Week 7: San Francisco 49ers at Minnesota Vikings

J-ALL-DAY

12 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Funny-142.gif

That's pretty hideous even if "8+" is cherry-picked. Wonder what Kyle would say to that type of struggle for his squad. 

Proof that this team can't come from behind and thus need to play with a double digit lead or they'll just lose. The defense can only play when the other offense is one dimensional but even in those scenarios they still can't hold unless they force a turnover b/c they can't rush the passer and they can't cover in the back end. I haven't seen an elite secondary across the board since 1994 led by Deion Sanders.

19 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

it's weird how the 49ers go from blowing everyone out and scoring 30+ a game to looking like they have the last 2 weeks.

As bad as the two losses were, they were by a combined 7 points and we were driving down field for the GW score in both

Maybe we're just a better home team. Only road game we looked unstoppable in was against the Steelers (+23 point differential)

Vs the Rams, Browns & Vikings we're 1-2 with a 0 point differential (+7 vs Rams, -2 vs Browns, -5 vs Vikings, even overall at 0)

At home we're 3-0 with a +69 point differential (+18 vs Giants, +19 vs Cardinals, +32 vs Cowboys)

After all this, we're still +92 point differential which is best in the NFL. Only teams with 20 points of that are the Bills, Ravens & Chiefs at +80, +74 & +73 respectively

Edited by 49ersfan

25 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

it's weird how the 49ers go from blowing everyone out and scoring 30+ a game to looking like they have the last 2 weeks.

NFL is a LOOOOONGGG season. You go through your ups and downs. Even during the dominant Pats stretch, they went through similar stretches. You start to get some injuries and the play dips. We were fortunate to be very healthy the first five weeks offensively, and you saw the results. Then Deebo, CMC and Trent get hurt against the Browns and then the team no longer looks invincible. 

Not too concerned about it. We have always been a better 2nd half team anyways.

• Like 3

Seriously though....is Armstead cooked? 

I still don't get why they restructured him to keep him on the team next year....felt like that was a natural divorce point...but now I'm kind of concerned that he's just not getting enough done. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I still don't get why they restructured him to keep him on the team next year....felt like that was a natural divorce point...but now I'm kind of concerned that he's just not getting enough done. 

He started the season fine but the entire DL looks less than their ability at the moment. Did the Browns figure something out that the Vikings also attacked? Is it something Wilks is doing? I don't think Armstead is any different than he was last season but something has changed. The Browns and Vikings have some similar concepts and they took advantage and the Rams were doing well in the first half as well. 

We shall see in the coming weeks. Burrow/Lawrence back to back is going to tell us a lot about the defense. 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Aren't the Browns & Vikings also known as really good pass blocking OL? 

Not that is excuses ZERO sacks tho

The Vikings have elite tackles. Bradbury is fine. Their guards have been suspect, I believe. They just signed Dalton Risner like week 3 and he's starting for them

The browns offensive line is okay, but we also played them without their best lineman

• Like 2

Defense gave up 19 and 22 points in 2 losses

Don't blame Wilks because Kyle "The Genius" Shanahan and his all-pro offense stacked can't get out of its own way. 

Kittle, Aiyuk, Juice, Jennings, Mitchell, Mason should have been more than enough to win this game. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

Just now, Herodreamer79 said:

Don't blame Wilks because Kyle Shanahan can't get out of his own way. 

Point totals can be deceiving though.

We're always around the top of the league in ppg defensively.

The yardage is a better indicator of our issues.

The Vikes settle for FGs on 3rd and goal form 2-yard line and the 1-yard line.

That's more on them being inept in those situations than the defense being stout, as Cousins missed two open WRs in both instances. 

They score TDs there and that game looks even worst for us defensively.

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Missing on Kinlaw has really set the interior line back.

Going out and getting Hargraves alleviates some of that, but the costs for that miss has affected our bottom line tremendously.

10 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Don't blame Wilks because Kyle "The Genius" Shanahan and his all-pro offense stacked can't get out of its own way. 

Kittle, Aiyuk, Juice, Jennings, Mitchell, Mason should have been more than enough to win this game. 

I mean the offense was definitely the biggest reason we lost against the Browns and 17 points is not going to cut it against most teams...But the defense still has to play better, especially against the run. Both things can be true. No one is shifting blame away from the offense. 

Purdy has to be better in the clutch and the defense needs to be better on money downs and be more clutch. They definitely were big time in the RZ and gave us a chance to win the game. 

20 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Point totals can be deceiving though.

We're always around the top of the league in ppg defensively.

The yardage is a better indicator of our issues.

The Vikes settle for FGs on 3rd and goal form 2-yard line and the 1-yard line.

That's more on them being inept in those situations than the defense being stout, as Cousins missed two open WRs in both instances. 

They score TDs there and that game looks even worst for us defensively.

I agree the Vikings left the Niners in the game but the Niners didn't bother taking what the Vikings were willing to give them. Other teams won't give the Niners a thing and it'll be up to the Niners to take it away. 

Another thing with regards to defense and it has to do with forcing turnovers which is all fine but when you're not forcing turnovers and can't force a punt then you're in serious trouble. Even during the 5-0 start I saw some holes on both sides of the ball as they let both the Rams & Giants hang around in both of those games. 

2 hours ago, NFL Network said:

Well it's not just this game it's the other games they'll most likely lose e.g. Eagles & Ravens and other possible loses against the Jags, Seahawks and maybe Bengals but I think they'll beat Cinci.

This team is flawed in all 3 phases of the game (offense, defense & special teams) and they don't have a QB who can bail them out the same way a Mahomes bails out the Chiefs or how Josh Allen bails out the Bills when they need a TD drive ASAP! 

There is no way I can take this team to win the SB this year as the most they do is get to the SB and that's a big if as I'd take Philly over the Niners in a heartbeat especially if the game is in Philly once again. 

Mahomes and Josh Allen have thrown their fair share of picks in clutch situations, and Allen in particular has had games much worse than the two Purdy has just had