Trade Deadline scuttle and chatter

Forge

6 hours ago, StevenK said:

Bolles maybe from Denver? But regardless, I agree OL rarely happen. 

I think it will be a nickel corner and another depth piece at edge as you mentioned. 

Jaylon Johnson would be nice, but I don’t think it will happen. Same with some people throwing out Hunter or Sweat. I feel like we would have to give up too much. 

Yeah, Nickel and Edge seem the two most likely.  

I think the team could stand to add the best offensive weapon available, and as long as they were a scheme fit, I think there are reps for a 5th skill guy behind the big 4.

I was just thinkin.  Some of the best player values in the NFL are elite runningbacks.  They are game changers for 12million.  For the price of just one Danny Dimes, A team could have CMC, Johnathan Taylor, and Saquan Barkley.  Maybe we should add one of those dudes.  They can both pick up the blitz and run hot routes, they are physically gifted and fit any system.  They would have a role no matter who was healthy, they would add a dynamic to the offense, and they would help keep CMC fresh.  If we are going to spend the 3rd on a RB, why not Saquan?  

I hate our annoying impass at RB.  We get gifted runners who are ok in the passing game, then Shanahan refuses to play them because of their blocking/hot routes.  Like, why can't we get backups that do the things we need them to do? 

It seems that running the ball is the third most important thing our running backs do in the current system.  If they can't deal with the blitz, then Shanahan doesn't put them on the field.  If those are the traits in a back that Shanahan wants, we should get running backs with those traits?!?

Right around cut time I made a case to keep Jack Coletto over the three named guy we got in the third round that gets three carries per year.  Nothing is wrong with the player Davis-Price, he's actually pretty impressive, but he just doesn't seem to read the blitz well, keep his feet under him on blocks, or read the proper hot routes.  Because of that he doesn't play, at all, ever.  It's cool we have that skill set on the roster, but if guys need to pick up the blitz to play, we need guys that can pick up the blitz.

It makes sense why, because Purdy.  Purdy needs somebody who will get to the spot on time.  He may be throwing blind or against an unblocked guy.  He will likely be throwing the pass as or before the guy makes his break.  If the player doesn't do the right thing almost all the time, it becomes a problem.  A guy cuts to the right, and the ball travels like he was cutting left, things happen, and not good things.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think we know some of the edge rushers that are available for trade but wonder what CB they are looking at? 

I dunno, but I'm very sad that they are just fine with the offensive line, apparently. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

I dunno, but I'm very sad that they are just fine with the offensive line, apparently. 

I think that's because there are no sellers of offensive linemen. Not anyone that's better than what we have anyway. I'd love another edge, and a cb.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't think it is that but more so the fact good OL just don't get moved midseason. 

The OL is what it is at this point. Brock is going to have to figure it out and I think he will. 

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think it is that but more so the fact good OL just don't get moved midseason. 

The OL is what it is at this point. Brock is going to have to figure it out and I think he will. 

Man, Laken Tomlinson was pretty good.  I feel like linemen require development from college, and they take a few weeks to gel with the guys around them.

I do not dispute we need more talent on the offensive line, I am just not sure if adding a more talented player at center or RG would help the unit.  

You could make a case that adding a tackle could help.

Ugh, I hate to suggest this, but he would make our team better.......Mike McGlinchy.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

*edit*

wrong tweet lol. 

Anyway, was just a post about Glazer saying that washington will move at least one of sweat / allen / chase. Florio indicates that Atlanta has offered a third for Sweat 

I’d love to bring in Chase. That’d be a very fun get.