2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

10 hours ago, refundmytickets said:

Sprinting is surprisingly technical. In short sprints you’re counting footsteps. 40 especially requires a good start. But no football player is starting from that position during a game or even the combine drills.

Excellent point. 

IMG-4813.jpg

Article in The Athletic this morning. Getting those medicals done prior to the start of FA? Would make a whole lot of sense for everyone…

The article is relying on a friend-of-a-friend saying he “saw” him getting out of a livery vehicle and is talking about the obsession over Williams Mania already, with the “source” chasing after the vehicle trying to verify it was in fact Williams.

(Detective @CBears019 definitely wants you not to do that kind of crazy thing)

What I took from it was, if the guy was correct, the Bears are doing exactly what we’d want and expect them to do in getting Williams’ medicals ASAP. Knowing where things stand there would seem to be a prerequisite for processing any Fields trade. 

• Like 1

DRAFT SELECTIONS

Caleb Williams Head Shot
PICK: 1 RND: 1 (CHI)
Caleb WILLIAMS
QB  USC

Rome Odunze Head Shot
PICK: 9 RND: 1 (CHI)
Rome ODUNZE
WR  Washington

Xavier Legette Head Shot
PICK: 75 RND: 3 (CHI)
Xavier LEGETTE
WR  South Carolina

Johnny Wilson Head Shot
PICK: 109 RND: 4 (CHI)
Johnny WILSON
WR  Florida State

Ben Sinnott Head Shot
PICK: 121 RND: 4 (CHI)
Ben SINNOTT
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Just wanted to show (according to sims) receiving options go deep into draft.  

I still think if Odunze or Nabers is there at 9 you take him.  

I would, but I’m a really big fan of Legette too after watching some of his film. He gets a lot of DK or AJ Brown comps, but I see a faster Anquan Boldin, who is one of my favorite WRs ever. I think he’s gonna end up going 2nd round. If he’s there at 75 I’d take him even if I’ve already taken Nabers/Odunze. 

• Like 1

Has Johnny Wilson fallen that far? I remember a few months back he was being talked about as a early 2nd rounder, fringe first round guy. I think we are going to see WRs go early and often this year, even more than recent years.

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

DRAFT SELECTIONS

Caleb Williams Head Shot
PICK: 1 RND: 1 (CHI)
Caleb WILLIAMS
QB  USC

Rome Odunze Head Shot
PICK: 9 RND: 1 (CHI)
Rome ODUNZE
WR  Washington

Xavier Legette Head Shot
PICK: 75 RND: 3 (CHI)
Xavier LEGETTE
WR  South Carolina

Johnny Wilson Head Shot
PICK: 109 RND: 4 (CHI)
Johnny WILSON
WR  Florida State

Ben Sinnott Head Shot
PICK: 121 RND: 4 (CHI)
Ben SINNOTT

If we can not trade the 1st overall, then I like your plan.  However, I would take a C/G and T in the 4th round.

No trading JF1 either, he is the starter lolz🤣

Edited by JibjeResearch

3 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

If we can not trade the 1st overall, then I like your plan.  However, I would take a C/G and T in the 4th round.

No trading JF1 either, he is the starter lolz🤣

👍

If we can't get a #2 for Fields, I feel like the odds of us trading down jump DRAMATICALLY. Been watching the top 30 visits, and a number of the guys are late round 1 and early round 2 guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

If we can't get a #2 for Fields, I feel like the odds of us trading down jump DRAMATICALLY. Been watching the top 30 visits, and a number of the guys are late round 1 and early round 2 guys.

I agree. I also think if there’s a guy Poles loves in R2 he could potentially use one of our 2s from next year to come up from 75 for a guy too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Epyon said:

Probably.  Still really hard to pass on Nabers or Odunze if there at 9.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

Exactly..... trading the draft picks for good Vets is a very good move.... especially for a win now mode.

The Bears are looking for a playoff spot next year, anything less will get somebody fired!

They are in win now mode I agree.  You can tell because Poles is willing to bring in older vets now.

I don’t think it is playoffs or bust.  You don’t keep a lame duck staff with number one overall pick in place.

Not even Bears could be that stupid.   

• Like 1