Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

Eagles have hired Vic Fangio as defensive coordinator.

It's a fun coincidence that all four AFC HC vacancies were filled before any of the four NFC openings.

If anybody cares, Giants hire Michael Ghobrial as special team coordinator. I didn't even know that job was open. 😁

Edited by Mr.UFO

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Why GB? Why not your DC if he's still good? He could mentor from his DC position. 

Because GB needs one.

Also, I like him better as an AHC advisory type role vs. actually scheming at this point. Unless the Falcons get a defensive head coach like Glenn.

Just now, scar988 said:

Because GB needs one.

Also, I like him better as an AHC advisory type role vs. actually scheming at this point. Unless the Falcons get a defensive head coach like Glenn.

Do you not need one eventually? Sounds like it would be perfect to help assist a likely new coach you get. 

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Do you not need one eventually? Sounds like it would be perfect to help assist a likely new coach you get. 

Sure. But if it needs to match with the HC. I think Rivera matches with LaFleur.

So if Seattle goes with Dan Quinn, that would leave Washington with their pick from Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik.

Which means Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll and Mike Vrabel could all miss out on a job in this cycle. Which seems wild.

Plus if the Commanders pick Slowik, it means the hottest name pre-hiring cycle in Johnson may well be back in Detroit next year. Great, highly unexpected news for the Lions if so.

Im happy for Morris to get another shot to be a head coach. Now I want to see the Rams go get Staley back to be the DC and then go spend some big cash on that side of the ball. Rams defense can get back to being a top 5 defense in the league like they were when Staley was the DC. 

1 minute ago, Mr.UFO said:

If Belichick really is the best head coach ever, then why is he 0 for 6 right now as far as getting hired? And the two teams left haven't even interviewed or contacted him.

Probably because he wants full control of the franchise, aka GM duties as well as being the HC. Plus apparently he wants to bring with him McDaniels, Patricia and Judge (lol at those names). If I'm an owner of a NFL team I'm definitely not giving Belichick GM duties, even though he's probably a good coach still 

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

So if Seattle goes with Dan Quinn, that would leave Washington with their pick from Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik.

Which means Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll and Mike Vrabel could all miss out on a job in this cycle. Which seems wild.

Plus if the Commanders pick Slowik, it means the hottest name pre-hiring cycle in Johnson may well be back in Detroit next year. Great, highly unexpected news for the Lions if so.

Think it is pretty clear Johnson is going to Washington.