The Week 7 Thread: (3-3) Washington Commanders at (1-5) New York Football Giants, 1 PM CBS / GIF Theme: Little Giants

MikeT14

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Nope. AT LEAST @lavar703 and I touted him before the draft. I legit thought of the class he was one of the two best. 

Also, I don’t think he’s been that bad this year. Today was certainly not good but even still he drove his team down the field and gave them a chance. He’s young and this OL is awful. I think short of ending up with Maye or Williams he’s been good enough to continue with him into next year. I think he can continue to grow and I think a new regime builds the OL. I don’t want to toss him out for an old vet. I honestly believe if he were Sam Howell the 16th overall pick and not Sam Howell the 5th rounder we’d all be ecstatic with what we’ve seen. Save for the sacks at least. 

• Like 2

Would love to know what Josh Harris and the rest of the crew are thinking about if a change should be made. 
If we wanted to hire a new GM like Peters would they normally leave in the middle of the season or at the end? It’s good to beat out other teams for talent but not sure where J. Harris’ head is at, maybe thinking he might be losing the fan base. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Would love to know what Josh Harris and the rest of the crew are thinking about if a change should be made. 
If we wanted to hire a new GM like Peters would they normally leave in the middle of the season or at the end? It’s good to beat out other teams for talent but not sure where J. Harris’ head is at, maybe thinking he might be losing the fan base. 

Front office guys are not going to leave in the middle of the season.  They have a lot of responsibilities to coordinate- scouting, pro personnel, etc.  

The only reason you fire Rivera is to let Bienemy get an on the job chance to prove himself.  Can’t even say interview, because the GM won’t even be in the building.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Front office guys are not going to leave in the middle of the season.  They have a lot of responsibilities to coordinate- scouting, pro personnel, etc.  

The only reason you fire Rivera is to let Bienemy get an on the job chance to prove himself.  Can’t even say interview, because the GM won’t even be in the building.  

I think any chance EB had at being a headcoach has all been washed away. If you were an owner would you want him developing your young QB after the beating he’s allowed Howell to take? 

• Like 2

I really don't know what else Ron needs to do to get the boot. This is getting so old. I don't enjoy watching this team anymore. It brings me no joy. Seeing Ron stand on the sideline with his arms crossed with no emotion just pisses me off. He freaked out at the refs on the grounding so that was nice too see but what did it do? Not a thing. He is so out of touch with the NFL it's crazy. Did you see the clip of a reporter asking him about Chase Young this year? He generally looked confused. GET RID OF HIM NOW!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Almost all of this wrong. I'll give you he's not tall, but he's athletic and he has a strong arm. Today he barely had over 2seconds to throw. So yeah, Howell could be better at times but the OL is the biggest issue with the team which a lot of us thought before the season.

Our OL can't run block it's why our running game is non-existent and they can't pass block either. Sam is getting crushed on most plays within 2 seconds of him dropping back. It's actually amazing he's putting up the stats he is. I think he's top 10 in the league in passing yards and is on pace for 4,000 yards passing as a rookie.

Exactly. Unless we're throwing slants every play and he can throw within 2 seconds, I fail to see how this is on Sam.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Also, I don’t think he’s been that bad this year. Today was certainly not good but even still he drove his team down the field and gave them a chance. He’s young and this OL is awful. I think short of ending up with Maye or Williams he’s been good enough to continue with him into next year. I think he can continue to grow and I think a new regime builds the OL. I don’t want to toss him out for an old vet. I honestly believe if he were Sam Howell the 16th overall pick and not Sam Howell the 5th rounder we’d all be ecstatic with what we’ve seen. Save for the sacks at least. 

Yup. With this production, he'd have a much longer leash if he was a 1st round pick

• Like 1

Lowest Commanders PFF ratings vs Giants (Defense)

Khaleke Hudson - 38.1
Abdullah Anderson - 48.9
David Mayo - 50.8
Percy Butler - 53.4
Daron Payne - 55.3

Highest Commanders PFF ratings vs Giants (Offense)

Byron Pringle - 80.4
Terry McLaurin -71.5
Logan Thomas - 66.0
Antonio Gibson - 66.0
Andrew Wylie - 65.8

Highest Commanders PFF ratings vs Giants (Defense)

Jartavius Martin - 90.2
Chase Young - 90.0
Benjamin St-Juste - 81.7
Montez Sweat - 78.7
John Ridgeway - 78.6

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

PFF loves them some Andrew Wylie lol

seems to me most of the pressure yesterday was right up the gut. I'd start Stromberg at center and Paul at LG next week. Here's a tought too- I've read Leno says he can play guard . Move him and start Corny Lucas at L T. Gotta improve this OLine  somehow .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

seems to me most of the pressure yesterday was right up the gut. I'd start Stromberg at center and Paul at LG next week. Here's a tought too- I've read Leno says he can play guard . Move him and start Corny Lucas at L T. Gotta improve this OLine  somehow .

Yeah, I think that’s about right. Apparently PFF did not attribute one sack to Howell yesterday. Progress! Lol

• Like 2