The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

11 minutes ago, Raves said:

@AkronsWitness why he can refuse is because the NCAA/Michigan/B1G has no legal authority to actually force cooperation.  The most that they can do is indefinitely suspend him from being a member of any collegiate athletic staff going forward until he agrees to cooperate.

THANK YOU. My follow up would be at what level could the NCAA get legal authority to bring him in? I know they are not because they dont want the distraction, but hypothetically if the NCAA decided you dont poke the bear and compromise the product of a multi-billion dollar industry (especially when peoples money with sports betting is involved)--could they? and at what point would this need to get to for them to take that step?

Edited by AkronsWitness

21 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

THANK YOU. My follow up would be at what level could the NCAA get legal authority to bring him in? I know they are not because they dont want the distraction, but hypothetically if the NCAA decided you dont poke the bear and compromise the product of a multi-billion dollar industry (especially when peoples money with sports betting is involved)--could they? and at what point would this need to get to for them to take that step?

It would actually have to start with Michigan or another school in some theory I suppose.  If the ncaa was being sued in a court of law Stallions could potentially be subpoenaed.  He could also claim the 5th in just about every relevant question asked of him. 

Side note for anyone who cares and I should have picked up on this considering all the leaked pictures didn’t show a signature.  But non of the Stallions fraudulent LLC documents contain a signature from Corum either in person or E 

Edited by BigC421/

34 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Pretty bad when Jim Harbaugh makes Brett Bielema seem like a man of integrity

https://x.com/matthewcstevens/status/1722675728762683725?s=20

Especially considering an Illinois assistant coach ratted out Walters for having all of Michigan’s signals ahead time for that 2022 game.  Me and my buddies see we have a good ole boys network that share information with the intention of giving us a competitive advantage over our opponents and that’s totally cool but if someone we’ve excluded from our good ole boys network is going out and getting our information on there own, that’s just despicable. 

Totally unrelated but I found this article hilarious for anyone who hasn’t pretended to block me 

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-college-football-bret-bielema-troll-king/

Just when I thought this scandal wasn't going to be stupid for one day.

F-gUnruXoAAvnkg?format=jpg&name=large

F-gUr1IWwAAmihk?format=jpg&name=large

Meanwhile...

https://mgoblog.com/diaries/legal-analysis-big-ten-rules-don't-allow-insta-punishment-michigan\

In investigations initiated by the NCAA, the Big Ten rules require the conference to wait for the NCAA investigation and any appeals to be finished and for the NCAA to levy a penalty first, at which time the Big Ten can choose to pile on (key language italicized):

32.2.2(C) NCAA Initiated Cases. The Compliance and Reinstatement Subcommittee shall review violations by member universities as determined by the NCAA and may impose penalties in addition to those imposed by the NCAA for any violations.

1. Where the NCAA initiates a preliminary or official inquiry with a member university the Conference will cooperate with university and NCAA representatives in the processing of that case through the normal NCAA investigation, hearing and appeal processes.

2. While the case will be processed through normal NCAA channels, the Conference Compliance and Reinstatement Subcommittee shall review the case and may impose additional penalties, if warranted, subsequent to the NCAA action.

That provision is unambiguous and lists no exceptions. There is no rule in the conference handbook that would allow the Commissioner to bypass the NCAA (and the Big Ten's Compliance and Reinstatement Subcommittee) because the Commissioner feels peer-pressured to act quickly.

The Big Ten Sportsmanship Policy

The Sportsmanship Policy just replaces one set of provisions in the Handbook ("Agreement 10"); it exists alongside the enforcement provisions described above. In fact, Rule 32 in the Handbook (discussed above) begins by noting:

Also See Men's and Women's Agreement 10 for Policies & Procedures on Sportslike Conduct ...

The Sportsmanship Policy is much broader and vaguer in scope than Rule 32. The Sportsmanship Policy's key language describing its scope is as follows; I've replaced unnecessary language with ellipses and added a paragraph break for clarity.

The Big Ten Conference expects all contests involving a member institution to be conducted without compromise to any fundamental element of sportsmanship. Such fundamental elements include integrity of the competition, civility toward all, and respect, particularly toward opponents and officials. Accordingly, each member institution ... has an obligation to behave in a way that does not offend the elements of sportsmanship described above.

Actions that are offensive to the integrity of the competition, actions that offend civility, and actions of disrespect are subject to review and are punishable in accordance with the terms of this policy.

Notice anything?

Harbaugh's attorney is plagiarizing blogs.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Meanwhile...

https://mgoblog.com/diaries/legal-analysis-big-ten-rules-don't-allow-insta-punishment-michigan\

Notice anything?

The author is a certified attorney and offered advice freely. Not legal advice of course.  The Michigan difference.  You people will really reach for anything. Any lawyer that would take the time to go threw the rule book would find the same thing. It’s written right there. How do you think law practice works? 

Big10 coaches threw a fit and wanted the commissioner to act as judge jury and executioner without any evidence.  Being the rookie he is he succumbed to the pressure and gave it a shot.  Michigan bluntly told him you neither have the authority or the evidence to do much of anything.  Michigan didn’t have any competitive advantage, get over it. Play the games and let the best team win. 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Meanwhile...

Notice anything?

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Meanwhile...

Notice anything?

Or, and go with me on this:

85iib5.jpg

• Like 2