Week 8: San Francisco 49ers vs Cincinnati Bengals

J-ALL-DAY

Ward is typically money on those deep balls to the sideline and he will need to be on his game this week against Chase. 

Purdy or no Purdy, the run game needs to be better. CMC has been held in check in three consecutive games on the ground and that needs to change this game. 

Hoping Williams will return to hold Hendrickson in check but I think the team elects to hold him out until after the bye week....Which would be perfectly understandable.

No excuses for Bosa not to have two sacks this week, especially with how much Burrow likes to go deep. 

6 hours ago, NFL Network said:

That's the thing all I seen during the Shannahan/Lynch tenure has been watching this team come up short and it's getting tiresome. When Eddie DeBartelo owned this team he wouldn't stand for this as winning a SB was the only acceptable outcome.

Then stop investing your time in the NFL. No one is forcing you to watch the games right? 

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Then stop investing your time in the NFL. No one is forcing you to watch the games right? 

The Niners are my team of choice but I watch all the other NFL games b/c I choose to since the NFL is my league of choice. If I see something I don't like about it I have a choice in the matter as to what I have to say about it the same as if I see something I do like about it I have a choice in what I say about it. Tonight I'm furious at the fact that Bucs refuse to defend Josh Allen and are thus letting the Bills carve them up. I'm a Bills hater btw and that's my choice in the matter!

48 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

The Niners are my team of choice but I watch all the other NFL games b/c I choose to since the NFL is my league of choice. If I see something I don't like about it I have a choice in the matter as to what I have to say about it the same as if I see something I do like about it I have a choice in what I say about it. Tonight I'm furious at the fact that Bucs refuse to defend Josh Allen and are thus letting the Bills carve them up. I'm a Bills hater btw and that's my choice in the matter!

Yup, as long as you recognize you're choosing to invest your time in something that you have no control over, makes you consistently irritated to the point that it's getting "tiresome", can decide to stop viewing for the elixir but won't, then it's all gravy. :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

40 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

F you Bosa. You were selfish and it cost the team. 

No I don’t wanna argue. I’ve said my piece in how I feel about hold outs in the past. I love this team more than any single player, and yes, I typically blame the player and think there’s a better way than holding out. 

So f you Bosa, and if it costs you and/or your team, it’s well deserved. 

Still one of my favorites of course. 

3 hours ago, NFL Network said:

I’ve seen tantrums like this from my 8 year old. When he was 4. I explained to my 4 year old that if the others don’t want you around, just walk away.  I still think that’s solid advice today. 

Let me know if I can help. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, straighthate said:

F you Bosa. You were selfish and it cost the team. 

No I don’t wanna argue. I’ve said my piece in how I feel about hold outs in the past. I love this team more than any single player, and yes, I typically blame the player and think there’s a better way than holding out. 

So f you Bosa, and if it costs you and/or your team, it’s well deserved. 

Still one of my favorites of course. 

49ers could have just ponied up waaaaayyyy earlier though. Nick was in the rare position of leverage. A part of me wants to be bitter, but at the same time every dude gotta look out for themselves. Just a bummer all-around.

On the other hand Chris Jones is still making an impact for the Chiefs despite him also waiting until the 12th hour. So I don't know. Bosa was going on a dry spell to close out 2022 also. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Not just that, but its taking superhman efforts to beat us. Against us, Dustin Hopkins was the AFC ST's player of the week, Cameron Bynum was the Defensive Player of the Week, Jordan Addison was the Offensive Rookie of the week or something like that. Amari Cooper had a sideline grab in the Browns game that was rated as one of the most improbable completions this season, saw something like that in the GDT. Addison literally ripped a 50/50 ball out of the CB's hands to score 

All that and still losing on the road by a combined 7 points