HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

11 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

My man that sounds like absolute 🔥🔥🔥 I’m big on brisket so always love hearing about people’s different methods. I still prefer a stack smoker with a side hatch to a pellet one but I do want to get a pellet one for convenience as well. Sometimes you just can’t dedicate a whole day of supervision to it!

I prefer wood than pellets but I’m just a old skoo caveman 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FloydFan said:

My man that sounds like absolute 🔥🔥🔥 I’m big on brisket so always love hearing about people’s different methods. I still prefer a stack smoker with a side hatch to a pellet one but I do want to get a pellet one for convenience as well. Sometimes you just can’t dedicate a whole day of supervision to it!

One of the things that’s good about pellets is using my sons cold smoke tube. Looks like a round long cheese grater. Ya fill it and get it lit, then just let it go. That’s how we smoke our cheeses. And with the salmon it turns out like smoked sushi. A slice on top of a pile of smoked salmon spread on toasted bread slices? That sh*ts the flippin bomb! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol Ima try that Mac n cheese in the smoker any tips on how to not ruin it? 

No not really other than givin it some extra moisture (milk or water slightly on bottom) it will get a little dry so I add a little extra fluid. If you add extra cheese and can, cold smoke it first. 

More ineptitude from McDaniels we didn’t know:

JT the Brick

The issue with Josh McDaniels, another one behind the scenes, was difficulty of the verbiage of the play and the play getting in. By the time Coach McDaniels called the play from his sheet, went through the play, gave it to the quarterback in the huddle, because it’s so complex for the quarterback to understand it, and then tell the team what the play is, by the time they got to the line of scrimmage they didn’t have a lot of time.”

On 11/18/2023 at 1:45 PM, bucksavage1 said:

More ineptitude from McDaniels we didn’t know:

JT the Brick

The issue with Josh McDaniels, another one behind the scenes, was difficulty of the verbiage of the play and the play getting in. By the time Coach McDaniels called the play from his sheet, went through the play, gave it to the quarterback in the huddle, because it’s so complex for the quarterback to understand it, and then tell the team what the play is, by the time they got to the line of scrimmage they didn’t have a lot of time.”

That right there is a dumb problem to have, especially with the game having so much pre snap movement and adjustments nowadays. Definitely explains certain things.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

“We couldn’t be consistent enough on offense to be a playoff-level team. We definitely had the pieces. In my opinion, I think it’s going to be a whole new year next year. The system itself made it hard enough for us to succeed. You need a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers to go in there and have your quarterback hit on every cylinder that consistently. That offense is just a nickel and dime offense…

I feel like based on what we have personnel wise, we could have done a lot better, but the scheme itself kind of held us back. We worked with what he had and we definitely didn’t execute the best that we could have at all times. Next year with a little bit of a different scheme on offense mixed with what we have personnel wise, I think we’ll be able to unlock a different version of our team.”

https://www.raidersbeat.com/davante-adams-explains-how-josh-mcdaniels-system-held-back-the-raiders-offense/

I didnt really know where to put this. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 8:15 PM, Jeremy408 said:

“We couldn’t be consistent enough on offense to be a playoff-level team. We definitely had the pieces. In my opinion, I think it’s going to be a whole new year next year. The system itself made it hard enough for us to succeed. You need a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers to go in there and have your quarterback hit on every cylinder that consistently. That offense is just a nickel and dime offense…

I feel like based on what we have personnel wise, we could have done a lot better, but the scheme itself kind of held us back. We worked with what he had and we definitely didn’t execute the best that we could have at all times. Next year with a little bit of a different scheme on offense mixed with what we have personnel wise, I think we’ll be able to unlock a different version of our team.”

https://www.raidersbeat.com/davante-adams-explains-how-josh-mcdaniels-system-held-back-the-raiders-offense/

I didnt really know where to put this. 

Maybe random raider stuff?

Definitely don't feel like this pertains to Ren and Stimpy.  

Or maybe the general offseason thread.

Either way, thanks for sharing!