Trade Deadline scuttle and chatter

Forge

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

If the price is a second and fifth for that level of rental, I'm happy sitting right or scraping the bottom of the barrel

I mean they likely get back a 3rd rounder after what Williams signs for in the offseason....If he does indeed leave.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean they likely get back a 3rd rounder after what Williams signs for in the offseason....If he does indeed leave.

They may get a third....that kind of contract seems steep for what he does at 30 years old. He's not the pass rusher he used to be or like Hargrave is.

It also means that they can't sign their own free agent like that, which isn't nothing. 

But the FA market next year is pretty soft, so maybe. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

They may get a third....that kind of contract seems steep for what he does at 30 years old. He's not the pass rusher he used to be or like Hargrave is.

It also means that they can't sign their own free agent like that, which isn't nothing. 

But the FA market next year is pretty soft, so maybe. 

Seattle has always risked these types of moves. I don't think they are particularly a contender but they see the NFC is kind of open so why not go for it? 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Seattle has always risked these types of moves. I don't think they are particularly a contender but they see the NFC is kind of open so why not go for it? 

I think they are about to attempt to run more 5 man fronts and hope their secondary is able to lock it up man/man. Assumption but I could be wrong. Having DLine depth doesn’t hurt, right Lynch…cough Montez Sweat, cough! 

28 minutes ago, N4L said:

What a dumb f*cking rule. Its like the league doesn't want to process the paperwork or something. sheesh. 

IMO that means the 49ers won't be trading for a Sweat, as they'd take on a lot of money for a 10 game rental. Or anyone making a lot, look for minimum deals, or low-ish amounts in a trade. Jaylon Johnson's base is just $2.993M, only have to pay 10 weeks worth of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49erscap said:

IMO that means the 49ers won't be trading for a Sweat, as they'd take on a lot of money for a 10 game rental. Or anyone making a lot, look for minimum deals, or low-ish amounts in a trade. Jaylon Johnson's base is just $2.993M, only have to pay 10 weeks worth of it.

Jaylon Johnson or donte Jackson at corner, uche at edge