Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

The problem people had with Greg Roman in Baltimore wasn't running the ball too much, or 22 personnel on first down. The criticism was for only having two WRs on the field on third down. Hopefully that part of his scheme will change, considering the Chargers are deeper at WR than the Ravens were in 2022 (or even now).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Not sure I like Roman for Herbert's development I would have gone another direction for the Chargers offense. 

At this point I think they feel a running game helps Herbert out the most. 

8 hours ago, Xenos said:

At this point I think they feel a running game helps Herbert out the most. 

I wonder what they have planned for RB. Ekeler is washed (A FA too I believe?) and Kelley is a bum. Mid round selection or going big on one of the potential FA RBs?

29 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder what they have planned for RB. Ekeler is washed (A FA too I believe?) and Kelley is a bum. Mid round selection or going big on one of the potential FA RBs?

Blake Corum at #69

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Probably draft pick and maybe cheap FA pickup.

4 hours ago, raidersedge said:

The Harbaugh/Roman offense will be interesting with Herbert and his group of WRs. Doesn't seem like the ideal fit, Harbaugh's QBs during his career as a HC barley throw for 3000 yards. Herbert should be close to 5000 every year.

If their running game is much improved to the point where Herbert’s passing yards is closer to 4K, I’m cool with that. 

36 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Joe Brady adding to his staff.

IMO this is a potential future OC.   He was the QBC in 2021 when Jameis Winston started 5-2 and looked serviceable.   He’s been the pass game coordinator for the last 2 years and done some interesting things but Derek Carr & Andy Dalton at QB and Pete Carmichael at OC with play calling has really doomed that O.    It will be curious with Allen & Brady if the pass O takes off (because the one criticism with Joe Brady taking over is the pass game wasn’t nearly as potent).  

Teams should be willing to take chances on guys like Curry way more than the retread hires we get.   Good for BUF.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

IMO this is a potential future OC.   He was the QBC in 2021 when Jameis Winston started 5-2 and looked serviceable.   He’s been the pass game coordinator for the last 2 years and done some interesting things but Derek Carr & Andy Dalton at QB and Pete Carmichael at OC with play calling has really doomed that O.    It will be curious with Allen & Brady if the pass O takes off (because the one criticism with Joe Brady taking over is the pass game wasn’t nearly as potent).  

Teams should be willing to take chances on guys like Curry way more than the retread hires we get.   Good for BUF.  

The last two QB coaches for Buffalo have become the Bills OC so the pathway is definitely there for Curry.

I don’t think the criticism for Brady was a lack of passing game. It just featured more guys. Kincaid and James Cook finally got involved in the pass game and Shakir started to break out. I think the tale of two halves with Diggs is the real story. But I also expect the Bills to draft a WR early and maybe two. Having Curry exp and involved in passing concepts/game plan is certainly intriguing.

• Like 1