The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

42 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah maybe that has a little bit more to do with winning than stealing a freaking signal or two

If it is determined they only stole one or two signs illegally then this will be dropped

43 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

which is even done during the actual freaking games.  You do not need to buy tickets to go to opponents games, why not just do it in the 1st and 2nd quarter when you are playing them...   

They all do this, it is legal. Obviously it couldn't be controlled anyway so it has to be legal.

44 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Do not pretend that does not happen

It does happen

44 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

oh but Michigan is the only program in college football history that scouts opponents and tries to get an edge and steal a sign or a play or a signal....

Probably not the only one, but they got caught.

There is a huge difference trying to figure out signs as the game is going on with only people on the sideline that are allowed to be there and going into a game already knowing the signs. I'd say it is a huge advantage and it will likely show up the rest of the way. I think with having to get all new signs on the run and have the opposing team remember them we will see a lot of confusion at times with the UM opponents but it won't be the disadvantage of UM knowing when there is a pass/run play on offense and the defensive play calls against their offense.

36 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

OK so worst since Baylor I guess.

While I have been against Harbaugh on this there still is not the evidence to suggest the Big Ten acted right here. 

I fully believe the NCAA will get there but now Big Ten looks like the one without integrity in all of this. It's sad really 

26 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

While I have been against Harbaugh on this there still is not the evidence to suggest the Big Ten acted right here. 

I fully believe the NCAA will get there but now Big Ten looks like the one without integrity in all of this. It's sad really 

Not sure what's wrong, The B1G received the green light from the NCAA because they have evidence to 'put them away'. Since the sign stealing impacted games this season and the B1G having the ability to not wait until next year to issue punishment, they gave them a slap on the wrist for this year until the NCAA gets a hold of them in the offseason where the big punishment will happen

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Not sure what's wrong, The B1G received the green light from the NCAA because they have evidence to 'put them away'. Since the sign stealing impacted games this season and the B1G having the ability to not wait until next year to issue punishment, they gave them a slap on the wrist for this year until the NCAA gets a hold of them in the offseason where the big punishment will happen

The NCAA has yet to provide anything if substance. That is issue. If they don't end up having it UM will own the Big Ten after this as will players with lawsuits.

Just a dumb decision at this point. 

8 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

The NCAA has yet to provide anything if substance. That is issue. If they don't end up having it UM will own the Big Ten after this as will players with lawsuits.

The substance is there for the whole world to see. UM isn't innocent, may as well let that go. The only questions are how intensive it was and what the punishment will be.

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

What’s the solution when the integrity of the competition is compromised though and you’re in the middle of the season?

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The substance is there for the whole world to see. UM isn't innocent, may as well let that go. The only questions are how intensive it was and what the punishment will be.

I never said they were innocent. I've been very vocal about that. I'm also going to be vocal about how it's being handled 

29 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

The NCAA is in possession of the majority of Stalions documentation outlining his plans, travel schedule for his minions, amount of money paid to his minions for being at these games, the names of the minions who were at these games doing advanced scouting, a paper trail of purchased tickets forwarded to these minions, information (including video) of recording opposing teams signs sent back to Stalions and evidence he was working/communicating directly with other  coaches on staff.

Michigan is done, the evidence is in hand of the NCAA that proves this entire operation in great detail and they didnt need to court order Connor Stalions to get it.

They just cant make it public yet because the NCAA is still in their investigation gathering MORE information. They can however tell the B1G that they have it so they can free and clear make a punishment knowing that there is evidence to back it up. Which is what happened to Harbaugh yesterday.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

The NCAA is in possession of the majority of Stalions documentation outlining his plans, travel schedule for his minions, amount of money paid to his minions for being at these games, the names of the minions who were at these games doing advanced scouting, a paper trail of purchased tickets forwarded to these minions, information (including video) of recording opposing teams signs sent back to Stalions and evidence he was working/communicating directly with other  coaches on staff.

Michigan is done, the evidence is in hand of the NCAA that proves this entire operation in great detail and they didnt need to court order Connor Stalions to get it.

They just cant make it public yet because the NCAA is still in their investigation gathering MORE information. They can however tell the B1G that they have it so they can free and clear make a punishment knowing that there is evidence to back it up. Which is what happened to Harbaugh yesterday.

All hearsay. All speculation.

while I believe they will get it to date they don't have it.

There is due process for a reason. Before I was totally against them not moving on this. But I'm more against them moving without ducks in row.

The Big Ten caved to pressure of other coaches coming up on UM schedule.

It's going to suck for Day if OSU doesn't win without Harbaugh. Think they had chance to beat Harbaugh this year. 

We shall see how it plays out. 

13 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

All hearsay. All speculation.

while I believe they will get it to date they don't have it.

There is due process for a reason. Before I was totally against them not moving on this. But I'm more against them moving without ducks in row.

The Big Ten caved to pressure of other coaches coming up on UM schedule.

It's going to suck for Day if OSU doesn't win without Harbaugh. Think they had chance to beat Harbaugh this year. 

We shall see how it plays out. 

Ohio State hasn't been good this year. Don't really know how much Harbaugh being there or not matters, he is still there all week long.

Blaming Day or others is just par for the course in this whole thing. No accountability at all just diversion and pointing fingers. Been pretty embarrassing and very offputting way to handle it from UM and their supporters.

I'm sure it will be all forgotten in a few years except the way they handled it.

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Ohio State hasn't been good this year. Don't really know how much Harbaugh being there or not matters, he is still there all week long.

Blaming Day or others is just par for the course in this whole thing. No accountability at all just diversion and pointing fingers. Been pretty embarrassing and very offputting way to handle it from UM and their supporters.

I'm sure it will be all forgotten in a few years except the way they handled it.

I didn't blame Day. I actually have not supported Michigan at all during this. 

Just the opposite. I've been the biggest UM supporter against UM. Might wanna read up a bit before assuming. 

However Pettiti admits he's seen no evidence which is a major issue. Big Ten admits they haven't see evidence. But bigger issue is they are talking player safety which now opens up for major lawsuits. 

Edited by detfan782004

1 minute ago, detfan782004 said:

I didn't blame Day. I actually have not supported Michigan at all during this. 

Just the opposite.

However Pettiti admits he's seen no evidence which is a major issue.

Many have, or at least used him and other schools as a diversion.

We've all seen evidence. The evidence is widely available. All of the documents are just extra confirmation, which isn't really needed because the dots are connecting themselves.

If ya ain't cheating ya ain't trying. Some people go by that mantra. Who cares who was really better as long as you can make people think you were better.

• Like 1