Eagles trade for S Kevin Byard

TheRealMcCoy

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Has Byard been noticeably better than Evans this year?

We will find out when Byard gets a chance to play with this Eagles Defense. You honestly believe Evans would thrive as a Titan the past 6 weeks?

Do you think Buddah Baker would look better as a Cardinal or Eagle?

Supporting cast along with a "winning culture" which has all but disappeared in Tennessee,  matters.

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You honestly believe Evans would thrive as a Titan the past 6 weeks?

Quote me where I said that

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Do you think Buddah Baker would look better as a Cardinal or Eagle?

The same, unless you're talking sexiness.

Edited by Jeezla

18 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Has Byard been noticeably better than Evans this year?

Even if he hasn't, (I haven't watched 2023 Byard) I think it's fair to give him the benefit of the doubt of being better than a guy with 29 career starts, 4 career interceptions, 12 career PD, and had to sit out 3 years in the middle of his 7 year career. Dying on the Justin Evans > Kevin Byard hill or the Justin Evans = Kevin Byard hill are some questionable maneuvers but.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Even if he hasn't, (I haven't watched 2023 Byard) I think it's fair to give him the benefit of the doubt of being better than a guy with 29 career starts, 4 career interceptions, 12 career PD, and had to sit out 3 years in the middle of his 7 year career. Dying on the Justin Evans > Kevin Byard hill or the Justin Evans = Kevin Byard hill are some questionable maneuvers but.

I think dying on the "People automatically play better when they come here" hill is even odder.

What's more likely? A guy slows down at age 30, or Byard is just coasting because his team sucks, even though the Titans sucked last year too.

Edited by Jeezla

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think dying on the "People automatically play better when they come here" hill is even odder.

What's more likely? A guy slows down at age 30, or Byard is just coasting because his team sucks, even though the Titans sucked last year too.

What?

Are we really suggesting that playing in Philly behind the best DL in the league and much better CB's won't make his job much easier and allow him to play better? That doesn't mean he hasn't slowed from his prime, but I will wait to see it before making that assessment. Funny how he is an All-Pro in 2021 when the Titans have a great defense and then his play suddenly starts to decline as the team around him does. Crazy how that works....

I am very confident he will play better here than he has this year.... The only question is how much better?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

What?

Are we really suggesting that playing in Philly behind the best DL in the league and much better CB's won't make his job much easier and allow him to play better? That doesn't mean he hasn't slowed from his prime, but I will wait to see it before making that assessment. Funny how he is an All-Pro in 2021 when the Titans have a great defense and then his play suddenly starts to decline as the team around him does. Crazy how that works....

I am very confident he will play better here than he has this year.... The only question is how much better?

Same, I'm just not confident in that second part. Sometimes people fall off regardless of situation, but hopefully Byard balls out. I just don't think it's likely. 30 years old is a normal age for a safety to fall off, and it should take a couple weeks to absorb the playbook and be able to play with the confidence he had in Tennessee, where he can just react instead of think. I also don't think Justin Evans has stunk, he just hasn't been good. Byard certainly won't be any worse, I just don't assume that it's a guaranteed upgrade at this stage in Byards career.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

What?

100% agreed. I think he’s gonna make a bigger impact on the eagles defense. Dude is now playing for the eagles which is his hometown team, in a scheme that will prioritize his strengths, with a great DL and good cornerbacks and a good young safety. Oh and they currently have the best record in the league. 

So he’s gonna probably enjoy being an eagle, be comfortable in the scheme, and can trust that his teammates will execute their job correctly. Plus, QBs will be rushing throws quite often.

I think he’s gonna be a real good fit and a huge upgrade. Like you said, it’s only a matter of how good will he be?

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

When did I say people automatically play better when they come here? Are there more examples of him being an upgrade on Evans or a downgrade? And to answer your question, probably the coasting thing. Especially for a team that he previously had bad blood with. Do you really honestly deep down think this dude isn't going to play better than Justin Evans? Like really?

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Same, I'm just not confident in that second part. Sometimes people fall off regardless of situation, but hopefully Byard balls out. I just don't think it's likely. 30 years old is a normal age for a safety to fall off.

He might’ve fallen off a bit, true, but he’s a young 30 (turned 30 like 2 months ago). Safeties usually fall off a bit around this age but I wouldn’t expect a complete nose dive in production. Even last year he was a very good player.

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Same, I'm just not confident in that second part. Sometimes people fall off regardless of situation, but hopefully Byard balls out. I just don't think it's likely. 30 years old is a normal age for a safety to fall off, and it should take a couple weeks to absorb the playbook and be able to play with the confidence he had in Tennessee, where he can just react instead of think.

He might have lost a step. It is possible that his play this year has declined and it is entirely his fault... But my guess is going from a top 5 defense in 2021 to a bottom 10 one in 2023 is a big part of that.

Guy was an All-Pro 2 years ago. Sure he might not play at that high of a level here, but I find it really hard to believe he is a JAG like Justin Evans now.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

33 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Quote me where I said that

The same, unless you're talking sexiness.

Why are you asking if Byard has been better then Evans when nether play on the same team?

What Kevin has done on that Titans team means nothing! Just say , I hate older players they all suck. 

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

But my guess is going from a top 5 defense in 2021 to a bottom 10 one in 2023 is a big part of that.

Maybe he's part of the reason they aren't as good anymore. A lot can change in 1 year. Not saying he for sure can't rebound, it's just not guaranteed. I like the move, I just don't think it's slam dunk needle mover. I am happy with the trade tho.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why are you asking if Byard has been better then Evans when nether play on the same team?

Doesn't that logic imply we can't say AJ Brown is better than McLaurin, because they don't play on the same team? Are you drunk?

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1