Chase Young to Niners for conditional 3rd round pick

MikeT14

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I heard on ESPN that since the 49ers traded for Chase Young that they've had 15 sacks as a defense & it looks like Bosa has had 5 the last 3 games since they got Chase.

And? 

Correlation or Causation?

Example - Since I've painted a certain rock outside my house, one of my businesses has become more profitable.

Can they point to the 15 plays where Chase is causing this? Or is this correlation?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

And? 

Correlation or Causation?

Example - Since I've painted a certain rock outside my house, one of my businesses has become more profitable.

Can they point to the 15 plays where Chase is causing this? Or is this correlation?

Hey you wanna crap on it like their pass rush & Bosa haven't improved since Chase was traded there, have at it, but I'm just telling you their pass rush is better.

Bosa has 5 sacks in the 3 games since Chase was traded there.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Hey you wanna crap on it like their pass rush & Bosa haven't improved since Chase was traded there, have at it, but I'm just telling you their pass rush is better.

Bosa has 5 sacks in the 3 games since Chase was traded there.

And I'm saying ever since I painted that rock one of my businesses has done much better. I took it and put it in the office I manage the business out of. 

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Show me causation, not correlation. 

Chase is a backup. A depth player. 

Let that sink in. The guy that lots of fanbois are pissed that we let our "best pass rusher" go, is a backup on an actual contender.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And I'm saying ever since I painted that rock one of my businesses has done much better. I took it and put it in the office I manage the business out of. 

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Show me causation, not correlation. 

Chase is a backup. A depth player. 

Let that sink in. The guy that lots of fanbois are pissed that we let our "best pass rusher" go, is a backup on an actual contender.

They kept their starting DL the same for run downs Chase plays 60% of the snaps which are starter snaps.

Edited by turtle28

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They kept their starting DL the same for run downs Chase plays 60% of the snaps which are starter snaps.

Turtle. I watched the game. He was not in with the first unit. He didn't start. You can twist it however you want. But he was rotated in. Starters aren't "rotated in". They start. And then get breathers as the backups get rotated in

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Turtle. I watched the game. He was not in with the first unit. He didn't start. You can twist it however you want. But he was rotated in. Starters aren't "rotated in". They start. And then get breathers as the backups get rotated in

He hasn't started a game for them yet. I dunno if ST snap was counted because he's closer to 55%. 

50%
46%
68%
61%

(his snap count is dropping)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

https://x.com/mrlobble/status/1731471517043581009?s=46&t=2t2xRNrO1QNClepTGhzBVg

Albert Haynesworthesque!

He even has the same jersey number! 😂

This was the play I was referring to.

There's also another one that I'm trying to find where all he does is immediately stand up and then dance side to side without challenging the LT at all. It was probably the easiest snap that LT had taken all season. Dude either doesn't want to play or he tapped out in the development of his talent and is standing pat.

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This was the play I was referring to.

There's also another one that I'm trying to find where all he does is immediately stand up and then dance side to side without challenging the LT at all. It was probably the easiest snap that LT had taken all season. Dude either doesn't want to play or he tapped out in the development of his talent and is standing pat.

At this rate, do you think he gets a big FA offer, or is he going to have to take a 1 year deal?  He is 24, so I am leaning on the side of someone is going to pay him, but man, that’ s a damning play.  

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

At this rate, do you think he gets a big FA offer, or is he going to have to take a 1 year deal?  He is 24, so I am leaning on the side of someone is going to pay him, but man, that’ s a damning play.  

It's probably going to be very similar to Clowney and his FA situation. The prove it deal. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I dunno. Like you said, he's young. So maybe a short deal and not as much $$ as he was looking for.

But yeah, that play is ridiculous. I was watching it and just shouted out "Welcome back Albert"

• Like 1