Week 7: San Francisco 49ers at Minnesota Vikings

J-ALL-DAY

The sack thing is bizarre when you consider the pressure and hit rates. Its just weird. 

Definitely may have to start playing up against the receivers. May implement some press?  I know that they were trying to limit the big plays on the back end, and for the most part they have done that....but they are getting absolutely carved up. 

• Like 1

0 sacks from what is supposed to be the biggest strength on the team is inexcusable. Purdy wasn't able to answer the bell, and all against a team without their best weapon and an abysmal run game.

This game has given me some doubt on this team's chances of getting to a SB. The Eagles looked way better last night in all phases.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

The sack thing is bizarre when you consider the pressure and hit rates. Its just weird. 

Definitely may have to start playing up against the receivers. May implement some press?  I know that they were trying to limit the big plays on the back end, and for the most part they have done that....but they are getting absolutely carved up. 

Even giving up one is a problem, you’re making a trade off on TOP and they couldn’t do both. If you’re playing bend but don’t break, your intentionally reducing everyone’s margin of error 

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

i'm sure Shanahan noticed.

sorry you guys had to handle a disappointing loss, it's never fun. but hell, you're 5-2. still gotta like that.

Nope. Not a good loss, vikes have talent but this should have been a win.

brock has a lot of tape out now, he needs to be much better  and much more consistent if he wants to cement himself as a legitimate long term starter

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

So, I’m going to take the unpopular opinion. Bend but don’t break defense has us in position to win. Especially considering the ridiculous play by Addison.

purdy was just awful today and it’s something to watch.

at this point, if he wants a second contract, I’d only be wanting to give a team friendly deal 

I don't think Purdy was awful aside from the last two drives where he threw INTs. He was money before that and handling the blitz well. Kyle should have ran it less and let Purdy control the game more with his arm. He's going to need to learn to come through in these types of games though. Not every game is going to be a 10+ point blowout. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think Purdy was awful aside from the last two drives where he threw INTs. He was money before that and handling the blitz well. Kyle should have ran it less and let Purdy control the game more with his arm. He's going to need to learn to come through in these types of games though. Not every game is going to be a 10+ point blowout. 

Purdy was amazing, until he wasn’t. Nature of the beast. You get two shots to tie and go ahead and you throw god awful interceptions, it’s a bad game. 

what makes the last drive worse is he had 20 yards to run, awful awful decisions making and awareness, things that are suppose to be his forte

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

Purdy was amazing, until he wasn’t. Nature of the beast. You get two shots to tie and go ahead and you throw god awful interceptions, it’s a bad game. 

what makes the last drive worse is he had 20 yards to run, awful awful decisions making and awareness, things that are suppose to be his forte

Oh I agree, in money time you have to deliver and he did not. If he's to win us a SB, he's going to have to find ways to come through. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John232 said:

The thing that concerns me a little is that we got to the crunch time, two drives to take the lead, two ints. 

Tried to give the ball away on the last drive last week against Cleveland before putting them into a spot to win. Same thing against Vegas last year. Limited sample, but curious

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gridirongorilla said:

Are Purdy's INTs today a sign of his limitations, or lack of exp having played less than a season's worth of games + fully healthy training camp, etc?

I’ll take the counter and say it’s his inexperience. I don’t think physically he’s super limited in the way we anticipated. Sure he’s not doing cross body crazy stuff, but he’s hitting all points of the field

he plays like Caleb without having his obsidian ability  and  it’s getting him in trouble