Eagles trade for S Kevin Byard

TheRealMcCoy

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Doesn't that logic imply we can't say AJ Brown is better than McLaurin, because they don't play on the same team? Are you drunk?

You high? AJ is better because he plays on a better team, with a better QB. 

Much like Byard will undoubtedly play better as a Eagle, surrounded by this supporting cast instead of Tennessee's. 

Puff , puff give!

Edited by Nabbs4u

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'm not assuming it's a guarantee he will. You make it sound like Evans was hot garbage for us.

An entire fan base is upset over trading this guy. How many games has Evans even played for us? How many snaps? How many chances has he really had to be exposed? You really think he wouldn't have eventually been exposed? That's not to mention his arguably league-worst injury history. At his very least bare bones value, Byard starts every game for you and gives you continuity on the back end. He feels like their version of Malcolm Jenkins. A consummate professional.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You high? AJ is better because he plays on a better team, with a better QB. 

Much like Byard will undoubtedly play better as a Eagle, surrounded by this supporting cast instead of Tennessee's. 

Puff , puff give!

So we can only compare players in equivalent situations? 

21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Maybe he's part of the reason they aren't as good anymore. A lot can change in 1 year. Not saying he for sure can't rebound, it's just not guaranteed. I like the move, I just don't think it's slam dunk needle mover. I am happy with the trade tho.

You're happy to acquire an equal or slightly better Justin Evans? You're easy to please lol

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

You're happy to acquire an equal or slightly better Justin Evans? You're easy to please lol

it got Edmunds out of town, so big win imo. You don't need a CGJ level safety, they just can't be cheeks. Evans wasn't great or even good, but he wasn't cheeks. Edmunds was cheeks.

Edited by Jeezla

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'm expecting Byard to be equal or maybe a tiny bit better than Evans, but that's considerably better than Edmunds. Don't think he'll be on the team after June 1st, but he's a nice band aid for this season.

I think Evans was doing better than my expectations of him, but to say Byard will only be a tiny bit better is probably gonna be inaccurate. 

Its a decent upgrade on anything we had outside of Blankenship. I like Evans much more as a back-up and a solid guy on special teams.

• Like 1

Was watching this Chris Long's interview with Jeff Fisher and they spoke on the Byard trade as it happened and this is what Fisher said:

"He played at such a high level and its hard now for him, because he's doing so much in that defense cause he's got so many young guys. He's getting everybody lined up and the ball is snapped. Ordinarily speaking if people are experienced back there they are getting themselves lined up. Everybody is looking. Everybody knows what's going on and now they're anticipating and going out and making a play. Kevin is not being able to go out and make those plays, because of that.

I'd say right now based on the Titans record and where they are as a team and Philly and where they are. Philly is gonna benefit from this trade and use the immediate help."

Pretty much what we had been saying in previous pages about how the better supporting cast in front of him should help him be able to make more plays on the ball or at least that's the hope.

Fisher and Long also talked about the Dolphins/Eagles game in this segment earlier on too.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Was watching this Chris Long's interview with Jeff Fisher and they spoke on the Byard trade as it happened and this is what Fisher said:

Pretty much what we had been saying in previous pages about how the better supporting cast in front of him should help him be able to make more plays on the ball or at least that's the hope.

Fisher and Long also talked about the Dolphins/Eagles game in this segment earlier on too.

Exactly what I’ve been saying. With better players around you, you literally don’t have to worry as much about them and their assignment. You can trust that they will do things correctly and focus strictly on your own assignment.