2024 NFL Draft- First Round Pick

BStanRamFan

What do to with our 2024 First Round Pick?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Next season, we will have our first round pick for the first time since 2017. Quarterback's headline this draft and it's being touted as one of the deepest in recent memory. Stafford is playing very well, but at 36 with a laundry list of injuries, is it best to double-down and get him O-line help or finally take a QB?

• Draft LT
    • Draft QB
    • Draft EDGE
    • BPA

here the rams pick a wr.

i know the rams are always very close to the vest with any infos. but there are 0 top 30 visits ublic this yeat. thats very odd.
it looks like the rams made it very clear that they don't want this infos out. so every single prospect and agent was in line with that?!
feels like a bunch of top notch high character guys?

but why are the rams doing it? maybe because you could see they have 15 wr or 15 ot or 10 qbs on that list or 30 guys on offense?

6 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

i think it would be odd to draft a guy in the first round to be the fourth guy on a depth chart and you have to start hoecht at edge.

i mean, sure it will be an offensive guy, thats what i said too but an ot?

in the end i am cool with any guy they pick, even if it's a kicker, but god i hope they told schrager "you can post that we will for sure 100000% draft an offense guy but if you dare to post we will trade up we are done!"
hehe.

Any WR they take is ahead of Robinson in the 1st round.Β 

13 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

here the rams pick a wr.

i know the rams are always very close to the vest with any infos. but there are 0 top 30 visits ublic this yeat. thats very odd.
it looks like the rams made it very clear that they don't want this infos out. so every single prospect and agent was in line with that?!
feels like a bunch of top notch high character guys?

but why are the rams doing it? maybe because you could see they have 15 wr or 15 ot or 10 qbs on that list or 30 guys on offense?

I'm at the point of just trusting what Snead/Mcvay do, but man that one would be a kick in the nuts.Β 

I can see a situation where "McVay's first 1st rounder will be an offensive player...Β if the right player is there."Β  And the italicized bit is just context being swept under the rug for the flashy narrative.Β  But if the offensive player they want isn't there, Les isn't the type to just take any offensive guy just because Sean wants an offensive guy... if Les feels he can get better value in the pick from trading back and monitoring Sean's guy and trading back up to get him if Sean really pounds the table.

I can actually see a scenario, given the relative depth of this OT class, where Les tries to finagle the 33rd pick out of Chicago to come back up and secure an OT to protect Caleb Williams after using #1 for CW and their other 1st for a WR for Caleb.Β  Poles (their new GM) is a former OL, comes from the Andy Reid school of team-building (which loves it some trenches), and I could see someone like Latham or Mims having a lot of allure to bookend on the left with Darnell Wright (who they picked last year) on the right.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:19 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Nix in the 2nd I won't mind.Β 

Id love to trade up for Alt

Alt's not even the best OT in this class.Β  And certainly not the best for McVay's scheme.

Also, I got pinged that Tony Pauline is saying that if Latu is there at #19, the belief is that he'll be a Ram.

Β 

On an entirely side note, IΒ wantΒ Malachi Corley; and he's the type of WR that we already know succeeds in this system because the dude is basically a near-clone of Deebo Samuel (WR in a RB's body) and just a YAC monster.

So many smokes screens. Reading today that is the Rams do trade up its for a defensive player? lol

Im at the point where I dont care anymore about the predraft rumors and just want to see what happens. It's impossible to believe ANYTHING out there the day before the draft. So just be surprised.

My Big Board in Round 1

1. Rome Odunze WR

2. Joe Alt OT

3. Brock Bowers TE

4.Byron Murphy DT

5.Troy Fautanu OT

6. Laiatu Latu EDGE

7. Chop Robinson EDGE