2024 NFL Draft- First Round Pick

BStanRamFan

What do to with our 2024 First Round Pick?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Next season, we will have our first round pick for the first time since 2017. Quarterback's headline this draft and it's being touted as one of the deepest in recent memory. Stafford is playing very well, but at 36 with a laundry list of injuries, is it best to double-down and get him O-line help or finally take a QB?

• Draft LT
    • Draft QB
    • Draft EDGE
    • BPA

11 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I totally agree that we take a WR early and wouldn't be shocked if we moved into the top 10 for Odunze. Snead/McVay are always a year ahead of need. 

If we use that approach these WR's are FA's in 2025: Atwell, Skowronek, D-Rob. + Kupp's obvious injury history. 

Worth mentioning that following the same logic: Alaric Jackson + Noteboom are both FA's next year as well. 

I get the future need at OT but it all depends on what they sign Jackson too. I don't doubt at all that Boom is gone after this year. But there just isn't a roster spot IMO for an OT unless he's the backup Guard this year or he's on the PS and any thing before the 6th at OT has a very high chance of being poached off the PS. Add to the OT need in the future Big Rob doesn't have much longer at RT either. 

Also I'm not trading up for anything but one of the edges but that's just me who knows what McSnead will do. 

On 4/8/2024 at 5:01 PM, NVRamsFan said:

I get the future need at OT but it all depends on what they sign Jackson too. I don't doubt at all that Boom is gone after this year. But there just isn't a roster spot IMO for an OT unless he's the backup Guard this year or he's on the PS and any thing before the 6th at OT has a very high chance of being poached off the PS. Add to the OT need in the future Big Rob doesn't have much longer at RT either. 

Also I'm not trading up for anything but one of the edges but that's just me who knows what McSnead will do. 

Pretty much my feeling.  There's no one of great consequence that I think we need so greatly as to need to move into the Top 10 for.  No out-and-out blue chip CB.  No high-ceiling EDGE guy that isn't without the sort of flags that should drag him down in value among the safer (if perhaps slightly lower ceiling guys).  No utterly outstanding scheme fits for us.

OT is all about value for me.  If there is no high ceiling EDGE guy left available at 19 and no favorable trade-back option and Fuaga is available, I'm willing to bite because he does fit what we do on offense really well and while, yes, we have A-Jack and Boom, their contract status, coupled with ability to get 4-5 years of affordability at the premium position along with long-term stability and piece of mind... it's making the most of a middling situation.  Jackson is set to be a UFA after this season and will be on a cheap as hell deal, and was a UDFA, so any sort of quality return at or above what the comp pick return (but coming a year earlier) would be massive ROI.  It would also free up money in future years to go after those premier FA's either prematurely via trade or on the market.

Big Rob has one more year after this before FA, but that assumes he plays the full deal out and doesn't retire himself.

I'm not drafting multiple OT's, but if the value is in an OT with 10-year starter ceiling and not at a more pressing need and a trade isn't available, we are going to have to address the tackle position sooner or later.  I'm not drafting an OT just to draft one though.  Basically, barring a guy falling due to injury concerns or whathaveyou, when Day 2 ends, my interest in OT is spent for this year.

Also, low-key want... just to troll the everloving crap out of the Niners, if the value is there (like Rd 4 or after), I really kind of want us to draft Jerry Rice's kid so they have to cheer against him.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Pretty much my feeling.  There's no one of great consequence that I think we need so greatly as to need to move into the Top 10 for.  No out-and-out blue chip CB.  No high-ceiling EDGE guy that isn't without the sort of flags that should drag him down in value among the safer (if perhaps slightly lower ceiling guys).  No utterly outstanding scheme fits for us.

