49ers Trade for DE Chase Young

J-ALL-DAY

9 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Im a Habs fan and it makes me sick to my stomach knowing my 11 year old daughter has a massive crush in Jack Hughes lol. But on the bright side she loves Brock Purdy too.

@RaidersAreOne is a Calgary fan. We try to convert him to the devils, but he has held strong 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Samuel Womack III should be back soon

I don't trust Womack either.

He's a liability against the run and our run defense is leaky af on most days.

At least Oliver has a pulse against the run.

I'm not as down on Oliver as most. He shows flashes but he just gets caught flat-footed far too often when he's motioned out and doesn't have that burst out of his break to recover against better WRs in the slot.  I do like his ability against the run to stick his nose in there. I would actually give him a look on the outside in certain calls. Having the sideline as the extra defender I think would benefit him with a handful of our coverages. 

To me Chase is a luxury.

I get it...our advances merrics for pressures are way down.

But I've said for weeks that the backend looks disjointed and out of sync with the front four.

Yes the front four hasn't been getting home but we've been through this before and they've always figured it out.

Bosa was the only one consistently getting to the QB last year and we were still a pretty dominant unit with virtually zero oush from our DTs.

I really believe another guy on the backend, be it a safety or CB was the key to unlocking this unit's potential.

Not a one-trick pass-rusher who doesn't play the run.

I was fine with Gregory in that role, honestly.

14 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm not as down on Oliver as most. He shows flashes but he just gets caught flat-footed far too often when he's motioned out and doesn't have that burst out of his break to recover against better WRs in the slot.  I do like his ability against the run to stick his nose in there. I would actually give him a look on the outside in certain calls. Having the sideline as the extra defender I think would benefit him with a handful of our coverages. 

To me Chase is a luxury.

But I've said for weeks that the backend looks disjointed and out of sync with the front four.

Yes the front four hasn't been getting home but we've been through this before and they've always figured it out.

Bosa was the only one consistently getting to the QB last year and we were still a pretty dominant unit with virtually zero oush from our DTs.

I really believe another guy on the backend, be it a safety or CB was the key to unlocking this unit's potential.

I wonder if they have given Tig Brown any looks in the slot at practice. I feel like he’s probably at his best on the back end of the defense, but it might be worth at least looking into. 

God, I still can’t believe we pulled this off. I think this is going to work out well for us and hopefully we can keep him beyond this season.

Naturally we still need to figure out our back end, but this was probably the most exciting move we could have made for me personally, especially for what we gave up. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

To me Chase is a luxury.

Do you trust Ambry Thomas?

Big fan of this trade.

I think this lights a fire under Bosa, not that a fire needs to be lit, but having the talent opposite him and being that they played together before, I think this is an ‘iron sharpens iron’ scenario.

I think the key is being able to resign him at a decent price. I have no doubt this will turn out well, I just wonder what the cost would be?

yes, I think we could have used CB help, but adding to our passrush will help the secondary and I think we have the talent there especially with players getting healthy.

LET’S GO!!!!