2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Hell, I'm just hoping for a single season where we look at our QB and know he's good, rather than hoping he might one day in the future be good.

I haven’t felt that way since Jim McMahon and minute I did he was always hurt.  

Gronk played at 6’6” 265 lb. By comparison Bowers looks to be about 6’3” and about 225 lb here. Bowers’ play style is basically like a big slot anyways, but if he’s 6’3” and 225 lb I think that could change where a lot of teams slot him on their draft boards. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Gronk played at 6’6” 265 lb. By comparison Bowers looks to be about 6’3” and about 225 lb here. Bowers’ play style is basically like a big slot anyways, but if he’s 6’3” and 225 lb I think that could change where a lot of teams slot him on their draft boards. 

If you draft him it is to be a receiving weapon.  

Here is the thing though.  Most of the big TEs in league can’t block for crap either.  

NFL DEs routinely destroy them.  They block LBs and DBs.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Here is the thing though.  Most of the big TEs in league can’t block for crap either.  

If that were true then why would Getsy have had Kmet single blocking Garrett? 🤔

• Like 2

Cowboys fan mock where we trade a million picks Ditka style and our first born child for Dak Prescott is officially worst mock for Bears I have seen.

But that is a fan.  

For a media person this is my official worst mock.  Granted she is doing some kind of analytic thing, but it is still profoundly stupid.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Cowboys fan mock where we trade a million picks Ditka style and our first born child for Dak Prescott is officially worst mock for Bears I have seen.

But that is a fan.  

For a media person this is my official worst mock.  Granted she is doing some kind of analytic thing, but it is still profoundly stupid.

Just saw that too - I like Alt for us… at 9. Crazy that the “analytics person” didn’t have us moving on from Fields given that the analytics tend to not favor him at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Oh, it wouldn’t change my opinion of him lol. He’s a dude, and we’d be lucky to have him. I’d take him at 9 without any concerns. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

If that were true then why would Getsy have had Kmet single blocking Garrett? 🤔

Kmet has developed into one of better blocking TEs too.  LOL

I don't know why Getsy had no concept of personnel on field when he called plays.  But he often didn't.

He often had worst blocking WRs blocking for screens and not optimal runners, etc.

His situational awareness was just terrible for short yardage and personnel for plays.   

You have a specialized 53 man roster of professionals.  This is their full time job and they have tons of help.  Plus people in booth talking to you.  Plus you are dealing with adults.

I had to keep track of all this for years with normal kid athletes with no help from anyone with 3-4 days a week practice. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Oh, it wouldn’t change my opinion of him lol. He’s a dude, and we’d be lucky to have him. I’d take him at 9 without any concerns. 

I might get scared.  Tweeners can be a thing.

But everytime I watched Georgia tape in 2022 for 2023 draft I would be watching someone else and you just kept noticing him.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

But that is a fan.  

Never thought NFL.com would need to run clickbait articles…

Either that or the writer is just flat out dumb.

• Like 1

The Score just played a clip of Merril Hodge eviscerating the idea of Caleb Williams being compared to Mahomes . Basically saying that people's opinion of him is inflated, that he doesn't appear to play well in a dirty pocket and that you have to be able to do that in the NFL.

11 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

The Score just played a clip of Merril Hodge eviscerating the idea of Caleb Williams being compared to Mahomes . Basically saying that people's opinion of him is inflated, that he doesn't appear to play well in a dirty pocket and that you have to be able to do that in the NFL.

I started listening about 6 seconds in and was like "Oh?" then went back and listened from the start where he said he only watched 3 games last year and 3 games this...I get the opinion but don't try and hammer the guy when you have done less research then probably any of us have done...6 total games I can find you ones that will make any QB look amazing or terrible.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I started listening about 6 seconds in and was like "Oh?" then went back and listened from the start where he said he only watched 3 games last year and 3 games this...I get the opinion but don't try and hammer the guy when you have done less research then probably any of us have done...6 total games I can find you ones that will make any QB look amazing or terrible.

I kinda heard it in the background while I was working and missed that he only watched 6 games. That does make a difference.

3 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Guh?  I do think that  comparing anyone to literally the best to ever do it is doing them dirty, but that specific criticism is flat dumb.  One of Caleb's skills is dealing with a dirty pocket, either be escaping or climbing if it's outside pressure (which Fields don't do)

The internet has warped our experience of processing information.  It's like we're at a bar and the loudest drunk who's taken too many head shots at the foundry is the guy we all listen to most and leading us around while we just get angry. Bring back ignoring that guy.  

• Like 2