State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

Who really thought Vrabel would allow someone to lose their job due to injury??? I never understood how people thought that would happen...he is very well known to be a players coach. I know it's still possible he starts Levis but to me that would be the shocker. 

I have been beating the Vrabel is too stubborn and has outlived his welcome here drum for a while. He is a really good coach but his unwillingness to be flexible i.e. bench horrific tackles, move on from garbage OC, bring in some fresh perspective to the staff vs hiring his buddies. 

At this point I think he might start to try to get fired so he can go to NE and they won't have to give up any compensation. The fanbase is going to turn on him if he actually starts RT, and the players will likely feel like what's the point of starting RT and he may lose part of the offensive players. 

All that said...RT is most likely going to aggravate his ankle(not that I am wishing for that) and Levis will probably see more time this season. Also with this O line the last thing we need is for Levis to get injured and start the injury prone narrative.

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lol guys i'm on the more pessimistic end of the spectrum when it comes to vrabel and even i'm not putting an ounce of stock in the damn depth chart. come on now

Same.

But I still think regardless of the depth chart or pressers there is a non-zero chance Tannehill starts next week, which is telling.

Would be one thing if we were right behind the Jaguars for division lead or something, sitting at 5 wins. I could kind of get the logic of throwing him in there, but . . . we're not doing anything this year. lol

54 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

This is why the Vrabel is stubborn mantra is a bit overblown. I do think he is stubborn to a degree, and he does take time to get to that point, but he eventually makes the right decision. 

I agree. Also, let’s be honest Tannehill deserves at least to be told first by Vrabel before the media and us lot are told. Today is the first day he’ll have seen him face to face. It’s the only decent way to do it. 

Just shows how many clowns there are in the media and on the internet trying to pretend they know what’s going on. 😂

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Apparently the depth chart everyone was freaking out over was from October 22nd too?

Y'all need some help, man. I thought Battered Vol Syndrome was bad lol.

Just pulling a tweet from a titans reporter who was referencing a depth chart where Levis leapfrogged Malik

But this is holier than thou Titania 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Apparently the depth chart everyone was freaking out over was from October 22nd too?

Y'all need some help, man. I thought Battered Vol Syndrome was bad lol.

Yeah mate, Vrabel was getting fired ten minutes before he announced it because some nobody was making crap up. 😂

2 hours ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Who really thought Vrabel would allow someone to lose their job due to injury??? I never understood how people thought that would happen...he is very well known to be a players coach. I know it's still possible he starts Levis but to me that would be the shocker. 

I have been beating the Vrabel is too stubborn and has outlived his welcome here drum for a while. He is a really good coach but his unwillingness to be flexible i.e. bench horrific tackles, move on from garbage OC, bring in some fresh perspective to the staff vs hiring his buddies. 

At this point I think he might start to try to get fired so he can go to NE and they won't have to give up any compensation. The fanbase is going to turn on him if he actually starts RT, and the players will likely feel like what's the point of starting RT and he may lose part of the offensive players. 

All that said...RT is most likely going to aggravate his ankle(not that I am wishing for that) and Levis will probably see more time this season. Also with this O line the last thing we need is for Levis to get injured and start the injury prone narrative.

Yeah, this didn’t happen. You are very aptly named. 

Edited by Titansfan
  • Like 1