Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

2 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Has a head coach ever been given a 1 year deal? 

I don't believe so. 

First time for everything though right? Lol

I honestly don't know why late season interims don't get a prove it year. If someone is planning on keeping them as permanent HC, they're not going to just scrap them most of the time. A 1 year deal would act as an easy out if things go sideways quick. 

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Coaching as whole is awful right now league wide. A bit concerning. 

Chiefs, Bills, Vikings all doing some solid coaching. Especially the Vikings… O Connell is putting a masterclass on offense and Flores and masterclass on defense. Best coached team in the league right now imo. 

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Coaching as whole is awful right now league wide. A bit concerning. 

limiting offseason workouts, practice time, preseason etc. September is the new pre-season. I just wish we could stop the coaching carousel so we can have some stuff rollover and not have to restart every season. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Chiefs, Bills, Vikings all doing some solid coaching. Especially the Vikings… O Connell is putting a masterclass on offense and Flores and masterclass on defense. Best coached team in the league right now imo. 

Add in the Steelers and Seahawks. No so much KC. They been getting timely calls/non calls all season

Tomlin always has his team prepared 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

We're already at the team meeting, things getting personal with players getting things off their mind phase in week 3?

This is not looking promising. 

On the flip side it could be great.

players being allowed to speak could be good imo.

zamir - coach this scheme your running isn’t for me, these are my strengths. 

da - just throw me the ball 1 target a half ain’t enough

tucker - can we please use my speed.

im so tired of coaches making players work in there system. 
a good coach adjusts his system to the players. 

32 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

On the flip side it could be great.

players being allowed to speak could be good imo.

zamir - coach this scheme your running isn’t for me, these are my strengths. 

da - just throw me the ball 1 target a half ain’t enough

tucker - can we please use my speed.

im so tired of coaches making players work in there system. 
a good coach adjusts his system to the players. 

Sure, could be. But these players wanted this guy as their coach. Seems off that the goodwill has already ran out and they are needing to address stuff that should have be cleared up in training camp. 

Guess is... it's on the offensive side of the ball as you suggested. Which is a case of buyer remorse with Getsy. Just an all around objectively terrible hire that didn't need to happen. It was obvious what you were getting and you can't be surprised when you get it. 

Edited by big_palooka

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Sure, could be. But these players wanted this guy as their coach. Seems off that the goodwill has already ran out and they are needing to address stuff that should have be cleared up in Training camp. 

Sure but that’s speculation, coming from someone who already disliked the coach. So you’re looking for things to go wrong. Would you say that’s fair?

what if it was APs decision to have Maxx and DA lead a players meeting? 

What if it’s AP asking players for their input? 

You’re saying players already losing faith in him, but I haven’t heard anything of that yet. 

id rather them address this week 3 then put it off till week 15.

i understand some want to tank, and I get it as a fan, but we have 2 players in DA and Maxx that just won’t allow it IMO.

they hate losing

• Like 2

If KC had started 1-2, and they had a players meeting there is no doubt in my mind, some would be saying wow Reid letting his captains be captains.

AP does it and he’s clueless. 

Winning cures all, and we we weren’t going to win much with the way our O has been playing. 
im glad they want to make adjustments

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Sure but that’s speculation, coming from someone who already disliked the coach. So you’re looking for things to go wrong. Would you say that’s fair?

what if it was APs decision to have Maxx and DA lead a players meeting? 

What if it’s AP asking players for their input? 

You’re saying players already losing faith in him, but I haven’t heard anything of that yet. 

id rather them address this week 3 then put it off till week 15.

i understand some want to tank, and I get it as a fan, but we have 2 players in DA and Maxx that just won’t allow it IMO.

they hate losing

That's fair - easy to identify cracks when you're looking for them

Been a lot signaling early though that things are dicey. Feel like DA and Maxx have been saying the same "we need to look in the mirror" lines for 2 years now. When do they just show up and play ball without all this nonsense. Why are some players not buying in year and year? It's exhausting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

That's fair - easy to identify cracks when you're looking for them

Been a lot signaling early though that things are dicey. Feel like DA and Maxx have been saying the same "we need to look in the mirror" lines for 2 years now. When do they just show up and play ball without all this nonsense. Why are some players not buying in year and year? It's exhausting. 

100% and I agree.

but I’ll tell you, coming out the second half running , was so tough to watch as a fan, I can’t imagine how the players felt. 

It felt like we were waiving the flag, not surprised some lost interest, I did too.

one of the things I hated most about Carr, was he was a yes man for the OC. He was team captain, here for 9 years, he had the power to override calls at the line but wouldn’t. Minshew as a journeyman qb in game 3 doesn’t have the same standing here, but I wish he would’ve adubiled out of the run run pass routine. 
I’m praying this is what players got off their chest, but; 

I agree it’s hopium / a long shot to wish for as a fan.

the only thing I know is nothing would’ve changed if they didn’t voice their concerns