount , I’m even cool with extending. He can still play and provide value 

esp if we move onto Levis, we need some vets on the offensive side of the ball