2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

51 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Williams then Harrison. Get 2 blue chip guys. Only way I trade down is to whoever's picking at 3. Let them get Maye and then take Harrison at 3.

With that being said I think Poles will trade down unfortunately.

I don’t think he’ll get the chance personally. I think we’ll win 1-2 more games over the final month and our own pick will end up in the 7-10 range, and honestly, I think that puts is right in Malik Nabers territory which is just fine with me. MHJ is a stud, but Nabers is too. 

Bears 2024 HC position is looking pretty good if someone wants it.  Best it’s looked since 80s. 

Poles also gets some credit for that.   A tank year is really tough to go through in this city.  Those feelings linger into next season as we have seen.  

A risky move that may yet cost him his job.  Or that of his HC.   

• Like 1

Congrats! Looks like the #1 overall pick is about a lock for you guys now. 

Who is it going to be? 

The bad news is Marvin Harrison Jr. is strongly considering going back to OSU. OSU is allegedly putting together a 25-million-dollar NIL deal for him. 

Edited by Old Guy

25 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Who is it going to be? 

The bad news is Marvin Harrison Jr. is strongly considering going back to OSU. OSU is allegedly putting together a 25-million-dollar NIL deal for him. 

I doubt that. The highest NIL paid anyone last year was 4.1M. No way Ohio State ups that by 6x

For the record that's 10M less than he'd get on his guaranteed deal in 6 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think he’ll get the chance personally. I think we’ll win 1-2 more games over the final month and our own pick will end up in the 7-10 range, and honestly, I think that puts is right in Malik Nabers territory which is just fine with me. MHJ is a stud, but Nabers is too. 

Yeah I think they'll beat Arizona myself. I guess Atlanta is possible but they'll have a ton to play for

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah I think they'll beat Arizona myself. I guess Atlanta is possible but they'll have a ton to play for

The Arizona game has been looming over me, wondering if the Bears could be playing themselves out of the #1 pick with a win.  For the first time ever; bless the Patriots and Bill Bellichiks grinchy shriveled heart. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Who is it going to be? 

There is no way unless you just LOVE college.  The 2nd NFL contract is where generational wealth is.  You need to get to that ASAP.   Not that 25 mil isn't big wealth.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Who is it going to be? 

It all depends on how Fields closes year.   I don't think a decision has been made.  Fields hasn't seized the job.  He hasn't  lost it yet either.  

I personally want him to look good and we trade #1 again and have another extra #1 again next year.  Maybe that team stinks and we do it all again next year.  Wouldn't that be something?  That what I have been saying since before last years draft.  

If he doesn't look good you have to take QB.  Then you have to think real hard about who is going to be that QBs HC.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I doubt that. The highest NIL paid anyone last year was 4.1M. No way Ohio State ups that by 6x

For the record that's 10M less than he'd get on his guaranteed deal in 6 months.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

There is no way unless you just LOVE college.  The 2nd NFL contract is where generational wealth is.  You need to get to that ASAP.   Not that 25 mil isn't big wealth.

I don't disagree with either of your takes on this. I'm just telling you what the rumors are. He has said he may come back for another shot to beat Michigan. 

For the record, Bryce Young got 37 million guaranteed for 4 years. IF they come up with 25 million for one year that is something to consider. If would completely change the NIL situation in college. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

It all depends on how Fields closes year.   I don't think a decision has been made.  Fields hasn't seized the job.  He hasn't  lost it yet either.  

I personally want him to look good and we trade #1 again and have another extra #1 again next year.  Maybe that team stinks and we do it all again next year.  Wouldn't that be something?  That what I have been saying since before last years draft.  

If he doesn't look good you have to take QB.  Then you have to think real hard about who is going to be that QBs HC.

Were Fields comments taken out of context this week? The sound bite made it sound like he was resigned to his fate. Not sure if that was a small portion of the overall interview, which reporters love to do, or if indeed he meant what the soundbite said. 

If comment was true, it seems he sort of resigned himself to the fact he was moving on after this year. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't disagree with either of your takes on this. I'm just telling you what the rumors are. He has said he may come back for another shot to beat Michigan. 

For the record, Bryce Young got 37 million guaranteed for 4 years. IF they come up with 25 million for one year that is something to consider. If would completely change the NIL situation in college. 

I would be shocked if he stayed in school.   I don't know what betting odds are, but I bet they are high and remain high against him staying.  Even with the rumors.