The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

12 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This seems logical based on the reports that have come out:

Soo they are anticipating a suspension of Harbaugh greater than 2 games and a bunch of fines that essentially mean nothing. Seems like a halfstep measure by the B1G to give the other teams in the conference their pound of flesh. I'd almost rather nobody do anything right now and give the proper discipline by the NCAA in the offseason. 

Unless that is also going to come too regardless of what the B1G does right now

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Soo they are anticipating a suspension of Harbaugh greater than 2 games and a bunch of fines that essentially mean nothing. Seems like a halfstep measure by the B1G to give the other teams in the conference their pound of flesh. I'd almost rather nobody do anything right now and give the proper discipline by the NCAA in the offseason. 

Unless that is also going to come too regardless of what the B1G does right now

Whatever the big10 does is completely independent of what the ncaa does although I guess like self imposed punishments time served could come into play.  

Michigan is going to sue regardless of the severity of punishment big10 hands out and hope for and likely receive and injunction.  The big10 is acting on mob rule regardless of what any one thinks personally. The big10 has not conducted and investigation nor had it shown any signs of getting involved until coaches started complaining. That’s not how this is supposed to work. Due process is owed to all parties.  

It’s a bit of a game of chicken at this point. The coaches and AD’s huffing and puffing is one thing but once this thing goes to court school presidents could become open to deposition and possibly even discovery. Something they are unlikely to want to deal with. 

20 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Whatever the big10 does is completely independent of what the ncaa does although I guess like self imposed punishments time served could come into play.  

Which is why I guess Im somewhat confused on why UM hasnt handled any of this internally to stop the bleeding a bit or at least soften the NCAA/B1G punishment that is going to happen. The fact the university itself hasnt stepped in is head scratching, almost like the university is turning its head and letting the football program handle this independently (unless I missed it).

I just find the Universities lack of involvement/cooperation/assertiveness in this a bit strange considering they have access to everything that happens on their systems. You think the President of the university wants this type of attention on their school, let alone just their football program? Im shocked they havent been the ones to spearhead this investigation since the University is MUCH larger than the football team.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Which is why I guess Im somewhat confused on why UM hasnt handled any of this internally to stop the bleeding a bit or at least soften the NCAA/B1G punishment that is going to happen. The fact the university itself hasnt stepped in is head scratching, almost like the university is turning its head and letting the football program handle this independently (unless I missed it).

I just find the Universities lack of involvement/cooperation/assertiveness in this a bit strange considering they have access to everything that happens on their systems. You think the President of the university wants this type of attention on their school, let alone just their football program? Im shocked they havent been the ones to spearhead this investigation since the University is MUCH larger than the football team.

https://www.outkick.com/email-from-michigan-president-to-big-ten-commissioner-leaked-due-process-matters/

They are. They’ve done there homework and are the ones threatening to sue.  The president’s letter is pretty passive aggressively threatening.  This entire thing is a soap opera that no one seems to really know what’s really going on.  Supposedly the two sides spent the better part of Sunday negotiating and both sides sharing there evidence with one another yet neither side is budging……yet. Like I said it seems to be a game of chicken.  Supposedly the punishment was coming today, now it’s pushed back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It seems like the attitude has shifted from "we dint do nuffin" to "we might be guilty but if you punish us, we'll sue you!!"

Am I the only one reading it that way?

I think the football program has came to terms that there WILL be punishment one way or another that they cant get out of. Because of this, they are now in damage control trying to dictate when/where/how the punishment is given so it doesnt effect this season in their championship window.

Almost like "We know our ship is going to be sank, but let us win a championship first to sooth the pain after you fire the cannons at us"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It seems like the attitude has shifted from "we dint do nuffin" to "we might be guilty but if you punish us, we'll sue you!!"

Am I the only one reading it that way?

Your just adding in the we might be guilty part. Sounds more like there saying to this point your evidence is less than compelling and we are banking on a court of law agreeing.