Eagles trade for S Kevin Byard

TheRealMcCoy

Nice add, don’t love losing two picks next year…but we need the help this year. Glad it’s not a half season rental.

Reed and him, with Brown working under them is much better.

also praise Howie that I never need to see Edmunds play back there any more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Nice add, don’t love losing two picks next year…but we need the help this year. Glad it’s not a half season rental.

Reed and him, with Brown working under them is much better.

also praise Howie that I never need to see Edmunds play back there any more.

The way I see it is the eagles are receiving 3-5 extra comp picks next year anyway so this is howie just trading away extra picks and a ****ty player for a guy that not too long ago was considered one of the best in the league. 

Just now, Jays3 said:

The way I see it is the eagles are receiving 3-5 extra comp picks next year anyway so this is howie just trading away extra picks and a ****ty player for a guy that not too long ago was considered one of the best in the league. 

Yep, comp picks make it go down smooth

Byard is a good player, I’m not as worried this will be another Quinn/Tate situation.

13 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

We're receiving 4.

That is the maximum of what you're allowed in 1 year unless you're also getting comp picks from having a minority hired away as HC/GM.

Here is a look at our draft picks now:

Round  How acquired 
Eagles' own pick 
Eagles' own pick 
From Saints 
Projected compensatory pick 
From Vikings or Buccaneers 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Sounds like a solid guy for Sydney to lean on. I do hope they don't completely put him on the pine now that Byard is here.

Yeah, like I said in my post from the other day which I quoted on the 1st page of this thread... hopefully Sydney will be used in 3 safety sets as the guy playing closer to the LOS.

I also said in the Titans forum thread on the trade that I think Byard is a good mentor for Brown as he has played a lot less traditional safety. He could've definitely learned from watching and talking to Reed, but having a long time vet to lean on is so invaluable.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We're receiving 4.

That is the maximum of what you're allowed in 1 year unless you're also getting comp picks from having a minority hired away as HC/GM.

Here is a look at our draft picks now:

Round  How acquired 
Eagles' own pick 
Eagles' own pick 
From Saints 
From Vikings or Buccaneers 

It’s a bit top heavy but howie usually likes to create later draft picks anyway by trading back a few spots with the higher picks. I’m expecting that to happen again.

Byard isn't the player he once was, but he's still a massive upgrade over all other options that were currently on the roster to start opposite Reed.  It's a very good move for the Eagles.  For the Titans? Has to sting that's the best they could do for one of their best players.

• Like 1