Week 8: San Francisco 49ers vs Cincinnati Bengals

J-ALL-DAY

55 minutes ago, straighthate said:

My apologies. A couple too many drinks last night and I’m embarrassed to say I picked a fight with a 12 year old. My apologies NFL Network, it won’t happen again. 

When you go 29 years without a SB win it makes me drink sometimes just to forget about not winning anything since 1994. The Niners could have zero SB trophies and folks will still feel good about the team just b/c they're a fan of the team. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Seth walder and ESPN have tracked it for a couple of years. Previously, Bosa hasn't been doubled a ton. I'm pretty sure ebukam got doubled last year more than Bosa. 

Different this year. He's at the top of some of the premiere pass rushers, tied with Parsons in terms of pass rush, but those guys are still performing. Bosa has a pretty soft win rate, tbh.  I'm not a huge fan of win rate being all encompassing (some of the data is mostly a who cares scenario where they aren't impacting the play)

Cool it's not just my feelings, I really think it is because we are stunting less, so it is easier to just double down the two best guys every play.  We tried to get Ekubam and McGill double teamed last year, to free up the other guys.  Creative alignments create single teams for Bosa, and single teams on Bosa are better than double teams.

Bosa doesn't look as good this year, but nothing is quite clicking like it was in prior seasons.  I think just getting back to pressure looks on most passing downs would go a long way.  It's not about sending pressure, it's about manipulating the offensive line play calls to create space for our four linemen.  It's like we have gone from seeing the game in 3-d with Ryans, to on paper with Wilks.

On 10/26/2023 at 8:24 AM, NinerNation21 said:

Guys, I figured it out. Purdy with a concussion looks a lot like normal Jimmy. Maybe Jimmy has been playing with a concussion for 5 years. 

it is pretty funny that Purdy gets generally zero blame for losing to the Browns and Vikings while throwing 3 picks, avg like 20 a game on the most talented offense in the nfl and playing generally like s**t 

while steve wilkes is being nailed to a cross right now while his defense have given up just 19 and 22 points in 2 losses.

if trey lance played like purdy did the last 2 weeks we'd be trading him to Siberia right now. 

god forbid we criticize the golden white boy

Edited by Herodreamer79

29 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

it is pretty funny that Purdy gets generally zero blame for losing to the Browns and Vikings while throwing 3 picks, avg like 20 a game on the most talented offense in the nfl and playing generally like s**t 

while steve wilkes is being nailed to a cross right now while his defense have given up just 19 and 22 points in 2 losses.

if trey lance played like purdy did the last 2 weeks we'd be trading him to Siberia right now. 

Really because I hear a ton about how Purdy isn't good enough, just a product of the system, etc. Meanwhile QB play and offense across the league is way down..  we've seen Brock struggle in 2 games out of 20ish games, I think he's earned a bit of a leash. Especially when you have a rookie kicker missing in both losses

What would you have done this year? Trade Lance, keep him as the backup, or start him over Purdy? 

38 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

We don't do this in here. This is a full stop. we don't bring race into this conversation period. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I was watching pre-game with Mike Nolan, and he stated that both of these teams were ready to play a football game.

Good to hear. I had been searching all over the place and couldn’t find out this information. Came here specifically to learn exactly that. I will tune into the game now knowing this crucial information. 

• Like 1