2024 NFL Draft- First Round Pick

BStanRamFan

What do to with our 2024 First Round Pick?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Next season, we will have our first round pick for the first time since 2017. Quarterback's headline this draft and it's being touted as one of the deepest in recent memory. Stafford is playing very well, but at 36 with a laundry list of injuries, is it best to double-down and get him O-line help or finally take a QB?

• Draft LT
    • Draft QB
    • Draft EDGE
    • BPA

Verse makes a ton of sense with us having Giff Smith on the staff.  Verse's biggest selling point traits are his hand technique and his motor.  Those were two of the same selling points that were emphasized as to why the Chargers - when Giff was on their staff in the same position - had Joey Bosa marked down in pen at their #3 pick in January... for a draft that wasn't until April.

Love Verse for you guys. Fills a big need and is just a powerful dude that pushes people around. He might not have the elite upside some guys have, but he is going to be a bully for you guys. Great change up with Young as the speed guy on the other side.

• Like 3

Im a little disappointed. I wanted the offensive weapon and all reports I read were that the Rams were in on Bowers, but teams panicked in the 8-11 spots with the QB's that got taken and didnt want to budge. 

You saw McVay when the pick went in that he wasnt thrilled. Feels like last year where we didnt get Kincaid.

That said, we got a great player at #19 that in any other year probably goes Top 12? The offensive run pushed him down to the late teens and we great a high floor player at a position of need. I can't argue with it. Wish we had him playing next to Donald. Great fit with Young, Jones, Turner to get some young talent on the defensive side. His selling point being his power scares me cause that doesnt fly in the NFL. Just cause you can bull rush an ACC OT doesnt mean its going to work on Sundays, but he seems to be very good with his hands as well. Reading that the Rams love his versatility to line up inside if needed which is huge.

Overall Grade That Has No Merit: B

• Like 2

It was Bowers! Just as I suspected

According to Peter Schrager of NFL Network, who’s good friends with McVay, the Rams loved Georgia tight end Brock Bowers and tried to trade up for him on Thursday night. He said the Rams were making phone calls to move up for Bowers, but the Raiders ended up taking him at No. 13 overall before the Rams could go up and get him.

“There was some calls throughout the draft. Those reports were accurate about potentially having a move up,” Schrager said. “The player they had their eyes on if he slipped a little bit was Brock Bowers. So the Rams really fell in love with Brock Bowers, the Georgia tight end, and as he’s plummeting down boards and the quarterbacks are going, there were phone calls made and there was some excitement in that LA building that they might be able to get Brock Bowers and add him to that offense. Turns out they go defense, they love Jared Verse. They’re happy with this selection.”

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Think this was an A pick. A difference maker on D at a position of need. The type of player we love as well. Now I'm hoping one of these DTs is available to us in the 2nd. 

It will be interesting to see how serious the concern is on Johnny Newton's foot issue, because that along with Sweat's dumbassery could elevate the stock of several other DT's like Jenkins, Carter, or Orhorhoro to teams because the best ability is availability.

I still want Malachi Corley at 52, even though I'm not sure he survives another run on receivers.

26 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

It will be interesting to see how serious the concern is on Johnny Newton's foot issue, because that along with Sweat's dumbassery could elevate the stock of several other DT's like Jenkins, Carter, or Orhorhoro to teams because the best ability is availability.

I still want Malachi Corley at 52, even though I'm not sure he survives another run on receivers.

Ruke Fiske and Jenkins would be ideal to me. Go WR in the 3rd. Imo 

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Ruke Fiske and Jenkins would be ideal to me. Go WR in the 3rd. Imo 

Les is gonna make a trade at some point.  I think the Chargers (particularly because of need paired with Harbaugh and Jesse Minter) jump on Jenkins at the top of R2 unless they double-down on OL and go with JPJ.  But my hope/aim right now is to take Corley at 52 if he's there and then trade up from 83 to go get Ruke, Fiske (his age could drop him, but his combine likely keeps his floor in the 3rd), or Carter (he fits what we do).

Also, I know that there are going to be folks freaking out for us to draft a CB - I'm gonna call it now that we'll hit tomorrow where at least 2-3 on here will be screaming about why we haven't done it yet - but with 4 6th's and 2 5th's, we can get ourselves into the 4th if we need to and I think that's the sweet spot (I've been hoping he'll fall to 154, but I'm oddly less optimistic considering that the lack of DB's going in R1, I think, likely sparks several runs on DB's today) for Cam Hart - who I definitely want now that Marvin Harrison Jr is in the division (even if his QB is Kyler...).

47 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Les is gonna make a trade at some point.  I think the Chargers (particularly because of need paired with Harbaugh and Jesse Minter) jump on Jenkins at the top of R2 unless they double-down on OL and go with JPJ.  But my hope/aim right now is to take Corley at 52 if he's there and then trade up from 83 to go get Ruke, Fiske (his age could drop him, but his combine likely keeps his floor in the 3rd), or Carter (he fits what we do).

In betting a trade that gets us a 4th rounder. Les has talked about not liking the wait from 99 to 153. Throw a 5th and a couple 6ths to move into the 4th seems likely.