OT is all about value for me.  If there is no high ceiling EDGE guy left available at 19 and no favorable trade-back option and Fuaga is available, I'm willing to bite because he does fit what we do on offense really well and while, yes, we have A-Jack and Boom, their contract status, coupled with ability to get 4-5 years of affordability at the premium position along with long-term stability and piece of mind... it's making the most of a middling situation.  Jackson is set to be a UFA after this season and will be on a cheap as hell deal, and was a UDFA, so any sort of quality return at or above what the comp pick return (but coming a year earlier) would be massive ROI.  It would also free up money in future years to go after those premier FA's either prematurely via trade or on the market.

Big Rob has one more year after this before FA, but that assumes he plays the full deal out and doesn't retire himself.

I'm not drafting multiple OT's, but if the value is in an OT with 10-year starter ceiling and not at a more pressing need and a trade isn't available, we are going to have to address the tackle position sooner or later.  I'm not drafting an OT just to draft one though.  Basically, barring a guy falling due to injury concerns or whathaveyou, when Day 2 ends, my interest in OT is spent for this year.

Also, low-key want... just to troll the everloving crap out of the Niners, if the value is there (like Rd 4 or after), I really kind of want us to draft Jerry Rice's kid so they have to cheer against him.

Id take Ricky Pearsall over Brenden Rice

8 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Id take Ricky Pearsall over Brenden Rice

So would I, but Ricky Pearsall is going to go in the first 3 rounds - as do most WR's who break the 4.42s speed threshold.  And, while I know a number of y'all feel like we absolutely need to come out of this draft early with a WR, I feel like that's a luxury that isn't going to align with maximizing value on our premium picks (or even close to maximizing).

2017 - gerald everett
2018 - joseph noteboom
2019 - TAYLOR RAPP
2020 - cam akers
2021 - tutu atwell
2022 - logan bruss
2023 - steve avila

snead/mcvay picked once a defense guy first (after trading down twice)

this is sean mcvays team. offense will be the focus.
i still believe they will trade up into the top 10 or top 5 to get a wr or the te.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

On DraftKings right now....

Rams first draft pick:

Defensive Line/EDGE -225

Cornerback +380

O-Linemen +550

WR +1200

QB +2000

I'd definitely be taking a stab at WR if I could bet on the draft in PA. Hate missing out on it. 

On 4/12/2024 at 10:13 AM, Rrrrrrrams said:

2017 - gerald everett
2018 - joseph noteboom
2019 - TAYLOR RAPP
2020 - cam akers
2021 - tutu atwell
2022 - logan bruss
2023 - steve avila

snead/mcvay picked once a defense guy first (after trading down twice)

this is sean mcvays team. offense will be the focus.
i still believe they will trade up into the top 10 or top 5 to get a wr or the te.

I could see that. Who would it be if that were the case? Brock Bowers is a good option if I were liking to trade up. We need a TE and he’s a generational type. Think of all the things McVay could do with him Kupp and Nacua. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JonStark said:

I'd definitely be taking a stab at WR if I could bet on the draft in PA. Hate missing out on it. 

I through $10 on it. I can see us moving into the top 10 for Dunze. I also wouldnt be mad if Brock Bowers fell into our laps at #19. Idc about Parkinson, Allen, or Higbee's cap implications in the short term. He could be a generational TE. 

• Like 1

"“I'll go on record with something of a guarantee here,” says Schrager, “If the Rams do not trade back, you better believe Sean McVay's first-ever first-round selection will be an offensive player.”

Schrager is very good friends with McVay. I trust this. 

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I through $10 on it. I can see us moving into the top 10 for Dunze. I also wouldnt be mad if Brock Bowers fell into our laps at #19. Idc about Parkinson, Allen, or Higbee's cap implications in the short term. He could be a generational TE. 

I want an EDGE in the worst way, but if Bowers happens to fall, he'd be my pick for sure. 

• Like 1

i think it would be odd to draft a guy in the first round to be the fourth guy on a depth chart and you have to start hoecht at edge.

i mean, sure it will be an offensive guy, thats what i said too but an ot?

in the end i am cool with any guy they pick, even if it's a kicker, but god i hope they told schrager "you can post that we will for sure 100000% draft an offense guy but if you dare to post we will trade up we are done!"
hehe.