Worst moments in an otherwise great show/movie

Malfatron

7 hours ago, thrILL! said:

It was like an exec at HBO blindly made that decision as an override veto on the day of shooting.  The last character on the show you’d ever expect to be king (and for good reason) but the decision completely betrayed everything like a lazy gimmick.

It’s why it’s in the top 3 worst series finales of all time alongside Lost and HIMYM.

Yeah, it really didn't make sense. Everything else about the finale was fine for me, but I can't get past that. Had they just ended it before that scene it would've been great. 

• Like 2

I don't get why HBO didn't tell Benioff and Weiss to **** off when they said "We only want to do 13 more episodes" after season 6. HBO should have made them take the black and hired new show runners.

"Game of Thrones" was far too valuable to just bend to the will of those 2 and end prematurely. Plenty of shows switch show runners...including now "House of the Dragon" after just 1 season. A horrible decision.

• Like 7

On 11/7/2023 at 4:48 PM, Ray Reed said:

Also how bad was the characterization of Euron Greyjoy lol

Dude entered one of the GOAT dramatic shows up to that point and played it like a caricature of a jack sparrow impersonator at disney world 

I actually thought it was bam margolis for a while and was kinda impressed by his acting. But yeah, the books characterization has been done for you so it wouldnt have been difficult

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I hated when Dexter and Deb kissed. WTF.

There were several WTF moments late into Dexter, but that one was the "ok, this is going off the rails."

Agreed. I actually went back and rewatched it recently and as a whole, the hate it gets toward the end is overblown too, but the love angle and the final episode are so so bad. No getting around that. I think they redeemed themselves with New Blood though even some people are too biased to admit it. 

20 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

There were several WTF moments late into Dexter, but that one was the "ok, this is going off the rails."

Not this specifically but this is why I didn't watch it.

I wasn't in on it when it was on and was going to start it after it was over but heard the ending sucks so I just thought nah

Just now, fluhartz said:

Not this specifically but this is why I didn't watch it.

I wasn't in on it when it was on and was going to start it after it was over but heard the ending sucks so I just thought nah

The ending did suck. But then they brought the show back in an attempt to "right the wrong" and it was great!

...until the second ending, which was worse than the first. Ugh....

21 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Everything post Trinity Killer S4 was a mess in Dexter. it was set up for a big finale in season 5. Instead, they stretched it into 4 seasons of filler. End of season 5 where Deb can discover Dexter just behind a curtain, but leaves on principal only to make the entire story the next season about her finding out. They were reaching at that point. 

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Agreed. I actually went back and rewatched it recently and as a whole, the hate it gets toward the end is overblown too, but the love angle and the final episode are so so bad. No getting around that. I think they redeemed themselves with New Blood though even some people are too biased to admit it. 

The actor they choose to play Harrison ruined it for me. Annoying twerp with no likable qualities or charisma. He gets the satisfaction of offing his dad and you're like after 9 season, Dex goes out at the hands of his annoying son with a rifle?